Disappointed with Lost Vape

Ya! That was it!

Thanks @TheTinMan!

2 Likes

Yeah I also had the same failure on my Triade 250Sā€¦ clearly they need to get their shit together and fix this issue.

Whatā€™s it going to take? Someone dying in a triade started fire that burns a house down?

Unrealā€¦

1 Like

No idea. Maybe theyā€™ll fix the design and just keep it quiet. I have no idea how many are currently in circulation. Maybe theyā€™ll scrap the model if sales are poor. Maybe, maybe, maybe. They have a new line of less expensive devices now. Maybe thatā€™s their direction.

4 Likes

Ok, for those possibly interested in the Triade. The problem is solved. The fire button started sticking again and I took it apart to clean it again. This time I looked a little closer and removed a silicone seal that was placed between the switch and the button. Good design actually. Looking it over I noticed it had orientation.

They installed the damn thing backwards, lol. Flipped it around and it is fine. So, I am going to have to correct myself, the design is fine. The assembly was the problem. That would actually explain a lot. Why some get units that display this problem while others do not.

So there we have it. I canā€™t recommend yea nor nay per purchasing this thing. Just know you might have to take it apart and finish manufacturing it. It isnā€™t a difficult fix. Remove two screws. The seal is mounted on four small pegs and not glued. Reverse the seal and viola.

6 Likes

SUPER TIP there @SmilingOgre.

4 Likes

Thanks for this infoā€¦ I really want a 3 battery DNA250C mod and now that there is a solution I think Iā€™ll give a shotā€¦ THANKS AGAIN MATE!

4 Likes

Good chance you will get one that is assembled correctly, but it truly is not a difficult fix if it isnā€™t. You will need a T5 ā€œstarā€ (probably a better technical term for that somewhere) driver for the two fasteners. Beyond the seal snafu, the unit has been a complete joy. With that 300 watts available, it does a great job in replay of firing up a cold atty giving a warm atty vape. Iā€™m just super happy I found this. I was going to put a small shim on the seal because I assumed (Ya thereā€™s the booboo) that it was glued. When I pulled the seal, there was the raised section that negated the need for a shim. Even with the fire button acting flaky, it has become one of my favorite, maybe favorite, mods.

3 Likes

Doneā€¦

2 Likes

Lol, well, you waste no time my friend! Congratulations!!! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. If you think of it, let me know.

3 Likes

I have the Paranormal DNA250C and loving itā€¦ I was waiting for a 3 Battery 250C mod for the extra battery life. I held out because of the problems with yours. Knowing I can fix it myself is good enuff for me. I have no problem with repairing it if needed. And $126 delivered is a steal IMO. Gearbest has it for $114, but who want to deal with GB and their BSā€¦ not me. Itā€™s shipping from NY so I should get by the end of the week.

1 Like

I noticed the price. That is a great deal! I fully agree with you per gear best. I canā€™t support their business practices to the point that I refused to do reviews for them.

2 Likes

Torx :slight_smile:

3 Likes
3 Likes

Alright!!! Another mystery solved! Love precision drivers.

3 Likes

has anyone ever actually gotten a hold of lost vape. i still have my triade dna200 in pieces in a baggy at home. I live in Toronto Canada and if someone could help get this fixed it would be much appreciated. I really did love this mod thatā€™s the only reason it hasnā€™t hit the garbage yet.

2 Likes

Have you tried contacting Evolv?
Theyā€™re really good about warranting their product: the pcb (as long as itā€™s from a legit vendor/manufacturer).

3 Likes

Evolv is actually lost Vapes warranty center for north America

4 Likes

I will try this thanks guys

3 Likes

i just sent evolv a ticket so weā€™ll see how it goes.

Thanks everyone

4 Likes

Let me know @Scarface78 because I submitted a ticket months ago, for a replacement bottom battery cap, and updated with info requested, but my ticket is just hanging in open status still.

2 Likes