Doomsday Preppers - FDA Deeming Regulations Fallout

Just the last 8…? :wink:

10 Likes

This is exactly why we as a community need to unite and align ourselves with 1 organization and support it not just with our words but with our hard earned money.

I believe as long as we stay divided and not come together under 1 advocacy group we will lose this battle.

United We Stand Divide We Fall- Because that is the only hope we have to generate the BIG MONEY it will take to win this war.

4 Likes

Excellent.point money dose help so do letters and emails to your local Representatives and are representatives in Washington .keeping in mind to not start a war over it .simple Com request by the thousands

and for some reasons we are failing to get that done

And the Constitution has been used as a door mat so many times by those that are elected to uphold it. Our law makers are quick to quote from it when they are defending the rights of those with big bank accounts but fail to remember it when the little guy screams it in their ears.

7 Likes

Excellent!

I received this from Congressman Hal Rogers ® KY today in my email. It is encouraging. Time will tell.

Dear Mr. B

Thank you for contacting me to express your concerns about actions taken by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) related to the e-cigarette industry. I appreciate the opportunity to respond.

As you know, tobacco is already one of the most heavily regulated consumer products in the marketplace. In fact, over a dozen federal agencies exert regulatory authority over tobacco products and e-cigarettes, from import and export controls to cultivation practices. Recently, the FDA finalized a regulation to subject virtually all e-cigarettes and vaping products on the market to more stringent standards than the tobacco products they so often replace. This approach creates a regulatory logjam for the agency, diverting FDA’s attention from its core mission to promote public health, ensure the safe use of these product and prevent underage use and abuse, and would hurt small businesses across the country. While I support regulation of these products, I believe FDA should not create unnecessarily high barriers to unquestionably less-dangerous tobacco alternatives.

You may be pleased to know that, as Chairman of the House Appropriations Committee, I supported an amendment to the Fiscal Year (FY) 2017 Agriculture Appropriations Bill on this very subject when it passed in committee on April 19, 2016. As the lone source of funding for the Department of Agriculture, this legislation allocates resources for the FDA. The amendment prohibits the use of any funds for FDA’s unprecedented regulation, allows responsible adults access to this alternative to tobacco, and instructs the FDA to establish more appropriate and less restrictive guidelines. I look forward to supporting this bill when it comes to the House floor for a vote.

Again, thank you for contacting me on this issue. If you would like to learn more about how I am working for you during the 114th Congress, please visit www.halrogers.house.gov and sign up for my e-newsletter. It is an honor to serve you in the United States House of Representatives.

Sincerely,

HAROLD ROGERS
Member of Congress

14 Likes

I’m wondering if when august 8th comes around if the hardware that is on the Market will go up in price? This would just be a guess that the prices will probably go up because limited availability.

Supply and demand will always dictate prices.

On a global level though, the US is just part of the market. I wouldn’t be surprised to see prices go down for the rest of the world for vape gear since (if the regs stand as they are written) they will be minus the US distributors, retailers and consumers.

But if you’re worried, now’s the time to create for yourself a little of your own inventory. Mods, toppers and nic are the items most likely to have limited access so that would be my personal recommendation - to pick up what you can now. It’s been advised here by some not to “panic buy” and to the extent that one buys things they know nothing about with the intention of fortifying their stockpile, I agree. But if you know you like certain things and can afford to buy 3x as many of them as normal, it wouldn’t be bad to do so. Because if and when those things become impossible to legally obtain in America, who looks like a fool when they stomped their foot and refused to take any action? I know personally I’ll just laugh at them and blow an extra dense cloud.

Lastly, I plan to keep buying at least 1 time per month after the dust settles just to see what I can get away with. Who knows, Chinese distributors may give the FDA a big ol’ middle finger and never skip a beat shipping here. And if things get shoved through customs, well there you are :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I definitely won’t be surprised if it does.

I feel there is a very good chance that hardware will gradually go down to as low as it can and still make a profit. Why you ask, if the consumer does not take to higher Ejuice costs and the fact that no one can try ejuice before buying, plus Vape shops can no longer tell customers the benefits of Vaping over smoking, we will start seeing a drop in new vapers. If they are having trouble getting buyers then prices will drop, HOWEVER, there are 2 house bills under consideration which will tax Ecigs and juice. If this happens there is no telling what the prices could be…

Keep in mind manufacturers of hardware, and juice, have 2 years to submit a PMTA on said equipment. This should not create shortages for a long time. There just will be no new equipment. The shortages will be created once manufacturers are forced to pull product from the market when not approved by the FDA. If a manufacturer decides to submit a PMTA within the 2 year time they then have a additional 1 year for the product to be on the market and the FDA to approve…

4 Likes

One more thought, there may be shortages on Ejuice being Vape shops can not blend anymore. but not hardware. Hopefully the customer will not be taken advantage of because of the new found monopoly the Premium Juice companies will have…

3 Likes

all the more reason to mix your own juice. :wink:

6 Likes

Thats me already, thanks to utah laws. Money is good though. Covers all my diy expenses and lets me order from china still since they dont give two shits what utah says :slight_smile: also a couple of my favorite diy supply places still have no fucks given for utahs bs either, so nicotine should still be available for me, for the time being anyway.

1 Like

Sometimes i wonder if this is all a scare tactic to lure the many vapers into buying lots of stuff, to “stimulate the economy” so to speak. But then a law like what passed in utah comes along and it becomes clear, they just want to kill it off any way they can. Destroying utahs online market will hit every facset of this industry locally. Many of the local shops had to shut down their sites to remove online store functions and such. Estix no longer has online shopping, ivapeslc website has just been completely down since it passed… Idk it sucks but i wont let it stop me

3 Likes

Sounds like a vapors paradise…:grinning:

3 Likes

Would prolly look something like this…

14 Likes

In a room by myself, I chuckled out loud…that doesn’t happen often, lol

5 Likes

Hehe :laughing: It had to be done…

2 Likes

That is awesome, I love it and yea that’s about how it would look @Mofogger except with all of us, the island would probably be cloaked so that no one could see us.

2 Likes

FUfdaITA fits it better for how I feel about them