Crown Subtank by Uwell

I very seldom go over 60w on this tank. I’ve had no issue with spit back and I don’t know what causes it. If its not popping then it may be the volume of air coming through the coils, As the juice gets hotter it thins even more, maybe flooding your coil a bit. I don’t really know this to be true… it’s just a theory.

1 Like

Yeah I’m not sure either and I’ve tried everything…I actually just came across a reddit review thats almost word for word as mine. .
I’ve been fine with it on my 50w but I kinda went out and bought a bigger mod to go higher and now… not so much… and for the TC option.
I really havent seen any crackling though, just that spit back at higher watts on my max vg mixes.
IMO they should still cover the heads but whatever, I have no issues using it at 50!!

1 Like

For me spit back is a common issue especially on RBAs. As long as it’s not a big splash of hot liquid then I just deal with it. It cant be no worst than when I taste my samples.

1 Like

Agreed…to a point. I’m used to light, almost cant notice spit back, this was hitting/irritating my throat SB at the higher wattage.
I hope no one sees this as me hating on this tank though, because I’m not. Nothing can be perfect forever;-)
I’m willing to bet the people who boast 120watts are having the same issues but love the tank too much to say so…one even put it as I did about the flavor being what he imagined drinking the ejuice would be, well in his case at 120 he kinda actually was lol

It’s best to always make all issues aware so others know what expect. Maybe even contact Uwell… who knows they may make adjustments on a v2. No matter what anyone says this tank is the bomb and we both know it.

1 Like

Same reply i made a while back. SS and Ti are the only two wire that don’t mute flavors and leave a metal taste. It’s really not this tank give you more. The flavor isn’t masked with metal. One guy posted that he built his RBA with Kanthal and it reminded of the STM. It’s all in the wire. I’ve been preaching this for months. I think it’s starting to get through. I even did a post on this last month.

Oh I still stand behind my first review of it 100% its the bombdiggity fo shizzle :wink:
I just wish I knew about this (granted minor) issue ahead of time because I’m so damn hasty and impulse buy, that within a matter of hours of getting the crown, I go out and buy a better mod with even more $ I dont have left to put towards vaping…I blame no one but myself on that…
I just felt I need to let people know my personal “cons” experience so that its made aware. It wasnt until I googled crown spit back that I found a review stating just that.
I needed to upgrade this damn eleaf anyways…i got all my tanks and mods for free when a friend gave up vaping a while back so its about time I start buy my own :wink:

Try mounting some type of screen between the drip tip and the top cap.

1 Like

Maybe (HOPEFULLY) it was just my coil being faulty…because I just now got my first, slightly burnt hit?! It’s fine atm but I would lie if I said I wasn’t worried. It’s only been what? 3 days? If that! and if my coil is spent already I’m going to be pretty upset! I’ll continue with it the rest of the day and see what happens, hopefully it was just a fluke…
I haven’t even fired this thing over 4v on the .25, outside of testing it last night with my friends mod and I dont vape any heavy sugars or anything that would kill them faster.

No one else that I have seen has had this issue and actually what I have seen has been quite the contrary, having their coils last months EVEN when they purposely try to kill it!

Im at work so I dont have another coil with me but as much as it would suck to loose this coil already, maybe its faulty and all the spit back/burnt issues I’m now having are all because of that…cause now im getting spit back AND popping at 30watts :, (

update
Yeah it’s toast…wtf!

I’ve had my first one for almost 2 months and I pulled my 2nd coil for the RBA and it was still going. I must admit it wasn’t in daily use. It’s just one of about 13 tank rotation.

Yeah I don’t know how or why but it has to be the coil…the crown has been in rotation with my other 3 tanks and my single BVCs are into their 2 month already and still going…
Im glad I got the 5 pack of .25s with it though! How very odd…

So I just got home and was able to take the tank apart and I took the coil out and WOW…I wish i had a way of getting a picture inside the head but its FULL of what I can only describe as burnt black cotton candy/cob webs…I have never seen anything like it?! Something major had to of been messed up with this coil then? When I got the tank and took out the TC coil and put this one in it looked exactly like the others and I examined this thing like crazy because I was impressed by it

So idk what else to say about it…im a little worried I have been enhaling this shit but I will pop in another. All I can say is if it happens again I will stop using it and call monica over at uwell and see if this has happened to anyone else

Strange right??

(Pssst I still love the tank tho :wink:

Ok so I tried my best to get a picture of this but I was having a hard time zooming at closer ranges but you should be able to see it
The darkness in the center IS NOT a shadow it is the actual gunk that has filled the entire head, it kinda looks like black cotton? It’s extremely brittle

Wicks are like are like filters. Whatever is in there came from your juice. That’s what they call coil gunk.

Highly unlikely since they are new juices and I didn’t have issues with my other coils, I was comparing the same juice on the crown and my older tanks to note differences. Of course I cant say with %100 certainty not having a proper lab to test them but I’m 99.99% sure my juices are clean…

It’s always been refer to as such. I’ve had juices that does the exact same thing. Organic cotton and SS does react that way. I’ve used it for months and never had it happen unless it was the juice. I have 1right now that does it when I use it. Brown sugar TPA is the culprit for me.

I’m not saying it doesn’t happen, upon further inspection it appears to be cotton and the coils aren’t aligned right- I’m chalking it up to a defective coil because with this new coil I threw in earlier it’s miles better than the first and I’m not even getting the spit back I experienced at the high wattage, I didn’t even know this was possible but it’s now way better then when I first got it so now I love it times 2 :wink:

Some juices have ingredients that gunk coils… it’s a fact. I’m just trying let you know before you decide not to use the tank.

I know all about that, yes. That wasn’t what I was referring to sorry. Higher sugary flavorings “caramelize” on the coil I am familiar with that and yes that happens to me all the time, this wasn’t that- All good, hard to show/discuss through a forum

1 Like

If you soak that coil in alcohol 1 day then water 1 day and let it dry you can still use it.