CROWN SUBTANK unfrigging real

I am not a big fan of the Ni coils nosw that I have tried them. Definitely switching back to SS. I have the black version and its sexy has hell. Damn if it wasnt for my impatience I could of saved a lot of money :frowning:

2 Likes

I just ordered the black one a minute ago!! Canā€™t wait to get it but my only concern is the finishā€¦do you find it chips, scratches or fades?

3 Likes

Try using pure grain alcohol, its more potent and will clean better. I do to all my coils I sub 0.5, Crown coils, even my wifes 1.5 kanger coils.

3 Likes

It was an inside jokeā€¦ I donā€™t use those coilsā€¦ unless I can get some Ti for cheap.

1 Like

Has anyone had any luck breaking down the stock crown coil and rebuilding it up from scratch?

1 Like

@Pro_Vapes just posted a thread on it
here
:point_down:

1 Like

Yeah stupid me, day late and a dollar shortā€¦ just found and read it. thx @quitter1

2 Likes

Sweet! The finish is great. The only place i have a small spot of wear is the drip tip insert. Youll necer see though.

1 Like

Nice! Iā€™m pretty excited about it! Dual crowns on dual Xcubes! Oh baby :slight_smile:
Thanks! That was my only concern

1 Like

just out of curiosity, has anyone tried the clone version of the crown? I see Fasttech has it for $15.00.

1 Like

Crown single coil? or did you get the new duel coil RBA for the Crown? The TVF4 is duel coil. Of course itā€™s much easier to build a single versus duel coil.
I havenā€™t built the TVF4 yet, so I canā€™t compare. Both are easy, iā€™d think. Itā€™s not rocket science. LOL, I hope Iā€™m not sounding rude. Iā€™d suggest watching a video on Utube. Itā€™s the wire you need to learn about. Practice makes perfect. You will get the feel for it like riding a bike. Make sure you have the tools you need and a tester. And be safe. I used to say I wouldnā€™t go below .5 ohms. But now with Temp control, I go to .2 on my builds. Itā€™s the wire. You just canā€™t (or I canā€™t anyway) fit too many loops (to raise the ohms) in a base without the possiblility of it touching the chimney or something and causing a short. Also, titanium (mine anyway) is so soft, I fear that it will move especially in tanks like the Aromamizer where you expose the coil to add juice. Also thereā€™s the decision to space the wraps or make them touch. ammmm. Lots of choices. Dry burn to test or not. Depends on the wire. Wire is cheap. Be safe and practice. Good luck and have fun.

1 Like

Thanks @Joya but I shoulda explained myself more haha. I know how to twist coils, I just donā€™t. I was wondering which tank was ā€œeasierā€ is all :wink:
I just do not have the time to sit and build my own coils sadlyā€¦with the fact I only have 2 months out of the year that I haveā€¦some whatā€¦to myself, I just canā€™t do it is all. Thanks for your post though!

1 Like

I found that the coil life is dependent on the juice and the wattage, higher watts with higher VG seems to burn out any coil faster, also the juice quality, Iā€™ve had some juices funk up my coils in about a week or so with mysterious build upā€¦

Also I just bought some nichrome 90 wire from Omega, it says 1 inch=.1 ohms, Iā€™ve never built with this wire before, does anyone have any suggestions as to how many wraps and the diameter I should try to build to get .15 or over on a dual coil?

1 Like

I have a suggestion but you probably donā€™t want to hear it.

2 Likes

Iā€™m up for suggestions, shoot

1 Like

Itā€™s 24 ga nichrome 90, I made some claptons using 32 ga. Kanthol, and am currently running them in every RDA I own, the flavor is that good, I think 6 wraps was .13 ohms and ID of 2.5mm

1 Like

If youā€™re using it for better flavor, get some Titanium and get rid of the Nickel wire. Most people here donā€™t use Nickel because of itā€™s bad properties and subpar performance compared to Titanium wire.

3 Likes

i ordered some not too long ago and am still awaiting it in the mail, the nichrome90 is still only compatible in wattage mode even though itā€™s 90% nickel, but am really looking forward to trying this titanium

2 Likes

Steam engine is great for this sort of thing. Hereā€™s a link where Iā€™ve plugged in most of the numbers for you (most importantly Iā€™ve set custom resisitivty), but you may have to tweak a few like leg length or whatever, but this should get you in the ballpark Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

1 Like

I checked it out and thatā€™s my new favorite website! Thanks zigz! I just did a 8 wrap 2.5 mm build and it came out to a .22, tried the 3mm but was a little too big for the RBA deck I was trying it onā€¦

I also built a couple 5whole wraps 2 half wraps 24ga nichrome 90 claptoned with 32 ga. Kanthol in my Velocity RDAā€¦ Flavor is stupid good, and massive cloudsā€¦ Will produce good clouds and flavor at anywhere from 75-120 watts at a whopping .15 watts

1 Like