DNA 200 problems

darn if i know the mod was on charge took it off was filling my RTA up with juice all hell broke loose it was still in sleep mode so yes something shorted all I know for sure I had one board fail before starting to play with SS and sp3 update since then this is my 5 th and 2 out of 4 mods have been the ones given me a headache I was running a .14 ss 120 pre heat temperature Domino 510 degrees Fahrenheit now I am using .23 kanthal 3.42 volts 50 watts 14 amps so I do not destroy another board for the first time the whole mod is getting sent to evolv see what they find I am beginning to think 35 amps is to much draw even though it’s rated for 50

2 Likes

Appreciate you getting back with us on this. And I also forgot to say “sorry for your loss” in my last post. (meant to edit that in, but got sidetracked)

It definitely strikes me as an odd failure. I’ll be curious to see what develops. Please do let us know what Evolv has to say on things (if they comment).

1 Like

Well Evolvl gave me a real fast turn around under a week but I don’t know if it’s my perfectionism or what .one mod can not even be used the way it came back. Now in all fairness the mods where disassembled when they were shipped back i did cut the wires on the failed board so one look would show how they go on . I do not wight so good so I attended this link anybody wishing to look at it and give feedback I appreciate it https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=347808752223018&id=115251002145462

Unfortunately, I can’t view the video as I don’t have a FB account, but I did see your comment below it.

You should probably give them a call to see what can be worked out.

I wouldn’t recommend sending a box of parts to them though. They simply manufacture the pcb. Other companies manufacture the mods (that contain the pcb), so you can’t really expect them to have (or stock parts) for all the different vendors and variations.

With that said though, and if I read you right, I’m kind of “a similar mind” as you in that, if I received a bunch of misc. crap from a customer, the first thing I’d do is go find a Ziploc bag (or whatever was warranted within reason) to toss it all in. Then label the same bag of shit with the work order number. But that’s just me.

I’ve worked with places before that tell folks (either up front, or in the fine print) that anything extra that’s brought in, is not a liability of the company.

If not stated, it’s always a good idea to ask first “what’s needed?” when shipping something back to the service center.

I wish you luck though! Hopefully they are able to help out with that aspect of your situation!

Very glad to hear about the quick turn around though! =)

1 Like

Well the spare parts not too concerned over at all .the parts left out diffrent story after both mods giving me problems all this time never had a atty screwed into them for testing far as a phone call been asking for one since July here is a pic you can see. The routing of the wires that i show in the viado raise the lipo not leaving room for the spacer top side around 510 and try to install atty hits battery hard

1 Like

hard to see first two have spacer same pic both of the mods i recived back from evolv spacers missing

1 Like

I am just going to redo them and accept the fact that’s sometimes a board last and sometimes it won’t same design

1 Like

Well got the Opus DNA 200 back together as I wine I do not want to leave the wrong impression .I set out to get a mod made in the USA I wanted a mod I could get parts for .every time evolve releases new update its like getting a new mod .and there warranty is second to none so thank you Brandon John

James Nick and all of the others who work at evolv I have gotten to know Roger at Opus great person Phil from taste my juice did a nice interview showing were the boards are made at their facilities in Ohio and I like my Opus DNA 200 so I am already looking at sliding a DNA250 Board in to my polished Opus 2 amp changing would be sweet I know my friend will be glade to get his black Opus back his original bought in January is past do for new battery pack

1 Like