Critique my Newby first order?

Oh! Also maybe just start with 10ml of this too. Some people get a very off-putting black pepper taste from it, so you might want to make sure you’re not one of them.

5 Likes

I’d have to agree with the 10ml flavors over the 30’s to start too. For the same price you can get twice as many and they do go quite a ways (with most recipies). Milk frother=not absolutely necessary in my book as long as you are physically capable of shaking the crap outta a bottle. Also, you want to leave headroom in a bottle. For example only put 25ml(or less if your testing a brand new recipe) in a 30ml bottle. Leaves room to shake. Welcome to the fun zone and HAPPY VAPING!

4 Likes

IzNoGoat: Glad you brought that up. I was going off of Highly Rated 2-3 flavor recipes that I found with similar flavors to Unicorn Milk (one of the few flavors that were appealing to me… plus I’m quite new to vaping). Funny you mentioned the Strawberry, because I can hardly taste it in the Unicorn Milk.

As far as brands, I stuck with TPA and CAP to keep it simple and order all from one supplier.

Based on your advice,I think I’ll add a couple more fruits to my order. Thx!

4 Likes

Best investment you can make though is time. Read, read, read and understand.

Fortunately you’ve come to the premier DIY juice making forum in the cyberverse. The folks here are incredibly talented, and quite willing to assist with any question or conundrum you may have. I get a lot of helpful advice with no detectable smirking at all. So put on your lab coat, furrow your brow, stick your tongue out the corner of your mouth a little, and dig in to this big beautiful world.

8 Likes

damn.right. :tada:

8 Likes

I swear I use CAP Vanilla Custard more than any other flavor. LB vanilla Ice cream is also one I’d highly recommend.

5 Likes

Omg I know. I buy it in 4oz bottles and go through it faster than almost anything else! And yes, LB Van Ice Cream is amazing!

4 Likes

Oh yeah, one thing I didn’t see you had listed was a syringe. 100mg nic is fine to use with a good scale(like the lb-501 you listed) but you almost need a syringe and blunt nosed needle to get the right amount in a small mixture. There might be (and I’m sure there are) other ways but I’m not sure of any easier. Good call on including a scale to start with, I mixed for 2 months without one and I’m not sure why I made it so hard on myself.

2 Likes

Hey VapeyMama, ELR is suggesting I answer multiple posts at once instead of one at a time, using the quote button. Not sure how to do that! AND! VANILLA CUSTARD V1 CAP. sounds awesome! Something like that might be what I’m craving/loving in Unicorn Milk (Cuttwood). I don’t even think I can taste Strawberry.

I’ll adjust my order accordingly, Thx!

2 Likes

What I meant was if you plan on diluting the 100mg/ml nicotine down to say, 48mg/ml then it’s better to just buy the 48mg/ml rather than diluting it yourself.
I have calculated the costs and it worked out to the be the same, so you can save yourself some trouble of doing it yourself (less margin of error also).

I bought 100mg nicotine and then decided to diluted it down to 36mg. So I wanted to know if it was any better (cost wise) to do this or just buy it at 36mg, turns out to be the same once you take into account the pg (or vg) used to dilute it.

I was not talking about the strength of your desired nicotine in your juices.

1 Like

WOW! THANK YOU ALL for all the comments! This is a tremendous help.

YES! This is the most awesome site EVER!

I’m trying to figure out how to answer multiple posters at once using the quote button. If I miss something, apologies.

I’ll go over all the recommendations very carefully before I place my first order.

2 Likes

Lol just ignore it unless it won’t let you. :joy:

3 Likes

I just remembered something I should have known much earlier. Don’t need any mixing tools with this.

3 Likes

@Brandolf did mention syringes, id suggest 1.5 -2ml pipettes for flavors since the larger volumes (30+) dont come w/ tips. Depending on where u order from, the bases may not come w/ yorker tips and easier to squeeze bottle as Nic river provideds so u may want 3 for the bases in sizes to use everytime u drag out everything to mix in. i use a 60ml foir the nic as it goes a long way and keep the rest in the fridge.

2 Likes

I went well overboard with my first order, I have to admit. I was like “I know I need this, but I might need that too. Ooh, and I bet I need that. Ack, and more of that…” Funny thing is, I was right. I ended up buying full gallons of PG and VG and was glad I did that too. There is such a thing as ‘minimum requirements’ but I blew the heck right through that mindset. Smallest concentrate bottle I’ve ever bought is 4oz actually. So, I won’t be giving any quantity advice since I figure that while a case of beer is good, 5 cases of beer is better.

2 Likes

Trying to answer multiple posters on one post:

TW12:

Ha ha, thanks!

Brandolf:
Thanks for the advice on Milk frother and leaving headroom in the bottle and the syringe, will do!

Bad Influence:
Super idea, just mix right in the bottle - I’m guessing the calculator will let you input 25 Ml for total?

2 Likes

Yes sir! :+1: whatever amount you want.

3 Likes

I’m not sure why but some people are extremely scared of nicotine, they don’t want high consecration nicotine, hey whatever floats your boat, but for me 100mg nick is the best way to get it and I don’t dilute it. Way to many fear mongers when it comes to nicotine. Be safe wear gloves and wash it off your skin if you get it on you.

7 Likes

I think we can all read the trepidation in your posts. If I can offer one more bit of advice, it would be to put aside any intimidation. It really isn’t all that hard once you get the hang of it. I was happy to vape my own Red Licorice (which was nothing more than 10% red licorice with PG, VG, and nic). And I was pumped when I made a vapeable strawberries and cream with a whopping two ingredients (yes, strawberry and sweet cream). Since then I’ve made some more complex ones I really like too, like Key Lime Pie Yogurt. And of course, you see others here that are talented enough to open a store (that is not me). In no time you’ll be making things you didn’t know you could. Remember, everyone mixed their very first bottle at some point.

7 Likes

Yeessss, absolutely. It should be FUN not intimidating! :wink:

Also, when you f* up (you will, we all do) just come here and laugh about it with everyone! This forum has the awesomest peeps!

7 Likes