CROWN SUBTANK unfrigging real

Where are you guys getting the stainless steel wires to rebuild?

Links would be most helpful. Thanks.

I’m using Titanium.

1 Like

Got links?

I really don’t know what you mean. I use Grade 1, .50mm Ti wire. As long as it’s Grade 1 or 2 it’s ok to vape. Somebody posted a link the other day for different gauges.

1 Like

Sorry Ive never used Ti wire. Just found out its for both TC and standard mods.

Hows the vape compared to SS wire? Better?

2 Likes

I buy this SS wire. I haven’t ventured into titanium yet, so can’t help you there.

Some links to threads about titanium here on the forum. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks JoJo.

That Stainless wire that came with the Crown RBA is just delicious.

3 Likes

I’m having wicking issues, no dry hits its that I can seem to not get leaking when using top fill.
Anyone have suggestions / a wicking method that’s not having these issues? Please do tell

1 Like

Sorry I don’t completely follow you? You’re have leaking issues when using the top fill?

1 Like

Yes, for some reason I’m loosing like the bottom 5-10% when top filling so I’ve bee filling upside down.
I guess all I can do is try more cotton.

1 Like

are you closing the airflow when filling?

2 Likes

Yes, & but once open I tend to loose that bottom amount.it’s not the lose of liquid but the mess it makes.
I you all’s rba base is there a o-ring above the threads on the rba? By chance.

1 Like

yes I have an oring

2 Likes

Hmm…
Once I empty this tank I’m gonna clean the rba & take a photo just to make sure I’m not missing a part from the factory.I thi k there’s a missing oring

1 Like

you should have a pack of extra orings under the plastic holder the rba came in

2 Likes

Yep if there’s an o ring above thread I think that’s my issue, I’ll know in a few hours after I empty this g.Custard clone :)…
Thanks for the help @quitter

2 Likes

Got to admit, now that I have the Crown Tank, I really am digging it. Course it helps immensely using it on top of the IPV4s (Thanks for the Recommendation). Look how quickly things change. Just 16 days ago you were looking to have time to do some Ni200 coils. Now you’re trying to think of what you’re gonna do with the Ni200 wire you’ll never use…

5 Likes

You already know the answer to that question yourself! JEWELRY! You can give him lots of ideas, I’m sure! You did that back in the day, right?

2 Likes

I made some jewelry, yes, BUT nickle is not a metal I would ever use in jewelry making. 10-15% of the population is allergic to wearing nickle. Just the small smidgen in sterling silver (don’t know the amount but sterling silver contains 92,5% silver. The rest is a mix) is enough for people to break out in rashes and the like…No, I would not recommend that. Guess I would tell him to do what I’m doing with mine,. Find a spot to put it and hope some day I figure out some use for it (Or trash it during a spring clean up).

2 Likes

Dang it! Oh well, @Pro_Vapes probably isn’t looking for another hobby anyway!

2 Likes