DIY Flavor Shack (DIYFS) Flavor Tasting Notes

Yes on 1 or 2 they give info, and the wrong info imo, lol, but the majority I couldn’t find a recommended usage %…

6 Likes

For holy vanilla I would use anything from 1.5 to 2.5% in recipes (close to the concentration of shisha vanilla but different flavor profile), as for standalone IHDK? I do know that they sell it mixed up there but as to what % I guess you’d have to just use trial an error…
I mean if you were a vanilla junkie and “had” to know I’d just ask Dawn she’d likely tell you…
…and yes “unknown” is a better way of saying it, though here in Vegas their far from either LoL !!! :wink:

4 Likes

@Beaufort_Batches Very,Very nice reviews! Thank you for the time to do them. Much appreciated and most helpful !

5 Likes

Yes, I don’t understand why their recommendations are so high. If I mixed any of them at 15% that I have tested then I wouldn’t be able to either vape it for being overly strong or taste it at all for over flavor mute.

5 Likes

Awesome job @Beaufort_Batches! :+1: Now to find a UK seller who’ll stock that butter cake. And Pound Cake. And peanut butter :laughing::yum:

5 Likes

Good luck, the holy vanilla is available on view about as often as hayleys comet

6 Likes

The company is currently out of pound cake but Dawn said birthday cake is a good replacement

4 Likes

I was just looking over my diyfs pretzel recipes. I mixed these recipes almost 2 years ago. The reason I am pointing this out is because my mixing style has changed a lot in 2 years and so has the equipment I use daily. For a while the pretzel flavor was unavailable. I want to say at least 6 months or so. They were reformulating it because I think they sold the original flavor to someone. At least that’s what I think I remember getting an email about.

Pretzel
Preferred to mix at 5% in a mix. As a standalone I wrote down 9%. At the time I’m going to guess I was probably using a kanger mini tank under 30 watts. This is a rather weaker flavor but it is spot on to a bag of pretzels. I don’t get much salt from it. It reminds me of rold gold pretzels from frito lay. The 5% worked great in a white chocolate candy cane coated pretzel flavor. I remember vaping a whole lot of this and thinking how good it was. I also played with a salted caramel yogurt coated pretzel. I didn’t work on it too much and I don’t remember how it turned out. One time I mixed fw yogurt too high and let it steep. Then I vaped it and almost puked bc it tasted like rotten milk or something. Bad mistake! Now it’s really hard for me to vape yogurt :frowning:

7 Likes

@Beaufort_Batches. Thank you very much for taking the time out of your day to write your experiences with the DIYFS flavor concentrates. It is not an easy undertaking. I appreciate this thread you created and the hard work you put into making such clear and educational notes. - Much respect :+1:t5:

6 Likes

Invaluable info there BB ! I actually own zero , zip , nada DIYFS flavors , Yup none always wanted to get the most populars but in the process would get swayed in another direction.

6 Likes

Dawn is very creative with her flavors!

3 Likes

Holy Vanilla 10% with FA Vienna Cream at 2%…Steep minimum 3 weeks (4 is better)…Vape MTL in a Goblin Mini V-3 RTA… Unbelievable… :slight_smile: Their fruits are unique and I mix at a bit higher percentages and have them steeping now… Have a CAP Vanilla Custard V-2 at 12% with Holy Vanilla @ 6% and FA Vienna Cream at 1.5% steeping now…At 6 weeks it is a wonderfully blossomed vape… The Holy Vanilla is indeed a great mixing flavor and very flexible in %s, depending on how bold one likes their flavor…and the Holy Vanilla takes my mixing to a whole nother level…It also blends well with INW Vanilla Shisha to give a really interesting Vanilla combination…

7 Likes

I just mixed this up a few days ago and so far so good! The pretzel is kind of there in the back ground. It’s not real strong.

white chocolate pretzel candy cane : http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/1880451/white+chocolate+pretzel+candy+cane

0.50% Bourbon (Vanilla Bourbon) (FA)
2.00% Candy Cane (FW)
0.50% Caramel (FA)
0.50% Chocolate (FA)
0.25% Cocoa (FA)
3.00% DFS Pretzel
0.05% icecold
0.50% Marshmallow (FA)
1.00% Vienna Cream (FA)
2.00% White Chocolate (FW)
0.50% White Chocolate (MF)

Flavor total: 10.8%
Remember to rate it at: http://tjek.nu/r/f291

8 Likes

This looks great JJL. The Pretzel (DFS); is it not a dominate pretzel flavor in general, or is it submissive due to the other flavors in the mix?

P.S - The links show your recipe as “Private”

4 Likes

To me its a pretty weak pretzel flavoring. It seems like you have to kind of use it a bit higher even as a stand alone. I thought about using it higher in my recipe but so far it seems like it is pretty much working out.

5 Likes

I think I used 5% in mine if I remember and added a touch of tfa toasted almond to help bring it forward. Shit. I’ll have to look

3 Likes

Good to know. Thank you. :thinking:

3 Likes

because of your thread @Beaufort_Batches, i just had to mess with some of the DIYFS flavors i have. i havent messed with them much because i never know how much to use, im lazy, sometimes dont know where to use them so i experimented a bit and came up with this. it really does taste yummy. i could not wait 20-30 days to try it so i tried it anyway after 10 hours and its mmmmgood

Butterscotch Cake

Ingredient %
Birthday Cake DIY Flavor Shack 2.00
Butterscotch Flavor Revolution 1.00
Frosting (Flavorah) 0.70
gooey butter cake DIY flavor shack 1.00
Joy (FA) 0.50
Simply Cake (Purilum) 3.00
Vanilla Cake (Bickford) 1.00
Vanilla Overload (Gremlin) 0.20
Vienna Cream (FA) 0.30

Flavor total: 9.7%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
10 Likes

Keep us posted on how this ages, if it manages to. :laughing: :wink:

I know how that first test batch goes (when the 1 week sample is really promising)…It’s another of the reasons I have been delayed in some aspects. chuckles I end up having to make a second (and even sometimes a third) batch just to get to the full 1 month (or more) steep mark. :zipper_mouth_face:

5 Likes

It’s not gonna make it to the 30 day mark. I’m getting a rich buttery cake, a smear of frosting and butterscotch finish. I vaped this after brushing my teeth and it tasted like a cardboard box. Tastes really good after supper though.

7 Likes