DIY: Spare Atomizer/ RDA holder

I totally took page from @MisterSinner’s book and started keeping my atties in Rx bottles (that I had to get from a friend because like @Sprkslfly I’m not the biggest fan of Drs… Except for @DrChud … He’s cool. :wink: ) but I really like the idea of flipping the bottle and putting the hole in the cap! So smart!

6 Likes

That kind of bottle doesn’t exist over here in europe, at least not in any of the countries i lived in.
Can someone save up on those bottles and send over to us europeans?

4 Likes

Since the TPD my local store started selling their liquid bottles in funny plastic tubes/cases. I had one here but can’t find it at the moment. (and I only buy flavours anymore, so I most likely won’t get more)

These are pretty perfect for storing atomizers too! I have no clue if all stores everywhere do that, but might be worth to keep your eyes open :slight_smile:

1 Like

I get mine from Amazon. If you don’t want to wait to stock up:

8 Likes

I am a certified nut case, papers and everything! Saving bottles wont be a problem! Woo hoo!

4 Likes

I did something similar with a toque tin - doesn’t have the cap function tho. Might have to buy some rx bottles for this tho, capping it that way is cool, freaking dog hair >.>

4 Likes

@Saxon2 Randy this is a great idea. I’ve been using empty pill bottles for a while now for battery storage and putting attys in that I want to use later which already have juice in them. Haven’t done the lid-drlling part, but still…cool. :thumbsup:

5 Likes

If your wanting to utilize the cover part, you have to make sure the bottles you buy have child resistant/reversible lids.
They look like this

Otherwise you won’t be able to screw the bottle over the top of the atty

4 Likes

Back in the days of the innokin MVP mods, you would get a 510 adapter for those old clearo tanks. I had three of them and mounted them onto an empty and cleaned jars of hair putty. Now I can use it as a build stand and store a coiled length of cotton inside of it.

10 Likes

I think I can get them cheaper from this guy that hangs out in the park…

5 Likes

PS: What’s a spare atomizer? :rofl:

1 Like

Genius!!!

2 Likes

Thanks!
The height comes in handy when using the geekvape tri-wrench thing as it sometimes doesn’t spin all the way around on other build stands.

2 Likes

I’ve been using pill bottles for carrying my RTA’s for a couple of years now. I’ve never thought to drill a hole in the lid though! I started doing it when we took a trip to Nicaragua and I needed something to cart my atty’s on the airplane that would protect them while in my carry-on baggage and would contain any liquid that might leak while at altitude(TIP: Flipping your tank upside-down doesn’t work. Empty those tanks before takeoff!)

3 Likes

You can also make a quickie atty stand with an old glass bottle dropper. Take the cap, remove the dropper and rubber bulb, insert the rubber bulb inside the cap and then cut the excess rubber bulb off so that the cap sits flush on a flat surface. Then insert the 510 of your spare atomizer in the now-flipped bulb on the top of the cap. TA-DA! Free atomizer stand!

2 Likes

I have been wanting to share this for a while but kept forgetting till i recalled while browsing $1 deals. The links are merely for better explanation/description of parts and average pricing. I haven’t used the vendor and honestly not sure if the are ELR approved at time of the post. The parts I stumbled upon to make my holders were used in my ego days, selective hoarding pay off.

Pretty much self explanatory but the threads for the coils of lil clearos are 510 size so simply pop the guy in the silicone holder and screw your atty on. I use them to rebuild and display atties since i am always fiddling w/ diff ones.They stick nicely to the desk so your atty isn’t moving around when rebuilding.
As I am typing this, I am thinking of a combination between @Saxonn pill idea and the silicone holder to get the best of both worlds. I hope I could help anyone who likes this idea as I do w/ his w/ long term storage.

3 Likes

Holy crap.
Nice.
What’s that thing holding your tall 30 ml tube bottles? Let me guess… For test tubes?

2 Likes

Wow, I love all these ideas.
This is such a great site.
Time to donate again methinks, once I’m back at work.
I’m between baseball seasons (minor league).
Thanks everyone!

3 Likes

I picked that up a few years back from fasttech. They have tons of stands/displays.

For ex.

3 Likes

Well ain’t that something?
Thanks so much.
This place where we meet is priceless to me.

3 Likes