Definitely Don't when DIYing

You’ll get the knack of it soon… Everyone makes less than flavorful mixes in the beginning; don’t be too hard on yourself! :wink:

3 Likes

Don’t decide if you like a recipe just by looking at it always make a test batch first 5,10, or 15ml i’ve looked at a recipe thought looks like an adv for me i’ll make 250ml of that straight off the bat! only to find out it’s just ok or not really my kind of vape

3 Likes

Truer words has never been spoken. I learned too. Sometimes I think I was born with a different set of taste buds… or I’m burnt out. I don’t seem to get enough flavor from some popular recipes… yet I find good flavor with some of my recipes (4-6 flavors) under 8% total flavor.

8 Likes

When I’m making recipes it seems like I don’t break 10% very often… Nothing seems to be lacking on flavors though. Just sent a bunch out on Friday, today they asked if I could come up with a price or deal to keep mixing for them… So they can’t be too bad at 7 and 8%…

3 Likes

Sooo. . .I originally started buying from Kidney Puncher before I even knew that you could make your own coils. Smooth was one of the 40 original flavors that I purchased and I ended up using it in a tobacco clone. . .that I love to this day. Now, I use TPA smooth at 5% in that clone. . .yeah. It has a really subtle flavor and when I bought it KP classified it as a tobacco. I never looked until after I had developed the recipe and needed refills. I even add a few drops of VapeWizard to this mix not, although I don’t believe IT does anything in that amount, at least not against the Smooth.

So, anyway, I guess maybe it looks stupid to have that much in there, but it does change the flavor. I do not dislike it. I don’t see any danger in it, but do any of you guys think I could be wrong on that?

I’ve got 30ml of vape wizard, 20ml of smooth, and 10ml of ObaOba. . .they are all pretty similar, yes?

Don’t quote me on this, I have no idea where I read it, but I believe smooth and vape wizard are basically the same thing. Vape Wizard is actually MTS (Mellow, Thick, Smooth) Vape Wizard. They change flavor perception rather than add anything. They are usually used to round out rough edges on things like tobaccos and, in my case, citruses that make me cough. :wink: They’re also said to increase mouthfeel. Oba Oba on the other hand is actually a flavor described as fruity, citrusy, and bakery.

4 Likes

That’s tracetin. Smooth (TPA) is the same as AAA Magic Mask (FA) - and Flavor Toner/Enhancer (FW) and others like it… They work by altering your taste (acid) perception…

4 Likes

I knew that… LOL. I knew there were two that were the same. :wink:

2 Likes

Vape Wizard is sort of the same I guess - it mellows out a juice as well :slightly_smiling:

I use the VW with certain tobacco mixes that I know are going to have a rough qualities; use it at about 1% or less.

If you like it that way you should use it. F#@# what everybody else thinks or says about it :grinning:

2 Likes

Well Jim, I just took delivery of 2lbs of tobacco leaf. Smoked each one as a 1/10th bowl of my nicest briar pipe…have one hell of a nic buzz ATM. Can’t wait to do some NETs and poll some analog blends. POWERFUL stuff some of them, but the perique is smooth as butter. I want to burn all the stems in some kind of ceremony.

I have been thinking about try MTS VW at 5% like I use it for smooth.

That said, I am vaping the last of my Uncle Fester’s Taint blend and it tastes so good compared to the individual analogs…and I can really smell the analog smoke on me now. I’ll be making the UFT public and starting 120ml of it as soon as my head stops spinning.

FYI, semi-oriental 455 is all the spicy goodness of latakia toned down so that it’s not a crazy punch to the tonsils. It, perique, and the dark fire cured are destined to be a very good analog blend for me. I don’t like light colored tobaccos and confirmed that with the Canadian flue cured.

3 Likes

Very nice! You’re gonna have a blast with those tobaccos making NET juice. Hope the Perique is all you hoped it would be! :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks! I just looked and both of my “go to” tobaccos, which are caramelized in the spirit of Uncle Junk’s John Wayne, contain 5% Smooth. I promise it has its own flavor, but it is very subtle.

I link to Wikipedia below, but Triacetin is a freaking humectant! If I were PG sensitive I would mix up a batch with a quickness! I cannot take max VG…yet. The lack of TH and subdued flavors really gets me below about 30-40% PG. Maybe this could help out the PG challenged! That would be great.

1 Like

(noob alert)
What would be considered a SMOOTH product in a Vanilla Custard DIY.
Ethyl Maltol? Or something else?

Custard IME is a pretty smooth vape.

Which custard are using?

What % did you use of the custard?

How long has it been steeping?

Some folks can’t vape fresh custard mixes.

CMJ

1 Like

My tips for DIY, get one 3ml pipette for each liquid you have, label it with a permanent marker and only use it with the liquid it’s labeled for. Empty it out after each use and store all of them in a coffee cup. It saves you from having to clean between liquid changes. Same thing with your finished juice bottles, label them with the flavors and percentages, if it’s a flavor you like and will be doing again. Or number the bottle and put the same number on the recipe sheet.

The one thing I don’t worry about is replacing the cotton in my RBA when changing between juices.I vape the tank down as far as I can without burning the cotton and then empty out the last few drops from the tank. Add the new juice. The cotton is wicking the juices upwards and the new juice will push all the old juice up to the coil where it gets vaped away. You can taste when it changes over. It is not going to cling to the walls of your chimney and contaminate all your new juice as it passes by. This is supposed to be an enjoyable past time, stop spending so much time with the pure grain alcohol, scrubbing everything.

Keep your nicotine level below 8 mgl if you sub ohm vape. You’ll get a really harsh, burnt taste above that.

Steep new juices in a warm water bath or two or three. Run the sink faucet as hot as it will get, fill a cup, set the bottle down in it so that the water is just below any openings in the bottle and let the water cool down. Shake often. Repeat until it tastes good. Ready to vape in hours, not weeks.

2 Likes

I just started. So far ok, I was just wondering about the term-example of a “smooth” product, so as to know what it was

that is a good idea-im not fond of having to clean syringes out, dry them before using them again.
I have a professional machine to steep but using it for jewellery instead :stuck_out_tongue:
always found “retail” juice was best steeped in my dark cupboard.
i only use 6mg nic. I have 6 x 1 particular RDA from UD made i think in 2013 that I find the flavour great on.
I use one per mix to test out (only done 3 so far)
Yes, hardest part is waiting to steep :frowning:

1 Like

I have a good one - Do not EVER try to dissolve Truvia (Stevia) powder in PG and vape it! It is naaaasty.

4 Likes