Doomsday Preppers - FDA Deeming Regulations Fallout

Every manufacturer should submit their stuff to the FDA during the very last week as in all at once, I think the FDA would be forced to extend the time it is giving everyone from the date of submissions, Would be funny if they just couldn’t handle it cruised through all of them and approved them in record time. Or they’d be so swamped they couldn’t handle it and people would be quitting right and left from being overworked, they are after all used to doing next to nothing and getting paid way too much for it.

Yeah Yeah Yeah I know I’m dreaming.

It would nice if that happened that way.

But in all reality, nothing would happen. And since they are back logged I could see that as an oppuritniy for big Tabacco to flood the market with their garbage.

It’s a dream we all share EXCEPT the FDA. I feel like we are going to see many companies take advantage of the 2 year time to submit a PMTA application but when it comes down to actually spending the now estimated over 2 million dollars per product, most companies won’t do it, if any for that matter. I think this is when many will sell out to Big Tobacco, if of course Big T is interested in them. I think that most will see the expenditure as too much of a risk. I think most of us feel that there will not be approvals of any NEW Tobacco Products like the FDA has demonstrated in the past…

One more thought, there are 2 house bills being considered which will tax ecigarettes at this time. If Ecigs are taxed to the extreme like cigarettes are then there’s a good chance no one will want to try to get anything approved if the products quit selling due to extreme prices. We could very well see companies drop out even sooner in that case. I’m mostly speaking of Ejuice Companies. The chinese manufacturers will keep selling to whoever will buy. There’s many countries in this world besides EU and the US…

3 Likes

Yep, dreaming. The government’s lack of concern for a backlog and absence of expedience is epic. No one would quit. And no one would put in overtime. The mfg’s would simply get a letter to the effect due to the recent influx of e-cigarette implement approval requests, we regret to inform you that our normally expected wait time of 2 years for an answer to your request is now being estimated at 4-5 years. During this time you may not distribute this product within the United States, or, if manufactured outside of the United States, the item will not be granted customs clearance until such time as the FDA has approved the product for sale within the United States.

Or something like that.

5 Likes

Or they just get out their stamp that says disapproved and slap it on everything to get rid of the papers on their desk.

This article btw is hilarious.

I especially like this comment;
“No group of like-minded people should be allowed to freely assemble without public health supervision and education. Expect one of them to show up at your wedding and preach to you the dangers of sugary wedding cake. Neo Carrie Nations popping into your tavern, jumping onto the bartop and screaming about the dangers of demon Johnny Walker. And why not the constant din of a loudspeaker blasting across the beach on the dangers of too much sun? Or a constant soundtrack bleating in your motel room graphically warning about diseases from naked sex. So much to do, so little time.”

5 Likes

Another typical example of FDA nonsense!

2 Likes

I would gladly have my day in Federal court if the FDA or other authoritarian :slight_smile: entity tried to enforce tobacco control over my non-nicotine liquid. So, what do we have?

it may still be a tobacco product subject to FDA regulation if it is intended or reasonably expected to be used with or for the human consumption of a tobacco product; or intended or reasonably expected to alter the performance, composition, constituents, or characteristics of a tobacco product (with certain exceptions relating to controlling moisture or temperature for storage and initiating external heat source), your product is subject to FDA regulation.

The parenthetical part is psychobabble goverrnmentese and should be summarily ignored. The way around it is IMO - zero nic liquid isn’t used “with or for the consumption of a tobacco product,” nor is it something that “alters the performance, composition, constituents, [sic] or characteristics or a tobacco product.” So sell only zero nic liquid. People can add their own after the sale.

As for hardware, a simple labeling of the product to read “this devices is not intended for the use of any tobacco product” should cover the bases. That is, of course, only going by the FDA’s answer as stated in the article. God knows in the real world they’ll do whatever the hell they want, re: emails and mishandling of classified information :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Gobbledygook :imp:

1 Like

Yeah, that’s a much better word! And I’m assuming the f*&%ing government is the one who gets to decide when something is “reasonably expected.”

1 Like

That speaks for itself, I mean they are smart, that’s why they’re in government, we’re just too stupid to know these things and have to be protected against the big bad wolf.

1 Like

I’m ok the search for mech mods. I never really got into them. Can u please give me your suggestions on the 3 you mentioned. I’ve been sticking up on cheap vv/VW mods but as I know from experience we are lucky to get them to consistently work over a year. At least that’s my experience.

I don’t think I mentioned but 1 mech mod by name - the Noisy Cricket. This was some time ago and since I received them I discovered they aren’t a good long-term solution.That’s only due to the stupid little fire button. Otherwise they would be perfect for keeping on hand. Oh yeah, they will do if that’s all a person had. But I would not recommend them as a primary device to keep on hand in the event mods become impossible to acquire. As for my “plan” for a prep kit, I didn’t ever follow through 100% on that. I did get some equipment, stocked up on some nic, but overall I stopped and looked at my stash and decided I really have enough that if I needed something, it’s there. Aside from flavors I could go on what I have for probably the rest of my life.

I will say it’s interesting how there doesn’t seem to be any slowing of new stuff hitting the US market. Anyone else noticed that?

6 Likes

Yep 8/8 has not slowed China down at all.

I have to wonder what will happen now with Trump taking over. I don’t see him following thru with trying to shut down the entire vaping industry.

3 Likes

Yeah, China just keeps cranking the stuff out. I thought the prices might go up, post 8/8, but that hasn’t happened (yet). My stocking up & buying has slowed to a trickle. I have pretty much everything I think I’ll need, for my limited future (I’m 62).

I’d like to support US businesses as much as the next guy, but since 8/8 my attempts at picking up things that I thought were good deals, from US vendors was a pain in the ass, with the recent regs.

Last 4 of my SS number? A pic of me holding my drivers license next to my face?

Don’t think so. Hello FastTech. Click, click click, and it’s done. Might take a few weeks to get here, but that’s ok.

@juice_junkie_lover - “I’m ok the search for mech mods. I never really got into them.”

I was in the same boat, stocking up. At the time, I think I shy ed away from them, due to the safety issues and bad press. I didn’t know any better, and the regulated mods I was using, were working fine. I never felt that I had an ‘if all else fails’ backup to my backups, if that makes sense. I started researching the mechs a little deeper. I’ve always had a good working knowledge with Ohms Law (electronics & ham radio). Once I applied it, I discovered my low power / higher resistance MTL style was not pushing my batteries at all, at 2.4 amps. Well below my HG 2 limits.

I decided to spring for 4 of the Beyond Vape Beacons, at $10 each. They’re not my daily mods, but I pull one out occasionally and use it. It works fine for my flea power vaping, and I feel better knowing I have backups that will last, should my regulated stuff crap out, over time.

6 Likes

Scorpion mod with slightly recessed firing button works great. Keep it clean for best experiences.

2 Likes

I’m getting really good use out of a Nemesis Tobeco clone. Looks good, throw is not crunchy at all and zero battery rattle. Paid like $10 for it.

2 Likes

I strip an old tv coaxle cable down inside it like 16 gauge pure copper and make a custom spring for the trigger. Works out well

1 Like

MacGyver the mixologist! :slight_smile: I love it - making use of what’s available. Good one.

3 Likes

Heck of an idea. Thanks!

1 Like

Really wish it would come with a magnet switch. They did in the past but this one didn’t. Still good throw.

1 Like