CROWN SUBTANK unfrigging real

Yes it’s 6 wraps but essentially you could do 7-8, there’s a good amount of clearance from the top of the deck to the top of the cap, and as long as you don’t touch the deck with the bottom of the coil it should work just fine, it took me about 2 try’s before I got it right, it’s a lot of fine tuning but the hardest part of the wrap is the bottom to the top, use a screwdriver or something to make sure it doesn’t touch the coil (flathead to apply thin space when bending the coil up) and I bent it on the screwdriver which saved a lot of my issues, it takes a little getting used to but it wicks awesomely, no leakage or dry hits

2 Likes

Sounds good to me. Unfortunately my new Ti wire is a couple days away. Have 26g coming and hopeing I can use less wraps with larger ID so I can space the coil. Should work. Hopefully by the weekend I can give it a try !!! Thanks for the input…

I did a titanium build on my crown RBA last week and it worked wonderfully for a few days. Then it just stopped hitting for me. I’m not sure if I did something wrong or not as I am fairly new to building. I’ve had success with kanthal, but titanium has been giving me fits. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I would love to continue to learn and build using the titanium. Thanks!!

1 Like

IMO Ti coils works best when they are spaced wrapped. Insure the coils are not making contact with any part of the build deck except the screw post. If you’re using a tank make sure there is no contact with the housing or chimney. If you’re resistance is unstable, make sure to check your contact pin on the bottom of your tank or rda and check your post screws to be sure they are tight. And finally make sure your mod can power Ti coils… most Ti coil builds are extremely low ohm. If all these things are assembled properly, you shouldn’t have any issues.

This link below should help assure you have proper wicking…

1 Like

I’m using the Crown with the RBA deck.

This should cover it.

2 Likes

Thanks! Do you have any idea/suggestion as to how to use a titanium build?

The build in the tutorial is a .5mm Ti build. I’m also using that same build with 22g Ti in my Crown. It’s much better IMO.

I primarily use Ti on a Temp Control Mod around 450-600F. Single coil usually run @ 1-1.5 ohms.

I use a 2.5-3mm ID so I can get a lot of cotton wicking.

1 Like

Thank you for this post. Ive been debating buying this tank, everything ive heard has been great. Now im definitely gonna buy one of these.

1 Like

I apologize in advance because I did not read the whole thread. I own the crown and love it but not sure if I am getting all of what it can offer. I recently purchased the .15 Ni200 coils and tried out TC mode with the Xcube 2. What temperature and or wattage is suggested for this coil and what coil do you suggest?

Personally I don’t use my nickel coil anymore. I prefer to use the .25 stainless steel coil, which you can use in wattage mode or TC mode. In wattage mode I fire anywhere from 50-120 but I usually stay at 60/65…
I’m not sure if this helps you out or not but outside of twisting your own coils this is the stock coil I prefer

1 Like

Same here - Stock coils, only SS :smile: I need to get the RBA-deck…

2 Likes

Ahhh alright looks like I’m going to the shop :smiley:. Yes it did thanks!

2 Likes

I need to learn how to build haha… :anguished:

2 Likes

I have a good cheap site for the crown coils too if you’re interested. Sadly I am running a huge catering event right now, so I wont be able to get you the info for another 4-6 hours but I will if you like.

I believe I payed $7 for 4 .25 coils

2 Likes

Thta’s a good price. Fasttech has 4-packs of Authentic Crown 0.25ohm and Authentic Crown 0.5ohm heads for $9.97

2 Likes

I tried my crown with a 0.5 coil on temp control on my new Koopor mini and it seem to be fine. Is it something I shouldn’t be doing or is it ok?

1 Like

Not at all if you’re happy with it its all that matters I have a couple .5 coil I just personally prefer the .25s is all.

1 Like

No I was wandering if it safe to use the SS coils on temp control mode.

2 Likes

If you set to coefficiency to SS yes, all depends on your mod and Im only familiar with the cube but SS, Ti and Ni are TC coils

2 Likes