Curious about sparkling blood

Has anyone here tried DIYorDie’s Sang Petillant yet? I would’ve bought it if NicRiver had it with my last order… it’s still not available at chefs and besides, it would be a different version.

I’m now vaping a similar flavor profile and I have to say it’s pretty nice

4 Likes

While I’m missing a couple of ingredients, I do have to say that it’s piqued my interest! I’m gonna go ahead and mix this up tonight or tomorrow(With a couple of subs here and there…) and will report back. Thanks for the heads-up!

2 Likes

I was sent a sample bottle by Liquid Barn (I think). I can’t be much help because I absolutely could not stand it. Made me a bit nauseous and I had to clean my tank/wick afterwards to get the flavor out, hehe.

It was a very citrus-y, candy type taste that I don’t do. Candy flavored fruits have never been my thing. I’m not sure what it is it’s supposed to be because I never bothered looking into it, but it tastes of an orange/citrus candy champagne mix, just not in a good way. Obviously this is just all my opinion, people must like it or they wouldn’t sell it…

What you have there ^^ looks pretty good but it is most definitely not what I got out of it :slight_smile: I only vaped it twice, for 1 puff each time. The first time was at about a week steep, the second was about a month out, after I thought it may of leveled out and turned into something… nope.

Not trying to disrespect whomever made it, it’s just not for me at all

3 Likes

That’s all I needed to know, thanks :slight_smile:
This juice is not candy-ish at all, I guess I’ll just stick with this instead. Definitely worth a try.

2 Likes

Which flavors are you missing?
I think you could sub the blood orange with FW if you have it… sweet tangerine is a supporting background note, you could probably swap that one too. Raspberry is a tricky one, only 0.75% but I don’t think I’d change it, especially not for the INW one.
For champagne… I dunno, this is the only one I have so I can’t compare

1 Like

I’m missing the Tangerine and the Raspberry. I was going to use the Raspberry(INW) and just skip the Tangerine, as the closest I’ve got to it is the Blood Orange(FA). How does the FA version of Raspberry differ from INW’s? Just curious, as I’m rather fond of the INW.

1 Like

I can’t vouch for the flavor itself, but I do know it was designed to have zero steep time. He said he wanted people to be able to mix it up and go. I’m guessing one should only mix a small amount that won’t last more than a couple of days.

1 Like

It’s DIY so you can give it a try, don’t know if it’ll be the same though. I’m probably biased because INW Raspberry has ruined a lot of recipes for me while I know it’s a very popular flavor for probably the majority of mixers.
I’m really not good at describing flavors though but I’ll try. Like many other FA fruits, raspberry is a very authentic, little sweet and tart raspberry flavor. INW, to me, has some off notes to it, a chemical taste when I used it in the same % as others use it. It’s very potent and IMO difficult to use to boost some other flavor without it jumping and waving, sticking out of the crowd (if you know what I mean).
The raspberry in this recipe is not noticeable, but that sweet and tartness gives the blood orange that extra kick to really become the key player in the recipe.

The tangerine is just helping the citrus part of the recipe. My guess is that you could use a hint of orange or mandarin (maybe even a not too bitter gratefruit or a 2nd blood orange) as long as it has an authentic citrus flavor. You also don’t want this to steal the show away from the blood orange but use it to round off the whole citrus part of the recipe to make it bolder so it can stand up against the high % of vanilla swirl + vienna cream part.

2 Likes

The recipe you have in the first post (Blood Orange Sorbet Colab) I have made. In fact I believe I left a comment on it a couple of weeks ago. I made it at the published, 11.25% & liked it. I will definitely make it again down the road as well. It was ok as a S&V, but 7 or 8 days later is when it really smoothed out.

3 Likes