Cthulhu Mjölnir RDA designed in collaboration with Anthony Vapes Review

Thanks for checking out my review of the Cthulhu Mjölnir RDA designed in collaboration with Anthony Vapes. In the interest of full disclosure I have been friends with Anthony for a long time now, really good and genuine person along with being one hell of a reviewer. I always try my best to be impartial, I don’t work for these vape companies and many have stopped sending me products which I am perfectly fine with. Since this is designed by a friend of mine it makes it tougher but I know Anthony would want me to be as honest as possible which is the only way I would review it.

Specs:

• WIDTH: 24 mm / 0.94 in
  • HEIGHT: 29.3 mm / 1.15 in (without drip tip)
  • Net weight: 60 g / 2.11 oz
  • Gross weight: 88 g / 3.1 oz

Package Contents:

• 1 * Mjölnir RDA(with 810 drip tip)
  • 1 * 510 drip tip
  • 1* 510 drip tip adapter
  • Spare o’ring
  • Hex screw
  • Slotted screw
  • 1* manual

Available in black and Stainless Steel

So Cthulhu…hmmmm, what do we have here

My history with Cthulhu is not great, they come out with nice designs but the quality has always suspect. My favorite product from them in the past was the RTA III, I liked my first one enough that I bought a 2nd. That RTA had it’s problems though, one had the AFC ring that would get stuck and I mean bad, almost thought I was screwed with it stuck closed. The other had such a loose JFC that I would sometimes get dry hits as it would easily spin with just a brush from a finger, I could adjust it with my pinky. Overall the quality sucked but I still enjoyed using it. A lot of their former products just did not have the build quality and that always irks me, from shoddy o’rings or grub screws, there was always something that just made me shelf it or give it away.

I was leary of receiving the Mjölnir RDA, what if it has shit grub screws or o’rings that made you want to get a vice grip to remove the top cap? First thing out of the box I put the Mjölnir RDA on a mod to remove the top cap. Came off easily but has just enough grip that you can pick it up by the RDA when on a mod without fear of the top cap coming off and your mod tumbling to the ground…good so far. The grub screws are also good as well and the include spares, (2) hex and (2) slot grub screws, hex grub screws are already installed as well. After 6 to 8 builds the original grub screws are still in excellent shape…hmmm, Cthulhu looks to be upping their game. Even the o’ring for the 810 holds firm but makes it easy to replace your drip tips and every one I tried fit with no problem including TFV style 810’s with dual o’rings. So far so good.

The machining on the inside is not the best looking but everything fits as it should. The top cap has some nice machining, no visible burs and the grooves on top and knurling on the bottom are well done, they don’t seem to serve a purpose other than style though. I guess you can use the knurling for grip when adjusting the airflow but it is not needed as adjusting the airflow is pretty smooth.

Not as many accessories as you would get from say Geekvape who includes so many extra o’rings you can open up an o’ring store. Still you get what you need along with a 510 drip tip adapter and matching clear 510 drip tip.

The included 810 drip tip is a chubby bastard which reduces the airflow hole to just 7.8mm compared to other 810’s with a 10mm opening. It looks nice but it restricts airflow to much for me, I am an airflow ho so pretty much replaced it after a few minutes.

I am guessing the 510 combo is for MTL users or for those that just want a tighter draw. That is the only thing I can think of as to why it is included rather than another 810. I can get pretty close to the draw of a Kayfun or Zenith MTL tanks but I don’t know why a MTL vaper would buy this, swing and a miss if that is what they were going for. You can get a pretty tasty restricted draw but I don’t personally think it is close enough to a Kayfun to satisfy a MTL’er.

Something different, something borrowed and something blue…oh wait, I think that is for brides? just a new design.

I know I messed up that saying but I am not googling it, I don’t care that much. The design of the Mjölnir RDA is definitely something new, I borrowed some pics from Cthulhu’s website to better illustrate it.

Here are some pics I took of the inner workings:

Now hopefully it is apparent by the pics of how it works…ahhhhh, that was easy. OK, I will add my 2 cents and how it worked for me, jeez, I never get a break.

