Digiflavor Themis RTA newbie review by Worm

The Digiflavor Themis RTA was generously awarded to me by @Heaven_Gifts for a giveaway here on ELR. The following thoughts expressed here are not clouded since I have it in my possesion until cold dead hands are involved. The tank is currently pre-order there but have found it currently available at other vendors. It is available in both standard 5ml and TPD 2ml versions, both dual coil and mesh and stainless steel or black. It is a 25/27mm tank with a postless deck design with top adjustable airflow and top fill.
I received the standard dual coil in s.s so my thoughts reflect this version only since smaller size chimneys and coil types usually affects performance. The tank arrived in no frills packaging but only after flipping her over that I learned it popped my sample cherry, WOOT!

The box includes the 5ml tank with friction fit 810 drip tip attached, one extra glass, 510 drip tip adapter, nice wide bore 510 tip, the typical “allen” key and a bag of spare o-rings and grubs. I do believe this selection of o-rings is standard issue for digiflavor/geekvape from same supplier since the included small thick fat ones don’t seem to have a home on this tank.

You may have noticed missing here is coils and a few o-rings. Sadly no coils come with the dual coil version but the mesh does come with 3. As for the missing o-rings, excited to get her cleaned thoroughly, I tore the afc o-ring easily since being new it is dry. Initially I would have advised taking her apart cautiously but since this numbnuts also broke the installed glass, we’ll just forget about those 2 spare pieces and never mention this again, ever. I also installed the tanks optional red o-rings while i had it apart.
You access the deck by removing the bottom ring and pulling it out of channels in the chimney by grasping the 510. Installation is reverse but making sure the deck fits in the grooves for the side air flow deflectors and that the bottom silicone o-ring is still sitting in its cozy groove.

This was my first postless deck build but understood the concept so it went easy enough. You may find the air deflectors on the side to be annoying tho. You have to pre cut the leg length on this guy but a lil balancing act of the coil on the deck with the legs hanging down, simply cut even with the o-ring underneath those tiny grub screws. Yes, tiny flat head grubs not the best choice but stood up to my constant turning without good contact since the hole where they are seated is much bigger then the actual screws. I did a few different builds with it but settled into dual 3.5mm ones. One attempt was a single 3.5mm but found it slightly louder, thinking a larger coil might work better but you have to watch your height with the deflector since it has to seat in a groove in the chimney.

Wicking, now this is the part I like most about this tank, also my first top airflow tank. The wicking is very easy since stuffing wicking holes too tight or too loose is not an issue. You simply lay enuff length in the lil cavern so it hangs there, sucking up the juice in that well, thats it. You may have have an issue with small coils and not fluffing enough but thats something you can do with cotton and not hemp. Yes, I said hemp. I really like using hemp in my rdas but struggled using it in my last tanks the Wotofo SMM and Kayfun5. No issues w/ leaking or dry hits with hemp in this guy.
The top fill design has its +/-. The cap is very nice in that a simple 90 degree turn gets her off, no need to push down or worry about threading. The fill ports are large enuff for standard 30’s tip but attempting a yorker type nozzle, you will have to aim your stream, be a sweety and wipe your seaty. The top is totally flat and any misguided juice may end up down the side up the tank. You will also notice condensation sitting here when u go to fill next time. No biggy but a slight slope towards the fill ports or a lip on the outside would be less messy.

The airflow is located at the top and feeds the coils to the sides which keeps it almost leak proof. Of course, laying her on her side she going to flood and leak up the chimney. The afc control ring has slight indents on it but really could use better knurling to get a hold of it. I found sticking you nail in the groove the best method but aggravating after I just had my nails done. This is where the tank can be entertaining or annoying. Wide open this tank is very pleasant in flavor and vapor with DTL. Closing the air down to half, it becomes noisy and just a tad open the sound returns to normal but is very tight. Honestly it doesnt bother me since I like her fully open.
The size is not crazy big for a 5ml but instead of a bubble tank design to keep the height within reason, they started at a 25mm base and at around 6mm up they widened it to 27mm. This is nice since most mods max out around 25 without overhang but my concern with tanks is where I use them is only on a pocket mod. A popular device such as the Pico are nice for that but not if the battery cap gets in the way of the tapered diameter of the tank. I am again happy with this tank since it fits on my Vaptio Wallcrawler of similar Pico 25 size.

Small details worth noting are the top of tank is raised slightly and same diameter of the provided 810 giving low profile 810s a tad extra height.

When using a 810 of different diameter or 510 it wont line up and will be stepped down.

