Crazy cheap rda?

Anyone know of a decent rda that I can get for stupid cheap? Clones are great, shipping from china is fine. I just need something better than what I have for doing single flavor testing, but honestly I’m looking to spend like $10. …:confused::joy: maybe I’m dreaming.
I would just take a gamble on something random from fasttech, but I figured I’d ask y’all first. :wink:

3 Likes

get the velocity v2 its cheap and works well mine is a tobeco does it have to be a rda cls it be a rdta if so ill send you my wismec theorem , i also have a brand new boreas never used

3 Likes

How about the Oumier Wasp Nano, single coil, perfect setup for testing.
Also, I get great flavour from it

2 Likes

A Goon clone can never be wrong

7 Likes

Apocalypse gen 2 clone like $8 from fasttech they are awesome I have 2

4 Likes

I second the Velocity V2, just make sure you get a Tobeco. I had a V1 and now a V2 and they have yet to fail.

3 Likes

I’ve got a theorem, but thank you! That’s what I’ve been using for most testing and just have been using it as a dripper… But the juice leaks all down into the tank and I end up having to take it apart between flavors anyway…lol

2 Likes

I have had my eye on the theorem for a while now, but the reasons are mostly aesthetic. I got the V2 in lieu of the Theorem as I wanted something clear and if you get the right Velocity V2, it actually comes with this bad boy:

What do you think of the Theorem? Do you use the premade coils or build them?

3 Likes

That’s pretty cool looking. I got the theorem because I liked how it looked too. I think the flavor from the theorem is great but I have 3 issues with it. 1, the tank is teeny weeny. So I’m constantly filling it, which brings me to 2, the fill hole is too small and too far down past the glass for all of my dripper tops to fit down into so it can be a major PITA to fill, and 3, it gets a quite hot when chain vaped on.

7 Likes

https://101vape.com/tanks-rba-rda/1047-454-big-block-by-kryptonite-vapor.html

2 Likes

Bought 4 of them the last time I ordered… love’m. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

you nailed the issues

2 Likes

I sent fidalgo a piece of his for his Theorem.

I was standing at work one day filling it and thinking about how much of a pain in the ass it was to fill. So pondering the situation I happen to glance across the shop and saw a clear plastic box filled with all sort of tubing. It fits perfect over most 30ml plastic bottle tips.

6 Likes

I’ve been extremely happy with this. I really like single coil rda’s.

http://www.3fvape.com/rebuildable-atomizer-supply/12542-sxk-hadaly-style-rda-rebuildable-dripping-atomizer-w-bottom-feeder-pin-silver-stainless-steel-22mm-diameter.html?search_query=Hadaly+&results=20

3 Likes

Haha that’s perfect!!!

4 Likes

Enjoy your free RDA.

3 Likes

Oh and I forgot to mention… I build my own coils for it. The notch coils that come with it are not good.

2 Likes

@Pentine
I’m no VapeyMama… But, I love it!
Awesome flavor tank that is easy to build and quick to wick!

Definitely better longevity out of building your own coils. The ones they ship with are nice, quite nice in fact! But there’s just no way to effectively dry burn them clean. Besides which, making your own coils is SO easy (barring those with arthritis, etc) and saves money. plus you gives you control over coil material, and choice of cotton (wicking). Take the plunge already! :wink:

[quote=“VapeyMama, post:9, topic:143073”]
I think the flavor from the theorem is great but I have 3 issues with it. 1, the tank is teeny weeny. So I’m constantly filling it, which brings me to 2, the fill hole is too small and too far down past the glass for all of my dripper tops to fit down into so it can be a major PITA to fill, and 3, it gets a quite hot when chain vaped on.[/quote]

1 Agreed to an extent, but on the other hand, it’s nice and convenient for me (and those like me) because I change flavors frequently. Rarely do I go past 2-3 fill ups before I’m ready to switch flavors.

2 I’ve heard this a time or two before, and it didn’t dawn on me that it was because folks were using plastic bottles. Easy fix: use glass! Your liquids will thank you, and your filling woes will end instantly with that lovely new glass dropper that fits so easily in there!
Though I must say, @TheTinMan1 had an excellent solution!

3 I haven’t experienced. I’ve run anywhere from 38-55w, and only when I’ve gone above about 50-52w and chained did it get hot to me.
Something to keep in mind though, and it can be accounted for (offset by) adjusting your coil size (I. D.) and possibly impedance (wrap count), and of course wire Guage.
Lower impedance should get the coils hotter faster, and they cool quicker too, thus not allowing so much heat transfer from the coil to the glass.

Edit: holy large text o0
That was unexpected! Lol
Fixed.

6 Likes

It might just be my next purchase as far as hardware goes, then. From what I have seen, it can only sport one coil due to the design, is this true?

2 Likes

Sort of, but not in reality.

I’ve seen folks run dual vertical coils on it, but IMHO, I’ve been so pleased with it in single coil operation, that I’ve honestly never tried using dual verticals.

Some examples in Google images…
https://www.google.com/search?q=theorem+dual+coil+setup&prmd=ivns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjunpWqyKrUAhVs7YMKHVr-A9QQ_AUIBigB

4 Likes