Difference between TPA's Sweet Cream and DX Sweet Cream?

Have been using the DX version forever in mixes with and without dik’s. Read a few things about BA laden DX and v2’s increasing the bad IN the other bad, but not sure what I think about that. Had been considering trying out the non DX version, but the tasting notes here don’t really reveal much between the two. When mixing with custards and cremes the DX version actually doesn’t work bad at all. Any SC vs. DX SC heads out there ?

2 Likes

I’ve looked into this a while back and the general consensus is there is no or vrry minimal difference in taste. Of course that is subjective. I’ve only used dx sweet cream and have had enough satisfaction to not feel the need to get non-dx. I have not used it with any v1’s or diketone concentrates so I’m not worried about increasing the bads. If you were to use it with other diketones then it’s probably best to stick with the regular non-dx sweet cream.

2 Likes

Thanks @Kenbu I’m GLAD we can just talk about taste, as that WAS my point of posting. I know that many v2’s, DX’s probably go heavy on the BA, and having never tried the non DX version of TPA’s SC, didn’t know how much better (if at all) the non BA version(s) would taste.

1 Like

I’m sorry I can’t help, never tried TPA sweet cream or/and DX sweet cream, but I can recommend the (VTA) sweet cream :wink: buy all of them and let us know which one you like better lol

1 Like

@estrom LOL…

I am on the other side, I have and use regular sweet cream in many of my receipts and am happy with it, I usually try to steer clear of the DX versions, because I don’t like B.A. I usually can taste it even at low levels, it might just be me but it gives me a off taste like drinking diet soda, succrolose has the same effect. But if it works for you I don’t see any reason not to just use it up. Maybe order a tester of regular and do a side by side and see if you notice, I think I have read also that DX and V2 versions need a bit more time to steep. If you do try let us know what you come up with.

3 Likes

@nicomanteno Already on the way. :slight_smile:

1 Like

after all that you never gave a review of the differences?? so the next guy, like me, will ask that again?

2 Likes

He likes to build suspense.

2 Likes

LOL @themano. Sadly the sweet cream tests got pushed to the bottom of my testing queue.

1 Like