The 510 pin is gold plated with threads that aren’t too long and a pin that protrudes a good amount but still sits flush on the mods that I have.
My final thoughts lean positive and will enjoy using it when rdas arent practical. The flavor is excellent, has nice capacity, 810 drip tip/510 adapter, and the spare parts that u may need, damn it!

Digiflavor Themis RTA Features:
25mm Diameter
5mL Maximum Juice Capacity
Superior Stainless Steel Construction
High-Temp Resistant Silica Glass Reinforcement
Stylish Metal Sleeve
Interchangeable Build Deck
Dual Coil Version - Postless, Quad Terminals Design
Mesh Version - Postless, Dual Terminals Design
Side-Secured via Flathead Slotted Screws
PEEK Insulator
Efficient Wicking System
Top-to-Bottom Airflow System - Leak-Proof Design
Adjustable Dual Exterior Top Airflow
Convenient Threaded Top-Fill Method
810 Delrin Straight Widebore
510 Delrin Straight Widebore
510 Drip Tip Adapter
Adjustable Gold-Plated 510 Contact Pin
Includes:
1 Themis RTA
1 510 Delrin Straight Widebore
1 510 Drip Tip Adapter
1 Allen Key
1 Spare Glass Tube
1 Accessory Bag
3 Mesh Wires - (Available with Mesh Version only)
Instructional Manual
Thank you all for reading my first review, hopefully this will help you determine if this tank is right for you. Please don’t take my word for it and read reviews by others as well since these are only opinions which we know are like…

31 Likes

golden words ??? is that what you were gonna say :slight_smile: great review

3 Likes

Good breakdown and review on the product. Enjoyed it.

2 Likes

Thks @fidalgo_vapes and @TheTinMan. Being my first, it was fun but tough having to describe things at times, Sry for the bad pics, could stand to use a lense for my phone i guess.

2 Likes

Nice work @worm1! :smiley:

1 Like

Great review @worm1

1 Like

Great job @worm1 - very thorough and amusing too! :smiley::ok_hand:

1 Like

Thks all. Since dry technical isnt my personality and @Steampugs :rofl: yet informative ones cant be matched, I tried for somewhere fun in between.

3 Likes

bahaha :wink:đź–’
sweet review man, its a dual coil Zeus essentially, nice, would quite like to try this one, I see they haven’t cured the flush fill hole or the turbulance noise tho, still…well worth a look.
thanks for sharing Worm :ok_hand: great job đź–’:grin:

2 Likes

Someone did mention that it was the dual version of the Zeus, which by the way would drive my brain insane, so i read up and learned that geekvape is sis company of digiflavor.

2 Likes

The mesh version i just got is awesome
Very good flavor clouds are nice
Easy to build just lay cotton in and make sure it is not to tight to choke the juice flow
Only con is the flat head screws on the clamps

2 Likes

I won one of these in a contest too. I really like it. My vape game has leaned heavily towards pre-built coils the last year. This tank for me is a breath of fresh air. Once you get it set up, its really a pleasure to vape. I just threw some spaced stainless coils in it and, away I went. My build is .2Ω and it works good on a stick mod too.

It wont leak, its built solid, the flavor is great.

I’m a Fireluke Mesh user. So I really want the mesh version of this tank. I requested it actually but, beggers can’t be choosers.

Did we just become best freinds!?

1 Like

aye, i knew it was going to be close when i read that it gets wider, very close

GREAT review @worm1. Outstanding details (including the pitfalls) really lends themselves to a quality review.

Love, love, love it !!!

1 Like

Jesse…great first review…you covered every aspect of the tank…you have to start winning more gear to write reviews…the themis is like a big brother to the Zues …it added another coil…keep up the good reviews Jesse i enjoyed reading it…nice job buddy

2 Likes

I like top airflow rta’s . Obs Engine is one of my favorites. You have the engine? If so how do they compare?

1 Like

Well done @worm1 I appreciate your insights as I will be doing a review on the mesh version in the next day or so. Maybe even today if I can get my ass in gear.

This is a really solid piece of metal.

3 Likes

Very nice review @worm1, I enjoyed reading it as this tank is on my radar for sure :+1:

2 Likes

More thanks for the encouragements since i have 2 reviews that i have put off. Now if i won a bottom flow rda or a mech, id have thoughts after only a day but things like tanks take me a bit of time. Sry @redscaddy22, as i mentioned this was my first top airflow tank but i did look at the engine before. I heard great things in the way of flavor on that tank but looking at its design, flooding may still happen w/ trying to wick w/ hemp or using smaller coils.

2 Likes