Difficulty dissassembling RTAs

I’m generally an RTA user, but I just purchased a few Royal Hunter RDAs for flavor testing. I like the well enough, but the o-rings on two of them fit so snugly that its nearly impossible to disassemble them for rewicking. Can anyone suggest an easy fix for this? Thank you!

3 Likes

Rub some e-liquid, VG or PG on the rings before assembling, this should keep them smooth for a while and make it easier to pull apart :+1:

Or you could try some lower profile O-rings :thinking:

8 Likes

I can try that, but given my tendency to over-drip, its hard to image there isn’t a lot of ejuice there already. I guess I have nothing to loose by switching them out for the spares. Maybe they’re very slightly thinner. Two of them don’t have this issue, so there must be some variability. The only way I’ve found to get them apart is by pushing the buildbdeck out the bottom with a slightly opened pliers

2 Likes

Check your O-rings aren’t twisted anywhere or have excess rubber in parts, some of mine were like that and swapping them out or shaving them with a razor worked a treat :+1:

4 Likes

As it turns out, removing one of the two o-rings did the trick. I’m a little embarrassed I didn’t think to try that first. Thanks for the suggestions!

4 Likes

I had the same problem with this RDA

I removed the top O-ring, and just left one. Works great now. If you have 2, you could try removing one

3 Likes

lol. nvm just saw your post.

4 Likes

Glad it worked out for you :smile:

2 Likes

I think I have one of those in my vapocalypse box. I’d completely forgotten, because I’ve never used it. But, when I do, I’ll know wahtbto do with snug o-rings.:grinning:

3 Likes

yup, easy peasy. lol.

I only use it for testing new flavors tho

2 Likes

I use a small dab of silicone plumbers grease on my orings. I dont think it contaminates my juice, but YMMV.

3 Likes

I also use a micro dab of same. Cures many ill’s. Found at Home Depot in plumbing section (Danco brand). Small small gray tub blister pack …enough for a lifetime, unless you’re a Plumber :wink: I figure it’s food grade since it’s used in water lines (faucet etc), and since I would also suppose it’s not water soluble (and I use so little) it’s unlikely to find its way into my lungs.

4 Likes

My thinking and experience exactly @BoDarc. . .except I have 5 tubs of the stuff on hand at all times. My house is an orgy of plumbing.

4 Likes

Could also check in under gaskets and seals supply. Parker O-ring use to put out a product call O-ring lub. This lub is made to be compatible with most GPR , neoprene and buna-N/nitrile.

2 Likes