Double Dose of Bad News

Stay strong @wvsanta …my thoughts are with you and yours in this tough go. :pensive:

5 Likes

There’s power in prayer and I will most certainly keep you all in my dailies as it is never easy to go through this w/ a loved one. The one thing is you’ll have a peace of mind your father n law is ready to go meet his maker and join his wife what could be more beautiful than that.
So sorry for your loss on John may he RIP and I’ll keep his family in my prayers too.

3 Likes

Very sorry to hear all of this.
Angels about you and peace unto you and your family, friends, and loved ones.

4 Likes

Loved ones, and good friends help us become better human beings. Keep being that better person they helped you become, and they will live on, inside you.

Thinking of you and your family.

4 Likes

Will keep you in prayers

3 Likes

@wvsanta You and your wife will be in our hearts and our prayers. When things get rough I can’t help but think of this

Through the loss of both my mother and father this kept me going when I felt I couldn’t go on. I hope it brings you and yours some comfort.
God bless you.

4 Likes

So sorry to hear this, I no how what you going through, been there, we are here for you and thinking of you

2 Likes

My thoughts are with you, your wife and your father in-law. I wish you and your family strength to see you all through this. I am truly sorry for the loss of your friend. I’m sure it’s already been said, but you know we are here for you should you need us.

3 Likes

I have always loved that story ( one night I dreamed )

2 Likes

Somewhere I have an 8 by 10 marble slab with a really cool wooden (it’s dogwood if you haven’t heard the legend look it up) rack to hold it like a picture.

2 Likes

Sorry for your troubles, Cancer is an awful disease. It’s taken many people from me over the years. It’s one of the reasons I turned to vaping, as I was a heavy smoker myself for 25yrs.

3 Likes

My dad due to black lung from the coal mine and smoking, mom to cancer. It only took me 44 years of smoking and two heart attacks to realize it was going to kill me. I changed to vaping, that was 2 years 5 months and 25 days ago.

3 Likes

The scariest side of it I witnessed was my Grandfather, barely able to breath in the hospital, out of his mind with dementia and riddled with lung and bowel cancer, didn’t recognize me - at one point even asked the nurse “Who’s that lad there?” - which upset me, but then he started begging me to go buy him a pack of smokes :confused: It was all he wanted, while he was literally dying by the second. He was an 80-per-day smoker who also loved his pipes.

3.5yrs smoke free here, I’m only sorry I didn’t get sense much sooner.

4 Likes

Thank You All for the replies.

It has been hectic the couple of days. Getting ready for the viewing tonight of my friend John so not much time to be here. I won’t have much time to be on ELR but please know your thoughts and prayers are very welcome and comforting. I will try my best to drop in form time to time as I can.

God Bless you all.

5 Likes

Thoughts and prayers are with you and Lisa. It’s never an easy time.

2 Likes

I’m really sorry .Cancer is a very horrible thing. I have lost the people I cared about the most to it .I feel for you and your wife and will be thinking of you guys.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear about this, I can only hope that peace will bestowed upon you all.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry you are struggling right now. My thoughts are with you and yours!

3 Likes

Sorry I have not been here much but I know you all understand.

Many Thanks to all of you for yours thought’s and prayers. Words could not express what it means to me.

Elder William H Payne (my dear Father-In- Law) passed away early this morning 8/27/16 with his youngest Son. one of his Daughters and one of his Granddaughter’s at his side. He suffered very little in his final days and I am sure that is because of everyone’s prayers.

I memory of him I would like to share his favorite bible passage with you.

Psalm 23King James Version (KJV)

23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

RIP Pop’s Love Ya

Again many Thanks for the support you have all shown it truly means a lot.

Dave

5 Likes

:broken_heart:

2 Likes