Dripping for flavor testing, which dripper and tip?

Exactly! Lol! I only worry about how tiny the coils are and if I can work on that scale. But, I don’t know the first thing yet, so after some videos I will at least understand the process!

1 Like

It is funny to see how many of the youtuber’s use macro lenses because everything looks so big when you’re watching them, then you roll your first coil and think, “how am I gonna work with this tiny thing?!?” Lol. A little practice and you’ll get there! It’s worth investing the time in, I promise!!!

5 Likes

My first RDA was the geekvape Peerless. I liked it a lot. It was cheap, easy to build on. I still use and keep it in my RDA rotation. I haven’t used a tank since the day I got it.

My experience with building has been so awesome and theripitic almost. It takes me out of my stressful life and that’s pretty sweet. :slight_smile: I spend a couple hours a month and just wrap a ton of coils and store them in a dollar store pill container. And just swap them out when I need to. :slight_smile: i just started making my own clapton coils.

Good luck!!

4 Likes

From looking at the RDA deck, I see how tiny this work will be. That’s the most worrisome part to me. But, I know the savings can be huge!

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll put it on the list of rdas to try. I still haven’t gotten the kp to work on any base i own yet. I’m waiting on my ohm reader to come in the mail before trying any more rba/rda’s… I’m thinking i might have left it sitting in my Amazon cart by mistake because it should have been here by now…

1 Like

I’m going to keep harping on the Tsunami 22. Another attribute of this RDA is that you can build only one coil and use it in single coil mode. This gives you a lot more latitude to build at higher resistances if you like. Also easier to start with a single coil build. I keep one with a single coil build for testing mixes. Super simple and fast to re-wick one coil. The flavor is still really good. The grub screws used will snag anything down to 28g simple wire. You aren’t forced to use thick complex coil like with some RDA’s. It’s a great atty to learn on and a performer.

2 Likes

That’s a really good price point!! I might have to pick one up. I love the velocity style deck, kinda with that would have been my first rda. They’re super easy to pop a coil in. I’ve never had the bottom air flow tho. I’ve been leary to use them because I’m nervous about dripping in the airflow hole. :persevere: Is there a huge difference in flavor with bottom airflow?

Bottom airflow gives the best flavor per my experience with all RBA’s. I have eked some decent flavor out of side air flow and top airflow atties like the Goon and the OBS Engine with some putzin with coil height etc.

Yes they leak. Even if I pull the lid every time and paint the coils, I end up with some leaking. I’m sure I “overdrip”. I use drippers at home and keep a damp rag with me, lol.

1 Like

I just checked out the 24mm. I think you sold me, well at least to try one!

1 Like

24 is real nice too. Extra room to build on and if you get the real fancy one it has a little window in it. Never really got the use of that. It gets so foggy in there you can’t see if the coil is dry anyway, but it has one! Really good flavor.

Love bottom airflow . The first rda i got was freakshow v1, then got another color, I enjoyed taking of the top cap and painting the coils, like @JamsGrumpyGills said theraputic. I then got the v2, its awesome but w/ the deep 10mm well, i got bored and now just have the flavor to keep me occupied.

3 Likes

Having said all that, if you want to get off a little more cash, the Govad RDA is da-bomb! Gushes with flavor. Clean, crisp flavor. It’s a clamp style single that you can easily put a 4mm build in. Out of all my atties that is the goto for flavor.

3 Likes

This is one of my favorites at first I wasn’t sure about it. It’s my fave now out of 4 rdas the flavor is amazing and it’s a lot cheaper then it used to be 10$ compared to 30$ https://www.vapingzone.com/Zorro-RDA-By-Tobeco/pid-2216.html

1 Like

I went out yesterday and got the tsunami 24 yesterday for my first bottom airflow RDA. I like it so far. Has a nice build deck size. I have noticed some leaking so when I build on it next time I am going to make sure that everything is tight. There is a squonking option, which is cool, but I think my pin might have been loose or something. So far I like it.

Great to hear! All my RTA’s leak, but I always over drip. I just have a wet rag handy, lol.

With the Tsunami either the 22 or 24 the key to no leaks is to make sure the cotton is pushed back from the airflow holes. Even a tad of cotton slightly above the airflow holes can cause drainage.

Second, I’ve found using the Scottish roll method and having the wicks touching the bottom of the well works great with these RDAs.

Painting the coils is asking for trouble if you over drip. With big fluffy wicks you can drip between the post holes and watch the cotton suck the juice up to your coils.

The top cap comes off easy so…
-remove top cap
-drip 10-12 drops between the post holes
-give it 15 seconds or so and drip 5-8 more drops

If you are in haste for a vape put a drop on each top corner of the cotton coming out of the coils. But most of the time it will wick fast from the bottom.

This is the method that works for me best. Proper wicking on my part allows 20 drops in a 22mm Tsunami. That is a lot.

2 Likes

I just makes me nervous when I’m at work. I keep my mod on my shirt pocket most of the time, I need to find a soulution so they don’t leak in my pockets lol.

@TheTinMan1 makes a lot of good suggestions above. I can’t offer better advice than that. There are also some very wonderful RTA’s out now. The Ammit 25 single coil puts out equal flavor to a dripper in my humble opinion and if wicked with a little care will not leak. It is also a pretty small atty.

1 Like

I like this one a lot. I’ve been thinking about getting an rdta, any suggestions for one @Walt3?

Not so much in the rdta line but both the Ammit 25 Single coil and the Reload (or KnightBright clone) are wonderful RTA’s. The Pharaoh RDTA isn’t bad but its bulky and only holds 2ml of juice.

1 Like