Custard rda and coil selection

It gets easier @Freddie3, you can’t POSSIBLY coil worse than I do…

2 Likes

The trip to the B&M was a waste of gas. They are stocked, but with e-juice and tobbacos hardly any DIY supplies.

I am sure I can do coils very mechanically inclined.

But at least you know how to use these high powered mojo cloud makers. Apparently I’ve been using this RDA completely wrong.

Ive been using 1/10th of the cotton and juice this guy uses below. Ive been burning everything even at 20W I was wondering why anyone would need to go to 100W’s And I thought WTF 200W must be for branding cattle? on the homestead. :rofl:

I didn’t even know it was a juice reservoir. It looks like it’s so messy.

Is this right in the video? Apparently I have a good thing, but yea lame if I dont know how to use it. :open_mouth:

1 Like

@Freddie3 Well you have to put the tails of the wicks down into it, so they’ll wick juice. If you’re burning @ 20w. something’s not right. Can you snap a pic ?

2 Likes

Ohhh, I see more in the vid now. Wrap around the tails then tuck. I don’t have that one, and every tank setup I have the tails drop straight down into the juice wells. Be advised I don’t really RDA much, but RTA, RDTA I do do.

2 Likes

Yes I was only using a small amount of cotton and dripping 1 or 2 drop and burning it all the time. :rofl:

See lame… I guess it its time to get messy. :smile:

2 Likes

Yes it works now TY very much, no burning at all! Need to bigger test batches. :rofl:

2 Likes

Entheon style or Nudge 22. Simple round stainless steel at around.4 to .6 ohms. Most of my DIY juice is custard and cream based. These 2 RDAs have given me incredible flavor.

3 Likes

I like simple roundwire coils or parallel coils for custard, or sometimes a chain link coil if I’m wanting to run a little hotter, I save my Clapton’s for juice with more top notes, seems to bring them out better.

4 Likes

Forgot to mention my 24g round wire Ti build… It took a little bit of time to get good flavor but it got there in the end, Kreed’s Custard was really good in it at around 250-260°C. It was a 3mm id, spaced dual coil around 0.15 ohm IIRC.
The build itself definitely lasts longer than the cotton you put in it. I do prefer a SS fused clapton 2x26g/40g but if you’re not good at coil building, this Ti build is definitely worth looking into. Good TC mod required however!

2 Likes

I have got vv pulse x or dovpo topside. Would it be worth trying the ti build in either of those.

2 Likes

I don’t know any of those RDAs but I don’t see why not.
If you don’t have any Ti wire yet, try and get 22g though… nearly everyone agrees it’s a lot better than a 24g for regular round wire builds.

2 Likes

Thanks for the support man. Yep with the right wicking and figuring out how to switch from VW mode to TC mode its competlety heavenly flavor and vapor forever now. :+1:

2 Likes

They are my squonk mods (although it didnt read like it :man_facepalming:)

2 Likes