Critique my Newby first order?

If you’re in the USA, you seriously need to consider using Bull City Flavors or Nicotine River (equal preference, alphabetically listed). Much wider selection, and both provide excellent customer service.

If you’re “otherwise limited”, I’m sorry to hear it.
It would SUCK to be limited to just those two brands.

3 Likes

I know there is a lot of great advice but wanted to add

Skip the frother and buy more flavors. This not required to mix. Think about adding the following.

Marshmallow fa
Fresh cream fa
Fuji fa
Kiwi fa (since I see you like strawberry…kiwi works with sb)

Beyond that pick as many fruits you can handle to buy. Fruits gives you more opportunities to mix. Straw and kiwi. Apple and strawberry. Strawberry nana. Star nana kiwi. Etc.

If you want an orange…blood orange fa.

Beyond that. I would also recommend building some recipes before your first purchase. Have a plan of what you want to mix first then buy based on your planned recipes. Do some test run orders. Like at what you can order vs what you must order vs can only order. The better plan you have the more succcess you find at the start.

2 Likes

i was on mobile and I don’t know if my other message went through, but yes, it appears that its only strawberry and then other dessert base stuff. You’ll be waiting around for this stuff to steep. Get some stuff that will give you a shake and vape like some raspberry/strawberry or strawberry/apple or etc. I second not having a frother. There is no substitute for steeping, just time. been mixing about 3+ years and never had one. you’ll be fine.

1 Like

For a first step into the rabbit hole it looks like your off to a good start. As people have stated above a lot of the recipes with creams will need to set awhile…

Time is by far the best method to steep a juice.

That being said I would recommend making a small bottle of each flavor by itself. Just so you know what it tastes like and can better judge if you will like a recipe before you make it…

For example

Liquid barn blue raspberry - to me tasted pretty good in a cheap $9 vape pen but when I put it in my mod @120 w it needs a sweetener or a cream…

Okay second thing to remember is to have fun. Some people r way to serious

Everyone will swear their way of mixing is the best. But it’s just their opinion. Unless of course they got a Nobel prize in making vape juice.

Listen to what they say, some if it’s good advice and use what works for you. Because in the end all that really matters is you make a juice you enjoy vaping.

1 Like
  • NicRiver has free shipping over $ 50
  • ECigExpress is free over $ 60
  • Bull City Flavors is free over $ 75

I’ve always aimed for free shipping - I mix only 70VG/30PG.

Used up my first gallon of VG in less than 5 months… I had lots of juices steeping – I didn’t actually vape that much !

A Liter of PG lasted 2.5 months. bought another liter, then just gave up and bought a gallon of PG too.

60 mls of 100mg PG Nic was gone in 3.5 months - started at 3mg nic - moved down to 1.5mg nic very quickly. Bought lots more, all chilling in the freezer. Not broken down to smaller bottles (YET).

Go Big ! Gallons ! - hit the free shipping targets when you can.

1 Like

Liquid barn - free shipping on orders over $50

2 Likes

30ml is a high #, especially if you aren’t fond of the flavor… try it first and expirement

2 Likes

I started off with 3 mg in pg , what a huge mistake that was. I was thinking it would be easier and a short cut of sorts. Now i ordered 48 in vg. I think 100mg might last me too long since i’m shooting for 3mg juices.

I guess there’s advantages to higher mg but i figure i place orders often enough 48 is fine for me

3 Likes

Solid start. I would have to agree with getting a few more fruits. Most are good off the shake. That way you will always have something to vape while your bakeries are steeping. A few I could recommend are.
CAP Double Apple
TPA Grape Juice
CAP Sweet Tangerine
LA Lemonade
LA Watermelon
FA Lemon Sicily
TPA Champagne
CAP Sweet Guava
FW Blueberry
TPA Sweet Raspberry

1 Like

Not so long ago I knocked over a bottle of 100mg nicotine and spilled as much as perhaps 20ml all over myself - so I can testify that accidents can and will happen.

Ironically it happened while I was diluting my nicotine :rofl:

4 Likes

That’s a very good start

1 Like

Most nic comes with a foil seal at the opening. I just poke a hole near the edge with a tooth pic and drip from there into my bottle as it sits on the scales. (not good for larger mixes) No syringe needed.

3 Likes

Good idea! Never thought of that one. I do the same thing basically with the foil. I just poke a hole in it big enough to use my needle incase i knock it over accidentally.

3 Likes

Could just keep a small 15 glass dripper bottle full? I’d be afraid that seal would break or I squirt too much out

2 Likes

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE!

I had to stop posting yesterday (Tue.) because of the ELR rule “max 20 posts/replies on first day”

I have read all the great replies, and will post a list of my changes made per your awesome suggestions.

1. More Flavors, order in 15 Ml vs. 30 Ml. And Skip the Frother.

2. Twist caps for pouring.

3. 100% Nic. Base (probably PG for me) – Safety warnings noted.

4. Save 30 Ml Nic. Base for mixing, freeze the rest.

5. Get 15 Ml. Bottles for mixing samples vs. 30 Ml.

6. Have recipes ready – I have several 2 and 3 Flavor simple recipes to start on. This is what I built my original Flavors List from.

7. Waiting on steeping warning – I have a couple recipes that are good “Shake ‘n Vape”, plus I’ve got a local B & M store for backup, in case I’m caught on the Steeping Curve. NOTED that “creams require steeping”.

8. Free Shipping suggestions. Will work with that and also check the posted “coupons”.

9. “Go Big, buy Gallons!” – I have set myself a budget to explore this wonderful “hobby”, will be increasing my VG for sure.

Again, THANKS to all of you for freely giving of your time and knowledge!

9 Likes

100MG Nic base…

3 Likes

That seal is extremely tough. Even with a hole poked, it is so hard to tear it off completely, especially around the edges. With a lot of pulling strength, it will stretch out and come off eventually but if you’re worried about it falling off, you shouldn’t.

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/resources

Be sure and give the resources page a looking over before you order as you can save substantial coin using the promo codes for the various companies.

2 Likes

@Gyreneosaurus Humm I think my first order was about $257 and change and I found I needed more than what I ordered go figure but 5 orders later I still find I need more to complete certain profiles in my recipes. But besides the lesson you can never order enough I also learned through ELR and having to rewhick so many times to stay away from the cap super sweet (sucralose) has binders that are no good for you and crap your coils up so I make my own sweetener now with pure sucralose powder. And I still read the forums religiously you will find that the people here truly care that you succeed in your endeavors and the only dumb question is the one you didn’t ask.

2 Likes

I thing to think about is that you will order again. Think about initially buying enough pg vg to last 3 months. That way you can spend more on other things. You will order again…shortly after your first month of mixing or two months.

1 Like