Disappointing so far

Hemp! 10 chars

I didnā€™t know you could find weasels in wood-work!!
I thought those were always beavers or mice!
(nice to see you posting!)

(For those not familiar with the old American saying ā€œLook what crawled out from under the wood-work!ā€)

3 Likes

I have to test my mixes across an RDA, an RDTA and a tank, just to figure out which is going to give the best flavor from a particular mix.
It can be a pain in the butt, but I have all sorts of customers using different builds, mods, and atomisers and they will definitely let me know when itā€™s not up to par :laughing:
I go through the same issue with some of my all time favorites, like the hard to clone ā€œMarrakeshā€. It tastes beyond horrid in an RDA (no matter the kind or build) but put it in my kylin or old herakles sense and it becomes the most awesome flavor.

4 Likes

This sounds like a pro tip for sure. Gonna have to try it. :smile:

3 Likes

I do the same thing. Iā€™ll even put in the notes if I think it is a tank recipe or rda etc.
Not a lot of people get that, but itā€™s so true. :+1:

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about your problem. Since everyone is different, your buds may not be set up for SnV.
The recipes you posted are well rated. I have no use for SnV, so I canā€™t make any suggestions.
One recommendation, may make a difference, would be to let all mixes natural age (with an occasional light shake) for at least 4 weeks. The more recipes I make, the more I have in the hopper to test, the more successful I am. It only takes a 2-5% success rate to line up quite a few dynamite recipes.
With this approach, you will start to know which flavors/sometimes brands work for you.

Iā€™ve returned to this thread for an update just so anyone in future that tries diy for the first time and goes through what i did does not give up. I went for a second order of flavors and once received i made a few new recipes, this time more complex ones. I have found a few that i would consider to be awesome vapes and iā€™m still experimenting with my own recipes too. The best advice i got from this thread was to keep at it, i did and itā€™s paid off i have a few winners so far. Really looking forward to mixing some more. Itā€™s all about finding what works for you. The one thing i would recommend is not to go looking at the top rated recipes and assuming theyā€™re gonna be great for you, The mustard milk for me was the biggest shock, so many great comments but it turns out iā€™m a pepper taster (i left it steep for 3 weeks , tested it 5 times and although it was less peppery it was still all i could taste). Keep at it folks , iā€™m happy i did.

10 Likes

Iā€™m glad to hear it worked out for you in the end :grin:

3 Likes

EXACTLY! Newbs, just keep tasting flavors and mix what you like.

No offense at all to the highly rated recipes (which none of mine will ever be :(, I could not give a shit what a recipe is rated. You like what you like when you like it. Mix what you like and ignore ratings, itā€™s diy, not do it to someone elseā€™s palate. Recipes are just inspiration to me.

And friggin congratulations, you are officially one of us!

6 Likes

And, maybe this is useful too: