DIY - No flavor/taste after a couple of puffs

I don’t really have a lot of friends that vape. Selling e-cigs/vapes and e-liquid is not allowed around here, so it’s not that easy. Anyway, gonna ask the smoker ones to try it and leave their feedback.

1. Waiting for the sample to steep and definitely gonna test it.

2. The breathing process was done two timesfor about 5 min in the first two days, don’t think it’s the problem.

3. Couldn’t agree more, but I tried the recipe several times before making this village-supply, haha.

2 Likes

I don’t know if adding or diluting will work as i dont have the mix in front of me- I will say that I regularly make 1- 2 lt mixes. A mix that i would normally steep for a month as a 100ml mix can take nearly double that in a 1 lt mix. Adding to the fact that shaking a mix is not as good as the mixer i use to make large batches I would suggest that your 7 lt mix may not have been mixed properly (as in fully homogenised).

I would get a paint stirrer and mix the hell out of it. Then cut off a small amount and steep it seperate from the large batch.

Sorry I can’t help you with the exactly what is wrong you will have to do a few things and compare the results to try an nail it down

2 Likes

To reset ur taste buds, vape something mint for a day or to. Or get the mint candy. It helped me get rid of vaper’s tongue.

1 Like

Don’t feel stupid. It’s called learning. Well all have done and will do things that may be a bit abnormal.

2 Likes

You’re in a situation that many are not - you have to import supplies and in large quantity to make shipping worth it. Can’t just go to the vape shop if you run out of juice. That’s kinda anxiety- provoking…

Don’t feel stupid. I made altogether too much my first few bottles too. I suspect we all do… Maybe not 7 L worth, but its not like you didnt try it many times first.

Here’s what I would do ( and I’m a somewhat newb too, so take this with a grain of salt): I’d seperate the entire 7 L into smaller bottles. You probably don’t have enough bottles, but do your best, recycle old juice bottles, medicine bottles, glass soda bottles etc. Then I’d mix them daily, or rotating if too many. I think it’s harder to mix 20 bottles - in a way - but in another way easier to get them to actually mix. Keep very good notes on your experiments you have going on… Write down everything you add or dilute & label everything.

Id take a bet that it’s overflavored (for a dripper) and that’s muting it a bit, along with serious vapor’s tongue. That’s a lot of vaping the same juice, your tongue is going to get used to it.

Why not eat some of those delicious Brazilian fruits that are tart, like the tart passionfruit, cherimoya, or guava…in between vaping, shock your taste buds. That should do it! I don’t know if you can get Pepsodent there, but I read it helps vapor’s tongue so I started brushing my teeth with it and haven’t had a case of V’sT since. And I got it very often before.

Good luck and update, let us know how it turns out!

2 Likes

Like others have said, vapor’s tongue is the most likely culprit… this happens easily with heavily flavored e-liquids. Again I urge you to read through all the new mixers’ guides in the beginners forums. There are whole topics (and many) dedicated to people like you, who are mixing highly rated recipes and can’t taste anything for different reasons.
Make sure you have a couple more recipes in your rotation, recipes with less flavoring and completely different flavor profiles too. The best recipes I make are generally at or below 10% flavoring and I rarely get bad vapors tongue anymore.
There are a few tricks to get over your vapor’s tongue, but the easiest is just avoiding the flavors you’ve been vaping so much of lately.

1 Like

Not saying that’s the case here, have not looked at the recipe, but most highly rated recipes or that contain the name milk in the title are highly based on strawberry. That is one fruit if not supported by a booster of any kind will fade rather quickly, or at least in my opinion/experience. Sometimes when I plan on using for example TPA strawberry without ripe, I’ll either add a hint of a boosting fruit to carry it through longer steeps, or use a VG based strawberry that takes already longer to steep by itself, or add it after the mix steeped for a week or two and let it sit another 3 days, or pick a fully different one.

I’m not sure how that would apply to your 7l but maybe something to consider, as well as lowering creams that are notorious of muting flavors right from the start or after a long steep aka Vienna or Bavarian cream for example, if that recipe lists it.

1 Like

Here is what I do daily for vapor’s tongue…drink coffee. I’m sure you have access to coffee by you, that or tea, heck even a lemon lime soda will help cut vapor’s tongue to a minimum. I agree with making that much (7 L) of 1 particular flavor you are gonna wind up with some amount of vapor’s tongue just the nature of the beast. Also, in my experiments airing never did a bit of good, I shook the hell outta all my bottles all 2 or 3 maybe 4, but they were all different flavors too. Also, I liked the suggestion and true it may be difficult for you but do take and move that juice into 100-120 ml bottles or even half liter bottles if you have them. I have 8 oz bottles that have the measurements on the sides of the bottle I like very, very heavy VG juices so mine will 90/10 if I van do pure VG with only the PG in the flavorings I will do that I have a sensitivity to PG though it isn’t as bad now as it used to be. Best of luck on your journey, hope you get it all straightened out soon!

1 Like

have you tried making a new much smaller batch same ratios to see if it happens again? and see how it steeps? straw ripe is known to cause muting because its really high in maltol maybe tweak your % a bit lower. There’s always a way to recycle failed recipes so don’t throw it out.
it’s either muting, not mixed or vapors tongue or something happened during the big batch.

I wouldnt be surprised if strawberry ripe is your problem, you could take a sample of your batch dilute it 50% re add everything except for strawberry see if the flavour comes back. also I highly recommend you dont steep straw-ripe just add it into your 120ml batches before your vape or something. it dosen’t steep well.