Doubled my flavor concentrates

@Steve-o_54 where would I get the tester for the coil?

I currently have 11 mods and 14 atomizers. I keep about 4-5 in my daily rotation. I really like to use similar flavors in each tank so that I dont have to do a full tear down and rewick when changing flavors.

1 Like

An ohm reader.
You could get one at any vape shop or online.
The one to go with looks like it would be the coilmaster 521 TAB.
I use the one that came in my coilmaster build kit version 2 and it sucks,not sure but maybe its broken,its been way out in left field in the numbers it gives from day 1.
The new coilmaster kit version 3 comes with the 521 TAB mini and that would give you everything you need including the ohm reader.

1 Like

Like this?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01N3Q8DBV/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1493237440&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=coil+master+kit&dpPl=1&dpID=51X9AZlBUmL&ref=plSrch#

1 Like

That’s the one.
You’d be happy with it I’m sure.
I love my kit.
That one comes with the better ohm reader, you’d be all set:)

2 Likes

@Buckshot47 thanks.

2 Likes

I have that kit there are a few little issues with it nothing major.

The handles of the snips always slide off so glue them on when you get it
The ohm reader 510 came loose on mine so i took it apart and glued it so the nut on the back of it wouldn’t spin

But aside from that it is not a bad kit - it is available cheaper than that in a few places.

2 Likes

Fyi the 521 mini in this kit (at least mine) does not function properly. I never use it because it is inaccurate.
@fidalgo_vapes i think had the same experience with it

2 Likes

One thing that would make this kit better is more room to add additional kit, but overall a great kit (521 mini ymmv)

1 Like

Check the nut on the inside of the 510 connector

2 Likes

I ordered that one from amazon and it was fulfilled by that vendor. It arrived several days early as well.

1 Like

this is the one I have:

But I just notice it’s not in stock so…
this would be a good alternative

2 Likes

Awesome thank you all for all the great tips! Now all I have to do is figure out how to work it lol…

1 Like

easy Install your coils screw your atty on to the meter turn it on it will read out your resistance simple as that ! I will give your further help if you need it just ask !
Steve

1 Like

this is a link for a great tool for coil building / resistance: I used it a lot when I first started rebuilding
http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp?s=dp&r=0.25&awg=24&id=2.5&ll=3

2 Likes

Ok thank you :grin:

1 Like

Is there a specific wire id use for the trv8 smok beast? I like the Clapton. Where would you recommend getting wire from?

I buy everything from Amazon
also if you do use the steam engine use this link instead it’s a newer ver.

1 Like

yes it was reading ohms wrong and ty for reminding me im supposed to send it to @worm1 to play with it , its still in my trunk forgotten lol

1 Like

Ohh, hehe, still have it? I would still love to fiddle w/ it.

2 Likes