Custard Lover ( I think I will marry it )

aahh, The things that can be done with the dark side of the Force. :smiling_imp:

6 Likes

Yeah, if you’ll recall, guns aren’t allowed in the forum! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i forgot to ask where you purchase yours/ I think it was you that said not to get them from they’re own web site because you don’t get what you pay for. I have been getting mine from ECX but they have a limited number.

mine are steeped. With your brilliant idea in hand… I realized the buttery, creamy taste I am getting is the CARAMEL. I know I don’t have any Caramels that taste like that. Of course it could be the mix. Anywho, I am about to start adding caramels. Have you tested yours yet?

1 Like

mine turned out pretty amazing…better than Yetis Craze. at least me and the Queen thought so!

1 Like

I usually shop around… RawFoods usually have some half price.
Amazon has cheaper shipping.

https://www.therawfoodworld.com/search.phtml?kw=medicine+flower&x=28&y=10

I haven’t used this link below yet, but I will on my next purchase.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Medicine+Flower

I do buy directly from MF when I can’t find certain flavors.

3 Likes

Well I just went ahead and grabbed a few from Medicine Flower’s website. They have the Dark Chocolate on sale right now by the way.

Coconut Flavor - 15 mL 74540 1 22.00
Chocolate, Dark Flavor - 74538 1 17.60
15 mL
Chocolate, Light Flavor - 74539 1 22.00
15 mL
Kiwi Flavor: Kiwi Flavor 74554 1 22.00

• 15 mL
    Honey, Wildflower Flavor 74608 1 22.00
  • NEW!: Honey, Wildflower
  • 15 mL
    Honey, Acacia Flavor - hoac15ml 1 22.00
    NEW!: Honey, Acacia -
    15ml
    Subtotal 127.60
    Shipping 8.22
    Total 135.82

Hope I’m not wasting bux on those honey flavors!

3 Likes

Trust me I have ordered from goodearthbeauty.com numerous times and they have been wonderful to deal with. Put in the comments that u wanna try something and they will send u samples. I orderred 2 bottles and she sent me 3 little ones to try out. Its the cheapest website I know when factoring in the coupon code and free shipping.

2 Likes

awesome thank you

are you gonna let me in? Is this the one where you added caramel to haze? or is it your own crace recipe?

1 Like

I know right? I have wasted mine on several honey flaves. I am sure you will let us know.

I’ve read this is where having ‘bases’ made come in handy. Mix your base and have it steeping then when you want to use some you add your other flavors and you’re ready to go. I of course am new to mixing so could be wrong. I believe it was something on DIYORDIE where I saw it.

1 Like

Honey (FA) is very tricky and must be used at low % (like .5%?) or you get that “cat piss” aroma. If you like actual honey be sure to check out @NotCharlesManson’s Honeybee …and I have made a couple adaptations from Honeybee using it as a honey-base and it works every time.

I look forward to future reviews of some of these new honeys!

2 Likes

I used a 120ml bottle of Yeti Haze as my base and added this:
3% FW salted caramel
2% FW caramel candy
1% MF caramel
I tried to stay away from caramels that had that burnt taste…which would ruin the entire batch.
Salted for that awesome taste
Candied for that smooth sweetness
And MF because it fucking rocks!

4 Likes

My strawberry milkshake gets even better with long steep so I started making a flavor base. Then when I’m getting low, I mix up 100 mil. It really does cut down on steeping.

1 Like

Thanks. I have not yet tried FW caramel of any kind. I find I do not like there Flavors. I am willing to try them though.

• I just recently started mixing with MF. I am not sure why it took me so long… Ok it’s because they are so expensive, but I keep hearing about em so I am still waiting for vanilla to steep. and waiting for caramel to get here. I have decided to get one a month.

@BoDarc I just recently heard about Honeybee and am still waiting for it to steep. I will head on over to your recipes and give it a look see.

@Heather6 You are correct

3 Likes

Never heard of that before. Will need to give that a go. I did get one tonight though when I stopped at the vape shop. Drip Wich. They call it a waffle and ice cream sandwich with strawberry syrup. I call it…damn, I’ve tasted this somewhere before! Oh yeah, it tastes a lot like Ethos Crispy Treats - Strawberry. Not that it’s a bad thing, only there’s a striking similarity. But the Drip Wich is better. Only thing is they had just 6mg so I’m choking on it a little :slight_smile:

So that’s where the vanilla is! Dammit man, they were out when I was ordering. Oh well, still got a little left. Amazing how so many of my other vanilla and cream flavors sit since I’ve got onto MF Vanilla.

2 Likes

I found one of the people discussing haze. See good deal thread for a Haze deal @Whiterose0818

2 Likes

I have done the same in glass bottles works good
But most of my custard 4 weeks min

So I have been reading up on Custards a bit… I’m not new to mixing per say but I am just now back into flavor mixing… my one try at a custard was a horrible failure… I think I want to give it another try. I have never had a store bought custard or even a DIY custard so this is completely new territory for me… I am in the flavor testing stage of things trying to do single flavor mixes to get a good base line on flavors and how they taste SA (for the last 2 months now) some are good by themselves and working on a few ADV to get me by while I experiment with some of these long steep recipes. So what is the recomendadtion for getting into custards? I have a little bit of TFA custard left that is over a year old (started flavor mixing then got fed up and frustrated so only vaped my base for like 10 months and now back on the flavor wagon) I also have some CAP v2 custard that I just recently purchased… most of my flavors are in my public stash… do I mix these as a stand alone stick them in the cabinet and forget about them for a month?? I know this is a long hard journey I am embarking on but I want to do it right even if I’m not that patient lol

1 Like