Very interesting design, the airflow is angled down and of course redirected to the bottom of the coil. It has openings though so you can drip down the top into the airflow and the juice will fall into the bottom well which holds 1.8ml. I tested this with a syringe and loaded up 2ml which I was able to get completely in there but I could see the juice very close to one of the airflows. 1.8ml is pretty spot on then, just depends on your wicking, too much and you lose some juice capacity. You do have to give the juice some time to get down though, drip like a madman and take a hit right away you bound to wind up with a mouth full of juice and possible leaking. If your going to fill it up then give it 10 to 20 seconds to make it’s way down and you will be good.

I do like that the 510 is hybrid safe since I would not even think to use it on my hybrid mechs is it wasn’t,

Builds and performance

I tried a bunch of builds from 4mm internal diameter, 3.5mm and 3mm. Various clapton’s as well from triple to quad and even 6 core fused claptons. Building was pretty easy, definitely one of the quickest to build on.

I love big single coils so this RDA makes me happy. Don’t get me wrong, I am usually a dual coil guy but single coil RDA and RTA’s are getting better every year but I usually pass on any that I have to use small coils.

Of all the builds they all performed well and kicked out flavor but the 4mm ID coils restricted the ariflow too much for this guy. 3.5mm and 3mm were both good, my preference was for that 6 core fused clapton 3.5mm ID, love that combo and ohmed out at 0.18 which is what I like on my mechs.

Flavor is pretty damn good, compared to my favorite single coil flavor RDA, the Asmodus C4, it was pretty close. With some juices I preferred the C4 and others it was the Mjölnir but neither dominated the other which is a good thing, the C4 is an excellent RDA and the Mjölnir held its own.

To squonk of not to squonk…

For the first 10 days or so I used the Mjölnir as a dripper, that never happens as I am a squonkaholic but with the reservoir I was able to get about 35 draws before having to refill. It really brought back my love of mechs which have been neglected lately if they don’t have a squonk bottle.

I begrudgingly installed the squonk pin, love my Dominus 24 mech and was having fun using it again. put it on the Topside and for more mech fun my Ehpro Iguana squonk, love that thing.

The first thing I learned is you have to pay attention, I am use to giving the bottle a squeeze each time I pick up the mod to take a vape. With the big juice well that is a mistake though, if it is full you have about 30 to 35 draws before you have to squonk. Hit that bottle when it is full and your gonna get a leak, where else is the juice gonna go? Admittedly I over squonked about 3 times before my brain kicked in…it was…Oh noooooo and running to get a paper towel. Once I got accustomed to it then no problem other than the having to wait when you run dry, the juice needs to make it up the cotton since it fills from the bottom. I was using the Vandy Vape Pulse X RDA right before getting the Mjölnir, got use to the coils being painted when I squonked. That is a nice feature I wish the Mjölnir had, a feature I wish all squonk RDA’s had as it is easy to get use to.

If the Mjölnir had a system to paint the coils when you squonk I would like it a LOT more. I like a saturated coil and the main reason I really enjoy using the Mjölnir as a dripper over squonking. Once the juice well is full it wicks just fine but let it run dry and you have to wait a bit for the juice to make it up the cotton. You can squonk enough that the juice will make it up the air hole and hit the coil from under. The problem with that though is you risk spilling juice out the airflow holes.

If you pay attention just squonk after 15 draws, this way the well doesn’t run dry and keeps your wicks nice and juicy. It is different but works, you just have to get use to it.

I really enjoyed it on normal mods in dripper mode, not just my mechs but my lower powered mods and single battery, that single coils doesn’t need massive power.

