Crown 3 good? or bust?

Hey Vapefam!

Was wondering if anyone has the Uwell Crown 3? All these youtubers make it very enticing to get one but before i actually pull the trigger on the purchase, was hoping for an honest review or thought on the tank/coils. thanks in advance.

1 Like

Calling @MysticRose

2 Likes

Got one delivered literally 1 hour ago it is in the usc as we speak.

4 Likes

Thanks for the call out TinMan :wink:

It’s a really good tank if you like vaping in the 50-100W range. I am a low wattage vaper, usually 35-40W, so I am a bit disappointed. However, with the .5 coil at 50W I’m getting a fantastic flavor vape. Flavor is amazing. The vapor production at this wattage is not huge, but adequate, considering the coil is rated for 70-90W. As long as I don’t chain vape, it doesn’t get too hot. Beautiful build and quality!

I think the heat might be a problem for some, if they are chain vapers and using at the higher wattages. I get 3-4 good pulls from it without issues, then I rotate. I do that anyway, always have 2-3 devices and flavors going at one time. I’m fickle and helps prevent vaper’s tongue.

Any, this is what I had wrote a couple weeks ago, you have to click on it to see the entire comment and pictures.

6 Likes

glad to see a honest review. will probably pick one up soon. thanks for the advice!

2 Likes

Wow this is a nice tank - I am not one to usually use stock coils but I have to say I am impressed. I am using the .25 coil on the alien in TC @100w 315C tcr setting .00105 and this tank is great good flav and good clouds. I would say it is better than the crown 1 (but i havent used the c1 in awhile ) it is much sleeker looking than the c1 and much better than the c2 which has sat on the shelf for a long time now.

3 Likes

Have you had any problems with leaking?

1 Like

Not yet - but I have only had juice in it for 20 mins or so and it is an 80 vg mix - if things change I will post but my first impressions are very good.

2 Likes

In Grimm Greens latest video he said its a spitty, spitty tank. I havent used it myself, and maybe Nick got a lemon.

1 Like

Respect GG but I have not been spat at yet - did he use RBA (is there one yet?) or stock coils

1 Like

I think he was using the .25? It definitly wasnt the rba, I just cant remember which ohm coil it was

1 Like

from all the videos ive seen, they all said the coils are underrated, in which case could be the reason for the spit back?

I’ve heard both good and bad lol. Maybe a thick, high vg juice is less spitty

1 Like

Ah that may be it - the juice i have in it is 85vg. @tingnation1 yes i have the .25 in and it is reading .334 on the Alien but have not tested it on the meter.

1 Like

It seems like the thinner the juice is the more it spits so yours is probably vaping awesome with an 85/15 mix! Its a damn nice looking tank man

1 Like

I have to say I am still surprised it is so good I have run about 60ml through it so far and it is still as good as it was the very first hit so the coils are holding up nicely too.

1 Like

UPDATE: received mine last week. Been vaping the 0.5ohm coil for about 6 days at 75-80 watts with max vg juice and i vape pretty much all day. So far for me, ive experienced no break in period, great flavor, decent clouds (keep in mind, i havent vaped it over 80w but i do feel like it could handle 100w easily), no leaking and minor spit back once in a while. Im not an expert reviewer or anything but i can honestly say that ive enjoyed my experience with the tank so far.

1 Like

my only con would be that, after chain vaping, the tank does get warm

I’m using the Smok v8 baby beast cloud Q2 .4ohm.
It’s not bad. But I’m looking for a better flavor experience.
I have the Smok alien 220w mod.

Would u recommended the change to crown 3?
Where is the cheapest place to get the crown 3 from?
What ohm do u suggest?

I loved mine, I only recently shelved it because I got a boreas and it’s cheaper to build your own coils lol

1 Like