DIY Flavor Shack (DIYFS) Flavor Tasting Notes

Do you by chance have RF SC chocolate chip cookie? I think this flavor fits your desired profile better…

2 Likes

i dont but if i cant get a good result from single flavors I may give it a try … i know its a SF but i consider things like Lemon Meringue , or strawberry milkshake a complex single flavor and things like FA cookie a simple single flavor lol , so i do like to try with simple single flavors first

3 Likes

I finally took the plunge and got a few of the great ones off the list I’m excited to be excited about mixing ! Thanks for your time and tasting notes !

9 Likes

nice notes. Amazing how you can taste all that. Nicely done.

3 Likes

i know right…

2 Likes

Same here …

2 Likes

I have been making an effort to better review/describe my perception and testing of flavors more often and in more depth as a way of giving back. I have always appreciated @MysticRose @SessionDrummer and many others for sharing valuable information

P.S the flavor review may seem long winded and overly descriptive but i believe many of the DIYFS flavors are more along lines of a “one shot” concentrate and the cookie is complex with at least three distinct notes (to my taste anyhow)

6 Likes

I second that!! As a newer DIYer many of the notes and descriptions in the flavor list as well as the ones attached to recipes are invaluable to new folks!!
Can’t tell you how many recipes I have looked at and do to the particular flavorings used is really hard to tell what the posters intent was! I am sure as I learn more it will become a bit clearer!!
So to those that take the time, Can’t tell you how much its appreciated!!

6 Likes

Thanks @mixologist13. I agree that many of their flavors do seem like one shots.

3 Likes

Thanks also @atssec97

3 Likes

Just found this thread & wanted to say thanks to OP & everyone’s notes on DIY Flavor Shack flavorings. It would be nice if the site would post mixing %’s on each flavor.

I won a $25 credit & am definitely getting Holy Vanilla, Birthday Cake, Gooey Butter Cake & Poundcake. Perhaps Cookie too. Any other must haves ? TIA

2 Likes

Pretzel! 10char

2 Likes

Hi. Wanted to let everyone know that the prices for diy concentrates have gone down considerably. Flavors (except for their new AR line are $5.50 for 30ml. This is their default price and minimum quantity. For another $3.00 you get 2oz. I think this is a pretty recent change although I’ve seen these prices for at least 2 months. Also, their customer service is top notch. It feels personal and they are very understanding. It sounds like they want our business. Just placed an order yesterday. It cost me $8.50 for 2oz (60ml) of holy vanilla, $5.50 for 1oz of Butter Cream (frosting), 1oz of sweetener called Sweetness (hoping it’s close to Capellas Super Sweet) for $2.45 as well as 1oz. of Ethyl Malitol for $2.25. Don’t forget to use the coupon on the recipe resource page for a 20pct off (ECF20) for an overall really great buy. I’m giddy over the price change. :grin:

11 Likes

Thank you @Sigally.

1 Like

I went to diyflavorshack web page and not one of these flavors is there… I don’t understand

2 Likes

@Dan_the_Man The site navigation leaves a bit to be desired. Most times searching is the fastest.

3 Likes

I didn’t know either that they were a flavoring type’ish company and it is a little hard with no descriptions of what line of flavors is what. Until I saw a video interview on DIYorDIE. I guess they are the originators of Holy Vanilla and the AR line is a concentrated flavor line. Will have to check em out now. That cookie sounds like something I’d get also. :slight_smile:

I had them confused with another company that sounded like them, cause it was hard to find stuff for me also. DIY Vapor Shack or something? lol

3 Likes

The crazy thing is… I did type it into the search engine like this " holy vanilla " and got nothing. I gotta say that I was so annoyed that I decided I wouldn’t buy one single thing from them.

Oh well, I can be a d!ck sometimes.

I did however, order some concentrates from Chefs Flavours and am looking forward to getting that package.

Thanks for the response bro.

2 Likes

Hehe, same here @Dan_the_Man, the navigation/searching can be mad making. Glad their thing isn’t website design, hehe. Most of my luck is under the DIY Flavoring area.

1 Like

LOL, because I WAS able to search for Holy Vanilla, BUT, now the COOKIE doesn’t show up ??

http://www.diyflavorshack.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=cookie&Submit=GO

But yet it does exist !!!

2 Likes