Here is a pic I am sure Anthony would appreciate, the Teal Maestro himself…lol

Pros:

• Great flavor
  • Quality hex grub screws
  • Excellent o’ring tolerances
  • Slot grub screws are included as spares along with spare hex screws, pick you favorite
  • Can take up to 4mm inner diameter coils
  • 1.8ml juice reservoir
  • Easy to build
  • Double chamber works in keeping the top from getting hot

Cons:

• I would have liked a touch more airflow
  • Included 810 drip tip has a 7.8mm opening compared to 10mm for most 810’s
  • Would have liked a 2nd 810 instead of the 510 adapter and drip tip
  • You have to get used to squonking with it due to the reservoir, squonk less often
  • If you let cotton run dry when squonking you have to wait for the juice to make its way back up the cotton as it fills from the bottom

Final thoughts

The design of the Mjölnir RDA is not something we have seen before and it works. It does take a little getting use to since it is different. You have to give the juice time to make its way into the reservoir if dripping and be mindful if the reservoir is full or not if squonking. That said it doesn’t take long to get use to it and while not perfect it is pretty damn good.

I have to give kudos to Cthulhu on upping the build quality as well. In one review I did for them more than a year ago I talked about how the engineering is great but the build quality sucks. They have been getting better and better and my usual complaints about them have all but vanished, I hope it continues and the last few products from them have been a lot better.

Cthulhu and Anthony Vapes did a great job on the Mjölnir and it is not just another cookie cutter RDA. They have produced something unique that actually works and I bet other companies are gonna copy some design aspects. I would love to see a dual coil version of the Mjölnir RDA but 24mm will probably be too small, 28 or 30mm? Cmon Anthony, you know big tanks are the shiznit, we needs it…Woot!

I did receive the Mjölnir RDA free for review but I put up my own money and ordered the black, hey, I got more black mods than SS and I plan on using it after this review. A friend of mine tried it out as well, didn’t tell him who designed it or anything but he is a mech hound and wound up ordering both colors right in front of me on the Aliexpress app for about $22 each, good deal.

You can find out more here: https://www.cthulhumod.com/mjolnir-rda-unique-double-chamber-system/

Check out how this stacks up to other tasty gear and meet the Steampugs team of reviewers. Your bound to have a good time and read up on some great products, not so great ones too http://www.steampugs.co.uk/

10 Likes

Nice review. Always appreciate you using several different mods to give a feel for the size/fit. Weird ass movie, though.

4 Likes

Thanks Phil. Glad you find it useful to have pics on various mods, I know I always appreciate that as well.

3 Likes

As always, a fine review sir :wink::+1: thanks for sharing it :facepunch::ok_hand:

4 Likes

Thank you brother!

4 Likes

**** :+1:****
Thanx for the review and those are some beautiful looking mods! What’s the red one?

4 Likes

Thanks bud!

The red one is the Vapecige Creator DNA75C which was hard to find. They do make the same style in the Creator IM200 which uses there own board, not the DNA75C and the IM250 which is just a variable voltage mod. I got all 3 and they are great mods, my least favorite being the IM200 but I still don’t want to give it up.

Vapecige has a store in the Aliexpress app and they still have the Creator IM250 in stock. These mods hold a 30mm with no overhang as well and dual 18650.

All my Creators still work perfectly but my friend who works construction is having problems with his fire button with his IM250. He loves it though and ordered a second one in case his stops working.

3 Likes

Good to know. I suspected it was a DNA by the button and screen layout. I really like it! Might have to hunt down a Creator now (dammit) :grin:

4 Likes

Yet another great, indepth write up. As stated above, the extra pics really helps to showcase the reviewed piece.

3 Likes

Interesting read Mjag, appreciate the time it took. Do you by any chance remember where the tall 810 dt on the SL picture came from?

2 Likes

Thank you my friend!

@Letitia I borrowed that drip tip from the blue Freemax Mesh Pro :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks mjag

3 Likes

Little late getting around to this one. Trying to catch up. Really good review as always. I get being dropped by manufacturers and it bums me. It just means that we will get more bullshit reviews instead of honest reviews like yours. I just hope you continue to get a comfortable flow of devices to review. On the other hand there are still manufacturers that will watch the reviews and make changes to the devices based on the reviews. I predict those will be the winners in the long run. Regardless, thanks again my human brother!

3 Likes

Thank you my Ogre brother!

2 Likes