Diketones, Oils, Sugars, GMO – All-in-one page: FA, TPA, FLV, CAP, FW, LB, etc

I have proposed some ideas regarding incorporating such information on ELR: How can we assist in keeping flavours up to date (and more DAAP details)?.

3 Likes

Never said it before but… I’m NOT concerned with D.A.AP flavors and use them over stuff with Butyric Acid or alternative choices

The sugar and syrups and and of course oils I avoid.

FA Milk flavor is one those those FA also consider not safe, but it’s the #1 milk flavor according to DIYorDIE folks on their NOTED series.

@NikosD
Delosi I use alot. I like using em only cause I havent found one flavor (yet :wink: ) that had any real off-notes even when used higher.

Have not asked Delosi if they have any e-versions of their testing or ingredients.

But their site lists some info if you read the description of flavors. They seem to be going the route of all natural no additives, la-tee-da-da etc etc. and the site is pretty much all about vape products. :partying_face:

They list them like this:

3 Likes

Some more info regarding LA and DIYFS:

LA (LorAnn)

I managed to acquire 3 MSDS (available here) after asking them through e-mail. Initially I asked for way more but the first reply from their representative was that I can access them on the “wholesaler” section on their site. I finally managed to get the three above (Banana Cream, Cream Cheese Icing, Cheesecake) by telling something between a truth and a lie.

Highlights:

1. They do not endorse using their flavours for e-liquids (info here) since their main industry is as it seems aromatotherapy and food. This means that people should be very cautious when using their material for making e-juice (at least I will be).
  2. They are not willing to disclose such information to retailers (which is logical from a point of view based on the above).
  3. Looking at the documents for 3 popular flavours that are usual suspects for super high DAAP contents it seems that they are not worse than other v1 takes: Banana Cream has no mention of AP or Diacetyl, Cheesecake and Cream Cheese Icing have <1% AP. Not sure about Acetoin because a lot of times this doesn’t show up in MSDS documents, only in measurements.

DIYFS (DIY Flavor Shack)

I didn’t manage to get access to the MSDS documents that I wanted (for RY4 and Vanilla). I didn’t like the fact that even though I insisted they practically by-passed declining by just saying that they are preparing/having ready their DAAP-free V2 versions. :rage:

4 Likes

Thanks mate. It seems they finally changed their website; looking great. Hoping to finally get their flavors somewhere in Europe soon. And thx for some more info about LA and DIYFS

3 Likes

Great idea. Me support. And thx for your kind words.

3 Likes

Very nice summary with links to a lot of MSDS documents: https://www.thevaperstable.com/flavour-safety-data-sheet-database/

4 Likes

Also just found out that WF - Wonder Flavours provide all of their MSDS documents in one place, and on their site: https://diy.wf/SDS/

3 Likes

Great summary on one page. Will include it on the main post since easy to find (i have all these links spread around). Thx @NikosD :+1:

2 Likes

Hey Walt, I was wondering why there’s no DAAP info on the site anymore? Also, most resellers had product photos that showed whether each was in that particular flavor, but those seem to be gone.

Is there anywhere I can get info on DAAP info aside from not added?

I’m not anti DAAP at all, but I do try to find out what I’m using, and also, I just wonder!

Thanks a mil for all you do in the DIY community and for being available to us!

:heart:

5 Likes

Hey there! Great question. After a long time and some tweaks, all flavors are now DAAP free.

5 Likes

That. Is. Incredible. You’re saying I don’t have to open six tabs in my browser to look for an SDS or random forum post to find out what’s in my concentrate and just buy the best?!

You just made my whole life! Haha :joy:

So anything available now is DAAP free? Or is there a period where some distributors still have stuff from before the change?

I just want to know if I can go to a vendor like DIY or ECX and get any RF flavor without worrying about research.

You have no idea how much time you’ve saved me or how happy I am! RF has always been my favorite. I’m a fruit addict, and yours are like biting into the real thing! I guess I get the name, now! :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you for the kind words :smile:

I don’t know about all the distributors to be honest. Any lot number after AA46/AA47 will not have DAAP. I would assume they are phasing them out pretty quick.

