Dovpo TC-50, a tiny powerhouse

What’s up vapefam!

SirRisc here with another gear review!

I’ve been rocking the Dovpo 50-TC for a few weeks now and I have to admit it sort of changed my view on Dovpo.
This tiny mod capable of temperature control was sent to me for the purpose of this review by Gearbest.com!

Premise.

Dovpo hasn’t been know for its great build quality in the past, nor for their excellent customer service.
They had quite a few devices that were, by lack of another word, crap.
With the TC-50 they redeem themselves though, and they do so in a small package with high quality.
The TC-50 is only marginally bigger than the original iStick but it packs a serious punch. It has temperature control and goes up to 50W on a single 18650 battery.
The build quality and look of the device is compareable with a Sigelei 30W, but at a lower price.

Join me as I tell you what this device can do!

Dovpo TC-50

Specifications.

• Variable Wattage / Temperature Control
  • Single 18650 battery
  • Sliding battery cover, locked in place with magnets
  • Springloaded 510 connection
  • Temperature Control range: 200°F to 600°F or 100°C to 400°C
  • Wattage range: 1W to 50W
  • Resistance limits in temperature control mode: 0.1ohm to 1.0ohm
  • Resistance limits in wattage mode: 0.1ohm to 3.0ohm
  • Aluminium alloy body (making it very light at only 150gr!)
  • 83mm x 39mm x 24mm or 5.5inch x 2.55inch x 1.57inch

Packaging.

The mod comes in a sturdy cardboard box with the Dovpo branding and the mod depicted from two angles.
The box has a foam insert where the mod sits, keeping it safe from scratching and shocks.
Inside you’ll also find the QC passed cerftificate, the usermanual which is written in “translation English”, and a short USB charging cable.

A couple of photos…

Performance.

In terms of performance I have to say I’m impressed, if only for the size of this mod.
It’s absolutely tiny but it has all the functionality a bigger mod would have.
It performs like a bigger mod too, especially in terms of power.
50W might not seem like much with the current generation of mods but it proves to be plenty for RTAs and tanks, and more than plenty for temperature control actually.
For good measure I’ve been rocking it mostly with a UD Goblin on top as my daily mod to carry around, with a 0.4ohm kanthal build running at 40W and the Samsung 25R battery lasts me about a day and a half.
In temperature control mode the battery lasts me about a day, and that was with a Subtank Plus built with a 0.2ohm Ni200 coil.

The buttons feels nice to the touch and are very tactile, clicky even.
The mod also doesn’t do a “cold start” where you have to click the powerbutton three times, it springs into life after a single click and remembers your previous settings.
Once it springs into life it shows the Dovpo logo on the display which has a blue color.
You can lock the wattage by holding the up and down buttons for a three seconds, and locking the entire mod takes 5 clicks on the powerbutton.
To change between temperatures you need to lock the mod and hold the up and down button for three seconds, from there you can switch between Celsius and Farenheit or turn off temperature control in favor of wattage.

Does it pass the “dry cotton test”? Yes, it does! With flying colors even!
The temperature control feels like it fires a little higher than it’s supposed to, but it does limit the temperature very fast.
There’s no sign of dry hits, not even a burnt taste if you chainvape. Dovpo definitely got it right with their chip.

Aesthetics.

I already mentioned this but really, this thing is fucking tiny.
The original iStick is one I bought because of its size, it was so easy to pocket but I hated the chip and the 510 connection because quite frankly it was crap.
The TC-50 is only marginally bigger, but does 50W instead of 20W and it has temperature control.
It’s equally easy to pocket though, which is why I’m so fond of it for those moments where I need a stealthy vape.
The edges have been sanded down so it doesn’t have any sharp edges that feel uncomfortable, much like the Sigelei 50W has.
The blue color on the display is also nice and looks a bit softer than most mods.
I have to say the mirror finish on the display is a hinderance in bright light, in moderate light it’s easy to read though.

If there’s one thing I hate it’s branding that is big and obvious, and that’s where this mod has let me down…
I don’t mind the TC-50 branding, but the big fucking Dovpo logo? Really?

Pros and Cons.

Pro.

• Light weight
  • Great batterylife
  • Wattage and temperature control
  • Springloaded 510 connection
  • Small, tiny, little, compact, unpretentious, modest
  • No cold start so it works great for quick toots
  • Buttons are very tactile
  • Fahrenheit AND Celsius (Europe thanks you!)

Con.

• BIG BRANDING (We get it, it’s a Dovpo!)
  • Mirror finish on the display gets in the way in bright lighting
  • Fires a little bit too high, but it’s manageable

In conclusion.

I’m impressed that Dovpo has stepped up their game with this TC-50.
The build quality is compareable with Sigelei, the chip performs very nicely, the temperature control is very quick and seems to limit where it should…
I absolutely love the size of the mod, it’s so easy to pocket, and the batterylife is alright for a single 18650.
The only fault I can find with the TC-50 is the mirror finish on the display and the big branding on the mod.
If those were different, I’d say this is pure win in a small package!
Do I like it? Definitely! Is it good? Absolutely!

In closing I would like to thank Gearbest for sending me this mod for review!
And as always, thank you all for reading!

I’m always looking for more opportunities to review, so get in touch if you want me to review something from you!
I can be reached on my website, via DM on Instagram, via DM on Reddit, or via DM on ELR.
Juice, RTA, RDA, mods… it’s all welcome and I’m sure we can work something out!

Join me next time for a review tailored to cloudchasers with the Rampage RDA. Triple coils for dem big clouds yo!

#staycloudy !

SirRisc disappears in a cloud of Crunchberry scented vapor

1 Like

Great stuff. I agree - A little more discreet branding would be good :stuck_out_tongue:

For temperature controlled mods, I’m gonna go with a dual battery one. Battery life is not adequate for me with a single one…

1 Like

The branding really puts me off sometimes, I’m probably going to put a sticker over it or just sand it down to get rid of it.
Other than that it looks great though, it’s like the Sigelei 50W but smaller.

Batterylife is alright for a single 18650, but if you’re used to having long days it might not suffice. For me it’s plenty and there’s always the option of carrying a spare battery. :wink:

The fact that it’s a normal 18650 makes it a lot better! A spare battery I can live with!
I have the iStick TC40W, and that is just not good enough! Also strange that it’s 40W-only in TC-mode…

To be honest, Eleaf hasn’t done much of use for me since they started.
I bought the original iStick because if its size but it was such a dissapointment that I haven’t bought anything else from them since.
The iStick TC40W is good for people who want TC and need a cheap mod, but there are a lot better options out there.
The Invader Mini, this Dovpo, the TC Zero clone, the coming IPV D2… all better options and still cheap enough to be viable.

1 Like

It sounds like you got one of the good ones. No problems with it resetting the resistance after it goes to sleep or immediately going into TC when it wakes up?

No resets at all with mine, not after sleep nor after switching the battery. It performs flawlessly in both wattage and TC mode.
Does yours reset? Maybe I can try to recreate the bug here?

Yep. I talked about it in my post here. It’s on the FT forums as well. It seems some got ones that didn’t work and some didn’t. I was one of the first to get one, so I guess that’s just how it goes.

Hmm, that’s odd! It could be an earlier iteration of the chip or the software running on it at least, it has been known to happen before (I’m looking at you P4U!)…
Mine seems to hold its settings quite nicely :confused:

1 Like