Dead Rabbit - no flavor nada...What should I be doing different?

I just got this in the mail today I used prebuild tiger coils cotton bacon and Idk. I’m sure I wicked wrong, positioned coils wrong…i tried 50, 55, 60, 65…no taste! Using regulated mod tpriv ohms 0.25

1 Like

I have a few rabbits and get great flavor from them. My guess is the pre built tiger coils. I tried those once and the ramp up was absurd. looks like you wicked nicely. So the coils would be my guess.

You can also lower the coils a little. They look high to me. Since the airflow on the rabbit channels downward, you may be missing the coils.

6 Likes

I thought they maybe too high. Also should the coils be slanted out or slightly in? I’ve seen both. I’m going to change the coils too. I have prebuilt Clapton. Will that be better you think? All I have on hand, of wire if I make, is kA1 round 26 & 28 awg…thanks in advance for allowing me to leach off your experience and knowledge. Saves me all the f’ups i do first before finally getting it right

2 Likes

Claptons are great. So are simple round wire builds. You will be ok with either and you can try one and then the next after a while to compare. :+1: I have my coils sitting straight up so there’s no risk of them touching etc. Please forgive the well used coils.

7 Likes

Ok WONDERFUL ty

2 Likes

No problem. Let me know how it goes.

1 Like

I will let u know, your pictures helped A LOT

4 Likes

FYI, once you drip or squonk into the RDA, do not lift/pull the barrel off. Juice will leak everywhere since the barrel becomes the juice reserve. You prob noticed already, but just in case.

2 Likes

I went with the premade cuz it’s easer, I put em lower and straight up. Wow what a difference, I got it goin on now! Thanks a bunch :wink:

9 Likes

Awesome :star2: glad to hear it.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Are you using those demon killer coils? I never really got the best flavor out of those… just saying :wink:

I can’t see from the pics you’ve posted, but you should bend your coils a little in the direction of your airflow holes so that the air goes straight onto the coils (and not straight passed them). If your coil placement is right, you should be getting plenty flavor from this RDA.

3 Likes

I had the same problem I had my coils high like you do try to lowering your coils closer to the posts like half as high as they are in the picture worked for me you want the coils below the air slot remember the air flows
downwards on the dead rabbit

5 Likes

I usually build with relatively high legs, but bend the coils towards the airflow holes.

3 Likes

I just got this yesterday so much better then the Dead Rabbit building is way easier flavor and air flow are awesome love it.

5 Likes

I was going to get one myself, but a lot of reviews on it said the dead rabbit was just as good, I have a rabbit and wasn’t impressed with the hype, although I only have had a couple of builds with it, I seen a drop for $16 + shipping yesterday but passed just because I have to stop with the buying. I will probably pick one up sooner or later, what kind of build did you do?

1 Like

where did u see a drop that cheap? I have wanted to give one a try but I am cheap skate and the drop is usually priced at the high end of what I want to spend on an rda.

2 Likes

Cigabuy had them in the us warehouse, using code US40 yesterday, supposed to be shipped in from the U.S. probably out by now though.

2 Likes

Speaking of which I just rebuilt the rabbit, closer to the deck and airflows, better but my favorite for sqounk is still the ouimer wasp. I am using a Vt inbox and just like the single coil for that, it wistles a bit closed down, but the flavor I get is much better. Imo. I build a bit higher for it .35-.40 to get a little better life out of the battery, dual coils and a 75w don’t seem to last long. I guess I need a G box, cause I didn’t like the Kanger dripbox160 battery life was atrocious not to mention temp control sucked, and bottles. I can’t wait to get my hands on a good DNA 250C sqounk that’s priced decently.

1 Like

I got mine at Element Vape $28.00 https://www.elementvape.com/customer/account/login/?enter=true

1 Like