Diy e-juice thickness ( need help to fix it )

Hi everyone, i want to asking about very very basic diy e-juice. sorry i’m really new about this.
how do i make thick flavor? are percentages of the total flavor affect the thickness? is nicotine making up the body of the e-juice?

i was tried mixing 3 batch/15ml without nicotine with pg vg 40/60 12%, 30/70 19%, 40/60 17%. I’ve tried all varying degrees of ingredient percentages and after steeping for 3-7 days, they don’t really full flavor taste light and thin, have a tasteless exhale. last batch i got better taste inhale but still thin flavor.
flavor list: banana, banana cream, cheesecake graham crust, french vanilla, sweetener (all TFA)

1 Like

3 to 7 days steep is not long enough especially not for creams. Try a month and see how you like it then.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t even consider sampling a recipe with the flavors you mentioned before a month of aging. I’ve gotten to the point where I wait 2 months for every recipe - but that’s easy because I have many bottles that have aged at least 2 months.

Also:

4 Likes

Ty everyone for helping me. So is not about the percentages.
i’ll going on 4th batch with 20% flav 50/50 3mg
my flav expectations is banana with lil bit cheesecake taste inhale and for exhale its vanilla. is it already correct about my ingredient percentages? correct me please if i’m wrong.
banana 3% banana cream 7% cheesecake graham 6% french vanilla 2% sweetener 2%
will try month steep

1 Like

TPA flavors can tend toward the weaker side in general, but I’d suggest doing as the others have said and letting it sit awhile. Your percents seem okay to me, and the nic/PG/VG %s really shouldn’t affect the flavor all that much. What it sounds like you’re wanting is what we refer to as ‘mouthfeel’. If you have it/can get it, try something like adding some FlavourArt Meringue or marshmallow as both of those will make the juice seem ‘fuller’ when you vape.

Time is both your best friend and your worst enemy. It will do wonders for your juice, but it sucks having to wait. Try something that is less creamy and more fruity while you wait, if that’s something you like, as those tend to take LESS time to mature. Still best after a little time, but less than the months it can take custards to really develop.

Good luck! Don’t give up. Lots of threads on here that can help that I can link you to if you want. Read, read, read, and read some more and then you’ll be a pro in no time. :wink:

9 Likes

Will try adding FA Meringue and bano banana just want trying get real banana flavor. I immediately ordered :joy::joy:
and try making fruity flavor while waiting my creamy steep
thank you so much Jojo. Please post the link i’ll read it.

For everyone sorry for my english is not good :joy:

5 Likes

Here’s a couple to get you started. You can always click the magnifying glass icon next to your little circle icon and do a search. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

As always @JoJo is amazing. Read through the cool threads she linked back to. I would highly recommend those prior to mixing another recpie. They will have every pro answer you need.

7 Likes

to add to all great advises above, i would also check the mixing gear.

when i started mixing few months ago i did all the “new mixer’s sins” - inaccurate measurement of flavor %, not waiting for steeping… etc.

at one point in time i discovered i was adding much more of the flavor than intended (up to 1.7 times) because i didn’t calibrate my measurements. too much flavors had an adverse effect - no flavor or too bad, peppery taste. once i discovered this, my results improved so much and i can actually enjoy some of what i mix :slight_smile: … good luck.

5 Likes

Yeah, i got same info too. over flavor can be no flavor and making bad.
need more learn and read also writing tips that i get about flavoring :grin:

1 Like

It seems most newer mixers start with all TPA flavors and struggle until they diversify their flavor stash with better more concentrated flavors. I’m not saying all TPA is bad, but a lot of them vary from what the flavor should be.

I get a thick more pronounced flavor from more concentrated flavors that’s closer to what the actual flavor should be. There will be a lot less additions to get a flavor to where you want it to be.

4 Likes

I’m kinda new to mixing but i did a lot of research before buying my first flavors and therefore i have flavors from TFA, CAP, FW and Inawera and so far it is working out great. Only problem as i see it is that you never have enough flavors regardless how many you buy :laughing:

5 Likes

I agree started with 10 flavors small bottles at that. Now sporting 40 some flavors and can’t wait to order my next batch

test your recipe every week , just like tatse is subjective , the steeping process is also an opinion a month with any mix should be long enough , yes custard/ creams come through better with time but some mixes actually taste better after two weeks than a month , the truth is its all over the board with these opinions i have read some people like custard right after a mix is done loom at Bust A Nut for instance its got Bavarian Cream and Sweet Cream but its a SnV wayne walker has a handful of recipes with multiple creams that he considers shake and vape or 3 day steeps , if i were you i would make a recipe , then at least once a week try it take notes and see where its best IN YOUR OPINION making ejuice is so unique because there is no right or wrong , i think its funny that all of a sudden people are coming up with 2 month steep times because they read someone else doing i have let juice go long after a month because i forgot about the juice and it was no better than it was after trying it after a month , but again its all opinion

4 Likes