Crazy DIY Day Today

You can buy 12ga blunt tip needles on Amazon, E-bay, FastTech, etc.
They work very well with VG based nicotine, or you can remove the needle
from your syringe and use only the syringe.

I have only mixed e-juice with a magnetic stirrer because of 50+ years of
lab work in my profession, so I have always used a low-form glass beaker
to mix in. You have a large opening to work with, then just pour it in your
bottles when complete. Best pricing on beakers is by the dozen on Amazon.
I normally use 100ml and 250ml , and for small test batches I have never
had any problem pouring from the 100ml beaker into the smallest opening
on plastic bottles.

3 Likes

That sounds all awesome advice and very interesting but I quite like making a mess, so I think I’ll stick with pouring through the funnel.

Funny thing is, I have 12ga blunt needles and when I use a 1ml syringe there is no issue sucking up the Nic in VG.

It only happened yesterday as I was making larger batches and thought I’d try and make it easier by using a 5ml.

Err… Nope. :joy:

What @Fozzy71 said re: the paper clip…easiest method to totally prevent the airblock “bubble” with funnels.

I have a “custom” bent paperclip shaped to hook on to the lip of the bottle as one of my mixing “tools.” Hang it on the bottle before inserting the funnel nozzle…absolutely solves the problem.

The wire provides an air gap to vent the displaced air inside the bottle while pouring VG into the funnel. You can pour as fast as the funnel can handle…works every time!

Edit: And a funnel is much easier to just rinse out compared to needles/syringes, imo.

5 Likes

Cool thanks @pueo @Fozzy71 paperclip sounds the way to go.

Thanks also to everyone else who replied, your help and suggestions are very much appreciated :smile:

Best Wishes

Shane

how do you calibrate your scale, mate?

1 Like

Your manual should explain how to calibrate the scale you have.

Did calibration weights come with your scale?

2 Likes

No calibration weights…

1 Like

Hello @w00cash666

Yep unfortunately you need calibration weights. I am in the U.K. So could not get the American Weigh Scale that everyone seems to use.

So I got a Smart Weigh Top 500 with 2 minute cut off along with a 500g weight.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Smart-Weigh-Back-Lit-Features-Included/dp/B00ME8VI34

The scale is £13.99 & the 500g weight is £7.99.

You have to press mode then again, then put the weight on and it says pass when successful.

All the best :smiley:

1 Like

So fancy!! :joy:
Seriously though, that’s a great idea.

1 Like

Cool. I’ll buy the weight as well, then. My scale is almost the same. The buttons are round, though.

1 Like

If you can wait a few days…

1 Like

Thanks @VapeyMama,@Shane18! The aggravation of an airblock is no joke, lol. I mix max VG juices directly into 100ml dripper bottles with small necks…so I needed a solution. This works for me without fail. Don’t forget (like I did) to tare your scale after placing the paper clip/funnel into the bottle. ‘◡’

Method also works w/ larger funnels when transferring VG from my gallon jugs to 500ml bottles.

Aloha!

2 Likes

So my scale is 500g max. don’t I need 500g weight?

EDIT: Never mind, just watched the video. I think I get it.

2 Likes

Hey there @pueo

I would love to take responsibility for this ingenious idea although it was you @pueo & @Fozzy71 :smile: who had this great idea.

All the best with your calibration @w00cash666 :wink: