Dry burning your coil

que? i wasn’t replying to you and have no idea what you are talking about or referring to

in fact, it doesnt look like you have ever posted in this thread…

1 Like

I build with SS simple wire and spaced coils. I do pre-burn the coils. Sometimes raking the coils will help them glow more evenly. I also believe it removes any residual impurities from the manufacture of the wire. I also reuse my coils. I will pull the wicks and give the deck a bath for a half hour in a sonic cleaner. A light brushing with a tooth brush will knock off any gunk the cleaner does not completely remove. Re-wick and good to go.

I’m sorry.

check the ciggy lighter in your car, thats been there for what 20 years. still glows red every time… ???

I need to get me a usc for cleaning tanks. off to amazon i go

1 Like

I’ve only been using UD

1 Like

…same here. :wink: I find it to be quality wire and comes to me very clean; hardly anything comes off on the rag after it is swiped with alcohol. :+1:

Do most people here dry burn coils to clean them then? There’s a couple of articles, one by Farsolinos, which say that it can be bad for the health. I’ve been trying to avoid it, might occasionally pulse them at low watts, but I’ve been more likely to just ditch the coils when they get black and make a new one.