E liquid coagulating/gone waxy

ROLMAO :sweat:

Most welcome :slight_smile: It was fine warmed and shaken, and it actually did taste ā€˜yumā€™, though not ā€˜delicious!ā€™ or ā€˜awesome!!ā€™. But the minute it cooled it got waxy again, and when it blocked my fill-bottle nozzle it was consigned to DIY juice-hellā€¦

Well, this is an important welcome to the ELR forums. We all try to share even when its not so pretty. This adds an important value for the Community. Maybe the lesson here is DIY e-juice making isnā€™t Chemistry on a level like cooking.

Weā€™re mixing flavorings like w weā€™re mixing real butter and creams, but in fact it is very much Chemistry and more importantly what is getting technically combined/created is obscured. It is very possible you inadvertently synthesized some kind of wax. No worries though, if you are burning candles in your home, you are breathing plenty of wax :wink:

Translation: This was interesting to me. While an anecdotal story, this is actual evidence of stuff (chemical) otherwise obscured ā€¦I mean I have eyes. Thanks again

1 Like

Youā€™re most welcome - tickled my curiousity-bone, thought it might othersā€™ :slight_smile:

Forgot to add there was some nic in the mix, probably 3mg overallā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m seriously leaning toward the ripe banana being the culprit. It does NOT play well with some flavors. I used it with Flavorah banana (and some other Flavorah flavors in a tried and true recipe) and it turned into nail polish remover. Totally unvapable even after weeks of steep. My current mix using it is cloudy and Iā€™m pretty sure the PET bottle the concentrate is in is starting to melt. Iā€™m thinking it is time to toss it and find alternatives. I love what it does to mixes when it does it right, but its a dangerous flavor. LoL

4 Likes

Agreed ! That Ripe Banana is something else I try to steer clear of it most of the time.

@RIPstinkies that is one scary mix ! What type of bottle is this ? Sorry if it was already addressed

1 Like

Itā€™s a VG bottle, but it doesnā€™t seem at all affectedā€¦

I suspect the menthol has an oil in it and it reacted with the chocolate or the yellow cakeā€¦

Oops what @JoJo said. You used 15%! Ripe banana tfa?

Nah, just plain olā€™ TFA Banana

1 Like

Yikes! Looks like a bad batch of cataclear I mixed up once. Cataclear is a clear coat auto paint. Try spraying it on something you want waterproofed! :joy: