Does ELR need some necessary changes?

No no i think you should say what you really feel…

I think you were holding back there…

:joy::ok_hand:

14 Likes

Band together with those of us that love our home if you see a problem PM daath or tag him here on the forum. I have never had a problem getting in touch with him. JoJo can be of help as well. You can tag her she might not be available right them but will get back to you. Stay vigilant ignore the simple idiots and make ELR better and stronger. Sorry @SthrnMixer this was meant be a response to @SteamRoom

8 Likes

I think a lot of good points have been made. However when I see a subject elr is dead…well all I have to say is haters gunna hate hate hate…so I say shake shake shake it off. Lol.

But seriously. I think @SthrnMixer said elr is evolving. It will always change. You will always see increase and decrease of member flow.

This reminds me of my other forum that I used to use along with elr when I was new to diy. The other forum was very very popular because of one mixer. Now without that mixers participation the site has moved to a slow crawl. I still visit and post but not as much.

Compare that to elr. Yup…it slows down from time to time. But there is more than one popular mixer. Maybe not as well recognized as the god of FA…but gods fall.

As for locking down information. Well then it takes it out of the hands of the new mixer. It would have prevented me from learning so much. In no way would I ever had paid to use a diy site.

Although the information gets messy. All a person needs to do is learn how to use the site. All a person has to do is read. That is really the fail of the diy’er and not elr or daath.

Big thanks to daath and all who make this place great.

I gotta clock in for work so no spell check. Lol. Big gulps.

13 Likes

He’s on ELR???..
Not sure I’m ready to talk to him just yet…

14 Likes

Did you hear my heart break from across the pond?

:laughing:

8 Likes

Yes I did but it wasn’t half as loud as the sound of my heart breaking when I bought 30 ml of the stuff on your recommendation :laughing:

6 Likes

I’m a little confused. Your question asks "Is ELR dying, but in your Coconut Custard Parfait recipe on you YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg2oAA_YD78 you say at the end that the recipe will soon be up on ELR. So my question is why would you reference this site if you indeed think it is dying? My read is that you actually realize that this is the best site by far and are in fact trying you use it to increase the viewership on your channel. I’m sorry that you have a few hatters in your life, but insulting this site and asking @daath to save you from your hatters is not the way to curry favor with this community. I watched a few of your videos and I think you do a nice job, but please realize this site was here before you started and will be here long after your gone. Good luck to you.

8 Likes

There is a flagging option, the tree dots beside the chain, click it to see the flag and click on the flag.

2 Likes

It is actually pretty decent work! :slight_smile:

Thanks pugsy. I appreciate it

1 Like

@Pugs1970 See there he is even if this old man can’t spell worth a damn. :wink:

4 Likes

I’m sorry @Amy2 but I really think the stuff is horrid, I’ve had to dump all the liquids I made with it. :cry:

2 Likes

I’m actually one of his YouTube subscribers and I enjoy his videos. After all of this I have been contemplating whether to stay a subscriber though…

@Duneatick My first thought when I saw his original post was that it was a troll for a subscriber grab which is quite disappointing.

2 Likes

It is nice the way he explains not only why the flavor is in the recipe but why it is at a specific percentage. He also gives a flavor profile of each ingredient, witch is helpful if your not familiar with the flavor.

2 Likes

If this site is dying its God help some of the sites that I visit. No forum can be all things to all men (and women), but to a talentless, perpetual noob that couldnt create a rateable juice to save his life like me, this site is a Godsend.
FWIW I think Lars & co are doing a fine job.

12 Likes

He may explain things in a nice way on his site, but I have issue with the title of this thread. “Is ELR dying?” carries a negative perception. I also think from a new persons approach to this. If you see this as a new person are you not going to question right off the bat that oh shit this site is dying, why the hell would I stay here and look elsewhere. So my issue is that very title.

I have learned so many recipes with a no star rating and a recipe with 100 star rating. I also have had the wonderful opportunity to meet some really fine people on here. I really challenge anyone to find a better site. We come together as a group when one of our own comes under attack.

Are we stubborn, hell yeah we are stubborn. I am stubborn in the way that this is a great site and will come to its defense along with others on here.

13 Likes

Imo if you diy this is the place to be. Want to thank everyone for such a great place and all the help this site has provided. If you don’t like it here just leave.

8 Likes

Well now the title change makes my point, mute. Lol. Thanks, now I look crazy!!! Not that I needed help in that aspect.

9 Likes

To the ELR Forum Members,

I would like to apologize for my bluntness and rashness, I could have approached this in a much more suitable and respectful manner. I see now how my words could have been interpreted in a negative light, Please understand this was due to frustration. I see the camaraderie here through this thread and I would like to stick around to get the full experience. Thank you @daarth for your prompt attention and I am aware of your efforts to build this wonderful place.

@Skullblade789 I got the notification about the thread name as I was typing this so I altered it out of respect, But I still think you’re a fraction on the crazy side. :stuck_out_tongue: Lol

Seriously though, Thank you guys. You’ve opened my eyes to the other, What seems to be much more valuable side to ELR, The forums.

Much love everyone.

15 Likes

You have to see that the majority of us here are here to help and not judge. However there are cases here when someone needs a nudge or sledgehammer in the right direction. Dealers choice on the nudge or hammer part.

9 Likes