5 Likes

White Chocolate by FlavorWest (FW) has sucralose.

3 Likes

Any new info on Lorann’s aside from the list you gave when you first posted? I apologize if I’m missing it. Still somewhat new to DIY (almost two years haha) and extreeeeeemely new and terrified of forums and making a fool of myself! :joy:

BTW, I visit this post every time I buy flavors and would be absolutely lost without it. Can I PayPal you a beer? Or a couple bottles of concentrate? :wink:

Just would love to show my appreciation for all you’ve done, IMHO, in the name of transparency. I love that I can just get the info without the debate. Most of the time, anyway! Haha.

You’ve put in a lot of work, continue to do so, and I want you to feel appreciated for it! Anything I can ever do for you- please let me know! :pray::heart:

-Terra

4 Likes

Thx mate. i added the info above.

2 Likes

I’m speechless. Thank you so much for your kindness. :heart::heart: All we ask is a transparency; without it, there is a mistrust (and probably a good reason behind why they are so ignorant to their customers and not transparent).

I will check LA this weekend and hopefully find some new info. Thx Terra.

Update: Sadly, nothing new with LorAnn.

They have stated that they do not use diacetyl but they refuse giving any information whether or not they use Acetyl Propionyl or Acetoin. I found elsewhere that some of their flavors, like Cheesecake, contain AP. (also @NikosD got some info here; thx mate). So if you want to avoid AP/A probably best thing is to look elsewhere for suspect flavors like creams, deserts, caramels, coconut, etc. Fruits are generally AP/A free.

Since talking about LorAnn’s, i would definitely put more attention to avoiding other ingredients in their flavorings which are proven not to be the best for vaping (like oils, artificial coloring, Caprylic Capric).

The most basic info haven’t changed for years (here ); but have in mind that green color does not mean AP/A free.

3 Likes

Update

Amoretti (AMO) added
Simply Flavor (SIM) added

Wonder flavors (WF) confirmed that all their flavors are GMO free

Capella (CAP) moved higher on a transparency table; small improvement

Capella - new improved formulas and new V3 flavors. Quick info about their flavors (including DAAP and new and discontinued flavors in September 2019) is here

A cookie for those who were claiming how much they love diacetyl in VC1: Capella says ‘Diacetyl has never been used in the production of any of our flavors’

Also here are some quick info about new Harvard research about DAAP (from this year)
https://diyordievaping.com/2019/02/04/harvard-daap-study/

3 Likes

Study finds e-cig flavors can damage cardiovascular cells

“These effects varied between the liquids, with the most potent being a cinnamon-flavored product.”

There’s a reason some cinnamon flavors crack plastic tanks. Disposing all my cinnamon flavors. Removing all cinnamon flavors from my recipes.

3 Likes

Being cautious is good, but have you gone deeper than the CNN article? Tossing out a bunch of flavors without reading the study itself, fact checking, looking for critics of the study, etc, could be a knee-jerk reaction.

The study was performed with only 6 e-liquids on cultured cells, likely in a petri dish.

“evidence of toxic effects – including poorer cell survival and signs of increased inflammation – on a type of cardiovascular cell.”

What type?

“As proxy for what might happen in someone’s blood vessels, the researchers observed how these cells responded when in contact with e-liquids as well as fluid from the blood of a small group of participants who had vaped.”

I wonder if they tried this with Apple Sauce sprinkled with Cinnamon! Should we be eating Cinnamon?

I’m just saying that the article would need following up and a deeper dive if I were to make a drastic decision like yours. Only you can moderate you, though, so I’m not saying keep vaping Cinnamon.

6 Likes

There are so many other flavors and combinations to enjoy; why take the risk when there is evidence suggesting an adverse correlation. Keep in mind all these flavors are GRAS (Generally Regarded As Safe) to EAT not BREATHE. Good luck.

4 Likes