Do Hugsvape ignore their customers?

Around the middle of August I purchased a Hugsvape lotus from Fasttech, it arrived on August 22, and of course, i wanted to use it straight away.

I washed it, wicked it up, and after two puffs, the whole tank spilled out through the airflow. I went on to re-wick it, and re-wick it again, and again, and each time the same happened.

I might be relatively new to vaping, but i definitely know how to wick an RTA, and I did watch every possible review of the product, and my wicking definitely wasn’t the problem.

Around that time I had a chat with @AlanS on Discord since he also has a Lotus that doesn’t give him any problems whatsoever, and the only conclusion was that there is something wrong with the tank.

I started troubleshooting it more, and found that in the deck section of the tank the glass doesn’t seal properly. I tried with both sets of orings that came with the atty, and neither one helped.

You can see what I mean in the videos below:

Default white orings

Spare orange orings

First thing I did was to check whether the atty is genuine, and it did authenticate properly.

I went on to contact hugsvape, filled in the contact from on their website with all the information (this was prior to making the two videos) and after about 4 days I got a reply from Hugsvape to send them another e-mail with all the information (It looked a lot like an automated reply to the form)

I sent another e-mail with all the information (serial number of the atty, detailed description of the problem, the videos …) but that e-mail went unanswered. It was sent to Hugsvape on August 27.

That e-mail and the two consecutive emails were never answered, and today on September 8, I still received no acknowledgement from Hugsvape that they are even aware of the issue.

Just wanted to raise the issue for everyone who is thinking to get any of their products. If you get a good one, you are golden. If you get a defective one, they will most likely ignore you just as they are ignoring me …

5 Likes

Man this is getting old. They’re setting a new Bar! The next level! How low can you go! This ain’t the limbo folks! Don’t get me wrong, I really have no idea, but it looks like the wrong glass. Especially on the second video. Obviously could be the sealing rings as well. I should have one by this afternoon. USPS was being USPS again and sent it from the hub to my delivery office then to another close office then back to my delivery office. Round and round we go. Where we stop nobody know! I let you know what I end up with.

4 Likes

It’s not the wrong glass since the seal with the top section is very tight and perfect.

Needless to say I tried both glasses (straight and bubble) from both ends. Top always seals good, while the bottom has the same play. I didn’t film all of that since i don’t have proper video gear and this was done on the phone that rested on a box :slight_smile:

My assumption is that the bottom section has a machining issue

3 Likes

How wonderful. SARCASM!!!

2 Likes

Have you contacted Fasttech?
I would do that, with the video evidence, they’ll send you a new replacement. Just gotta wait a long time or you could get a refund if you wish.

3 Likes

I didn’t contact fasttech. That will be the next step

And I don’t mind waiting. Everything I order is 2-3 weeks to arrive on average. And no refunds. I really want the Lotus but in good working order :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I did a search on fasttech and don’t see it listed on their site. But if that’s where you got it from, that should be the first place of contact when there is a problem. They’ll sort you out, good luck.

2 Likes

It was 3fvape. my bad. I get these vendor mixed up all the time

2 Likes

Same deal, contact them and point out the issues, they’ll most likely ask for a video. Give them a link to the video and they should just send you a new one free of charge, that’s how it usually works out for me. And if all fails, open a dispute on PayPal and get your money back that way (hopefully you used PayPal).

2 Likes

I only use PayPal for this :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ok it arrived. Mine is fine. A bit off topic; I might be a bit off my game but I did not enjoy coiling and wicking that thing. I chose 2X30+36SS parallel so I could use it with TC and replay. That build area seems really small. Once done, everything I read in the reviews is true. The flavor is great. It is a full, concentrated vape and thankfully mine doesn’t leak. I am going to stick to fruits and low sweet juices though. I don’t want to build this thing any more often than I have to. My old Ogre eyes and fat Ogre fingers do not like that deck.

4 Likes

I’m glad yours is fine. It’s not an easy build but the flavor is great even when it leaks :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have to apologize. I’m sitting here laughing as I envision juice running down my hand and saying yum, that tastes good. maybe put a bowl under your hand and recycle?

2 Likes

Do Hugsvape ignore their customers?
Was just thinking…what if no one responds to this thread? :rofl:

2 Likes

I could rig something to catch all the juice . Or just lose the glass and drip it in? :smiley:

3 Likes

Long dish washing gloves and an apron are the new vape gear!

2 Likes

So I got an answer from them, and i will be the lucky recepient of a brand new set of orings for the RTA …

After I replied that I don’t think that will solve my problem all I got was radio silence again …

1 Like

late reply but…
The first step for problems with devices is to contact the seller, that is to funnel all returns only through distributors. 3FVape will take care of it and they will return the defective product and be reimbursed a new unit. At this time is it still under warranty?

3FVape:

Returns

You may return items to us within 45 calendar days of delivery. If the return is not a result of our error, customers will be required to cover shipping cost both ways. Please make sure the item is returned as the original condition. Contact us before you return products to us.

if they (the seller) refuse to take care of it, then contact the manufacturer.
IDK what their warranty time limit is as their website don’t work but you can contact them (as you know) http://hugsvape.com/contact-us/

so im agreeing with @Kenbu on this one, also 3FVape has a representative here on ELR you might be able to get them to expedite the process.
Sorry you had this problem, I don’t think the o-rings will fix it.

1 Like