Cotton Candy (Circus)

Hello Everyone,

Just a general help question. SO i bought the Cotton Candy (Circus) TFA and I cannot get a good mix. I have tried a few different ways and just would like to know if anyone has played with this that could help me make it become good. By itself it taste nothing like Cotton Candy more like some caramel type taste which is not what i every expected or wanted. Please help me bring this flavor to where it needs to go so i do not have to waste it.

3 Likes

I’ve no experience with that, but you might find some info on the flavor details page for Cotton Candy (Circus) (TPA) :smile:

5 Likes

Yes thanks for the info maybe i will try some of these ones if i have the correct stock. Thanks for the reply!

4 Likes

I would suggest you purchase some FA Joy and Bilberry and give this a go:

TFA Circus CC 6%
FA Joy 2.5%
FA Bilberry 1.5%

This should be pretty close to a shake and vape, but a warm rice bath and a week steep should cure all ills. :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks man i will for sure try this one next!

2 Likes

Good mixing!

The Joy has a funnel cake quality and the bilberry is the EU version of the US blueberry; slightly tart, but tasty.

2 Likes

I mostly use it for adding a certain sweetness w/o using a designed sweetener…?

2 Likes

man! ive had the same luck with that cotton candy flavor its garbage !! so chemically and so yuck not even close to cotton cotton candy imo. im like 100% there is a better cotton candy flavor out there and i havent even tried any other cotton candy but this one it was a hugh let down idk how there where good reviews on this flavor on mfs where i ordered this flavor from. yuck yuck yuck im came to he simple fact this is nothing but a waste of time effort and juice just dont . throw it away and move on … ive tried like everything i can think of the only way to even make it vape-able is to do a 50/50 of this with some type of vanilla i did vanilla cupcake and it was okay in a few days. tell me if you have any luck lol have a whole bottle about to go into the trash.

1 Like

Haha, I had the same experience, maybe worse. I had bought FW’s and TPA’s, but didn’t do anything with it for about a week. Then someone at work and asked me if I could make him a cotton candy Vape and I said “oh sure, no problem, I just bought some and can’t wait to try it”. So I mixed it up and it was the most awful thing I’ve ever mixed. Later on in the week I said “hey man I was working on that cotton candy and didn’t have much success”. Pretty embarrassing…

1 Like

For how long did you let it steep? And in what %'s? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

TFA CC is decent, but CAP BRCC has never worked for me. I can’t figure out what it is supposed to taste like because to me, it is definitely not blue raspberry cotton candy.

2 Likes

I’ve just used the BRCC in a few mixes, it’s a candied blueberry / raspberry with sweet, candy fruit notes.

2 Likes

It’s one of those that if you tried it in a blind taste test, you’d have no idea what it is. I tried based on my mind knowing it was supposed to be BRCC and still, nothing. It’s pretty much like what you said. But, I guess that name would make for an awkward label.

2 Likes

I used it at low (0.2-1%) with another fruit just for the candy note.

2 Likes

I started off at 3%, but with strawberry at 1.5%, then because I wasn’t getting what I was looking for, I kept increasing it, but tasted the same. Didn’t think a fruity sweetened vape needs much steeping. But I left it sit around for 3 weeks now, and its the same garbage. Why, do you think I should treat it as a sweetener? Like maybe make up a base, add fruit, and add like 1% or something?

I was trying to get a cotton candy vape

1 Like

I have been meaning to get a bottle of Lorann Cotton candy for quite sometime - I read a post on ecf awhile back from J MacLeod

The LorAnn’s Cotton Candy flavoring is very different from Ethyl Maltol.
Ethyl Maltol is often referred to as a “sweetener”, but it doesn’t have a sweet taste, or much of a taste at all.
What it does have is the odor of spun or caramelized sugar which gives the impression of “sweetness” since taste and smell are so intertwined.
LorAnn’s on the other hand, has an actual flavor that effects the taste buds as well as the sense of smell, and is one of my personal favorites.
If you have a sweet-tooth and haven’t tried it yet, you’re really missing out.

I have not yet gotten around to grabbing a bottle and maybe someone here could chime in - it may be a solution to a good cotton candy.

2 Likes

Looks like I’m getting a new flavor added to my stash this week

2 Likes

Please post your opinion if you do. I’m really interested to hear.

1 Like

It is, I agree. I don’t recall this being a topic of discussion on the forum, but for this one. But this thread had been started 2 months ago. Maybe others will see it, but I wish we could get everyone involved more aggressively.

Getting a DIY cotton candy vape that tastes really good is a hot topic IMO

1 Like