Cotton/ Wick Longevity

For me personally, I noticed an immediate difference between rayon & cotton. My ADV had subtle flavor notes that I had never tasted before. Nic hit & throat hit were stronger too, so I have to lower my nic on some of my mixes.
YMMV of course, but for me it was a much more flavorful, so I’ve been using rayon in all my setups since.

@anon28032772 why would he have to be brave to try it? In the link you provided (which i read through most of it) they have debunked any ‘fear’ regarding rayon many times. The final rayon product which is what we use, has no residual toxins. Plus the rayon is a lot harder to scorch on a coil than cotton is. I haven’t had a dry hit since I made the switch.

Steve-o, I also forgot to mention, it’s all about HOW you wick with rayon. If you have any muted flavor or low vapor production, it usually means you put too much rayon, and is choking the coil.

1 Like

Not to try it, to start reading up on it :smiley: Check out the link, the thread goes on and on and on lol

2 Likes

LMAO!!

Sorry, I misread your post. You are absolutely right about that, which is why I said I read through ‘most’ of it. lol

2 Likes

I’ll have to give it a try thanks to everyone that replayed

Hmmmmm, thank you for this. Might have to look into some rayon as it is something that I have not tried.

Obijuan,
Thanks I am getting muted flavors next build I’ll try using less
Thanks!
:+1:

1 Like

Yea, rayon can be a bit tricky to get correct, but I’ve been having good results with the following method:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqKM7TixV04

I rewicked 4 days ago, and haven’t had a dry or yucky hit yet. Still going on the same wick.

The best cotton I have ever used. Flavor rocks, very little break in.

The best thing I like though is… When I vape at 100 watts it don’t burn. Of course you got to make up your own mind, and there are a lot to choose from.

I am so confident about it that I will send you a sample. just pm me your address

3 Likes

Rayon is natural and goes through simular processing as cotton so no worries there. i’ve used both and like both. The Rayon will wick quicker
so if your a cloud chaser you may want to give it a go. With todays
temp control a good Mod will suck both almost dry and white with no burn.
Have fun with it. A good medical grade is made by Delasco, search
rayon balls.

1 Like