Do any of you adjust total flavor percentage based on coil type, watt, dripper or subtank

I usually mix at 10 to 12 % total flavor and that works mostly. but I often get flavor fatigue, and have to stay of my favorite recipes for at least 7 days before I can taste the nuances again.

my favorite setup is goon 24 with one single staggered famed staple coil at around 50 watt. and my favorite liquids are custards.

I assume that many of the popular recipes on E.L.R is made for very different setups

2 Likes

This is an interesting question as no matter what setup I am using, premium store bought juices have very consistent taste…

I think the biggest factor though, is PG/VG ratio.

I go the opposite direction. When I find a atty that makes a flavor shine I marry the two.

1 Like

You do get diff tastes w/ diff gear and diff watts, can be fun to fiddle w/ wattage as u go and mechs change as the battery depletes.

1 Like

Juice flavor percentages can certainly and probably should be adjusted based on the type of vaping you’re doing…just like nic. For example if you’re vaping 12mg on a little tootie toot like the Aspire Nautilus running at 20 watts, you probably need to drop at least to 6mg on a subohm running 100 watts. Yes? The reason is with the hotter vape and more airflow, you’re getting more of everything per puff (PG,VG, Nic AND flavors). So the smaller, cooler vaping equipment generally benefits from higher flavor%. Make sense?

When I first started mixing I had the notion that all my mixes needed to be 20-25% flavor. Back then that probably wasn’t a bad general rule. However, with modern flavors, any target total flavor percentage is purely arbitrary, and I would advise not to ever approach mixing with total flavor percentage as a goal. Depending on flavors use, you could have 2% or 25% total flavor. I’d let my recipe land where it lands in terms of total flavor. But that’s just me :wink:

10 Likes

I don’t.
I have however noticed that some mixes taste very different on different temperatures, different atomizer and different builds, e.g. on some you can really taste the high notes and on other the darker notes dominate. But rather that adjusting the mix for different setups, I just make a mental note of what taste better on what, an use it accordingly.

2 Likes

all of this makes sense and is more or less what I`m thinking also. I notice that fruit mixes usually does better on simpler coils and lower watt. and I have been lowering total flavor % with good results in some mixes simply because the flavor overwhelms my taste buds. But I will try to do some at half of the total % just to see if I can keep vaping them for longer without flavor fatigue.

this is my favorite at the moment by the way: http://tjek.nu/r/f462 a strawberry caramel custard.

1 Like

I’ve wrapped a new coil to better suit a mix. I generally use tri core fc for drivers, but am learning a simpler coil works better with unsweetened citrus mixes.

2 Likes

Absolutely. I vape in the mid ohm range/cool coil vape. 4-9 % mixes often get ramped up to where the increased percentages let flavors comes through. Here it helps to define (main,secondary etc.) which flavor to increase and others meant to complement/enhance.

2 Likes

I vape 8 mg nic so I usually bump up the total % by 1% higher

1 Like

Now I have a question. I start out with a flavor in my mind that I would like to vape. I put together a concoction in a 15ml vile and vape it on one of my rigs. Then if it has potential, I change things until I find something I want more of. I then make a large batch and viola, done deal. Why would I adjust things beyond that? If I made a flavor for each atty I own I would have just under a hundred of each flavor. Doesn’t make sense to me. Now I may decide I want a juice that I have made for my standard fog machines in tottle puff format, in which case it’s back to 15ml batches of 50/50 until it is right. But that is about it.

2 Likes

What works for me: Moderate amount of total percentage mix -----------> Great for standard to high ohm builds.
Low amount of total percentage mix ------------------> Great for low to ultra low ohm builds.

2 Likes

I tend to adjust the watts to suit the juice that I’m vaping. Most of my fave juices taste better on the cooler side, but others really need the extra heat to bring out the notes that I enjoy.

1 Like