Diluting VG

well, just by curiosity…

1. what vf/pg ratio are you using?
  2. are you diluting vg?
    2a) what’s your preferable way to dilute it?
    2b) how much you dilute it ? %?
  3. if you 're diluting it, what’s the reason made you do it?

personally i don’t dilute my juices at all with DW or anything else… just straight 70/30 or 80/20 VG/PG, and just letting them steep… i use pharmaceutical VG and PG (USP/EP), i would like to know how more experienced mixers do it :slight_smile:

thank you very much in advance :slight_smile:

1 Like

Some people just add a certain % of DW depending on the affect they want to achieve for a certain recipe. The best info I’ve seen from someone who does this as a base is from @Maureeenie. She’s made a topic about her process.

6 Likes

it’s an interesting post, thank you :slight_smile:

though as far i understood this is just about max VG juices… still i have been told that other mixers dilute even their juices that contain pg… i just can’t understand why dilute even further a 70/30 or a 80/20 juice with DW or Alcohol or anything else… DW or Alcohol are diluting like 4X times vg more than pg… 10% DW for example plus the flavors will make a juice that is like 30/70 Vg/pg. and this is where i am losing the whole thing…
except people that can’t vape PG, or their wick can’t drain the juice is there any other reason that i can’t figure out?

thank you again very much Mizz :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mostly 80/20 vg/pg

never[quote=“Amorphia, post:1, topic:140739”]
2a) what’s your preferable way to dilute it?
[/quote]

80/20 vg/pg… nothing else.

Zero… as mentioned above.[quote=“Amorphia, post:1, topic:140739”]
3) if you 're diluting it, what’s the reason made you do it?
[/quote]

If I had a tank with a slow juice flow or small juice channels I could see a need to thin vg, but that’s not a issue for me.

2 Likes

thank you very much for your time answering… it’s just a general inquiry…

as said to @Mizzz_Z_Hobbit

that’s the reason i am asking… :slight_smile:

thank you very much again :slight_smile:

2 Likes

One more thought… I know some people like more pg because it’s a better flavor carrier than vg. I know @Kinnikinnick uses more pg to help with his NETs.

@Amy2 and @ringling did some test with DW to see if it smooths out mixes and they encountered some flavor loss.

I personally don’t want any added alcohol to my mixes. So no PGA or Vodka for me.

3 Likes

I believe Maureeenie uses 5%, not 10. You asked for input from experienced mixers but I am only starting to get involved with using distilled water. Some say it adds a smoother texture, some say it add moisture, some would like a thinner liquid without using more PG. The reasons vary widely but I’m sure if you enter Distilled Water into the search function you can find all of the reasons and methods.

5 Likes

thank you very much :slight_smile: i will search even more :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thank you very much sir :slight_smile:

1 Like

I use more VG than PG in my mixes. I do not dilute them. I prefer VG because the hit is less throaty.

2 Likes

thank you for your time Laura :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They have PG because there is some PG in some of the most delicious flavors!

1 Like

I use 94% VG, 5% Distilled Water and 1% Expensive Vodka as my max VG base.

What I will tell you is that it cost a $2.00 airline bottle of vodka and a $1.00 Bottle of Purified Water to see if you like the way it mixes with your recipes. If you don’t like it, you lost $3.00 and I’ve lost a heck of a lot more money buying flavorings that were kind of yucky to me lol

1 Like

thank you so much Maureenie :slight_smile:
i will try it :slight_smile:

1 Like