Easiest/most effective method to shake small e-liquid bottles?

I mix max VG with it with no problem

1 Like

Also @CallMeTut

$7 Frother via amazon just came today. It’s def the right size, and working well!

My only fear, and this is probably wrong, is that its intensity might dissolve the e-liquids top notes (like what heat steeping does–making the mix taste muted/bland). Do you have any experience with that happening?

3 Likes

I did not see that happening… after frothing I place the nipple back on the bottle (i.e. I don’t do what some people call “breathing”) also prior to vaping I wait at least a few hours to let things settle out (occasionally when frothing the mix became the color of cream due to the amount of mixing I had done), I let the mix clear out prior to vaping.

2 Likes

Won’t fit cut off the end :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just hope with all these elaborate blending methods, you all at least do a regular hand shake sample just for comparison… or else you would never see any advantages of your various flavor blending methods/RITUALS.

I’ve come to find that the key to good mixes is using flavors that best suit your palate, a good hand shake and proper steep time.
All that extra stuff I used to do never improved the final product and I know this by comparison of some very old recipes from back in the day… They all tasted the same besides the ones I ruined with too much heat.

Just offering a different opinion, or you can just DIY without even attempting a simpler method for comparison.

I was told a very long time ago… “keep it simple and you will have more success”. In time I found this to be true.

11 Likes

Sock in the dryer love it.

1 Like

I came here looking to see if anyone had an idea about adding a “shaker” item inside the bottle (like inside a nail polish bottle). I got the idea from diluting Stevia in PG, seeing something solid form in the bottle; I guess that was the excess which could not dissolve because it’d reached capacity.

Ball bearings are used in nail polish. I think I’m going to create a capsule-like “shaker” to deposit in each bottle out made from thermoplastic beads. Irregular shape will probably be ideal.

What is a thermoplastic bead?
A lightweight, polyester thermoplastic plastic pellets that becomes moldable when warm (150 deg F) and solidifies at room temperature. Thermoplastic pellets will acts like clay when warm, but when it cools, it’s a strong plastic.

A couple of methods I used in the past are warming mixes by:

• keeping in my pocket to warm throughout the day
  • placing in a large container of very warm water for about 10 minutes
  • sitting bottles as I make them next to a wax warmer (melts wax at temp low enough to insert a finger without pain)

I’ve then mixed the liquids by:
* juggling bottles
* stirring with a long nail held by a dremel-like tool (the head of the mail makes an amazing vortex)

I think my next try will be to add aluminum foil to the nail body to create more resistance – a smaller version of these or simply bumps along the shaft

Along those lines, I may just cut into the nail head with a hacksaw to make tiny fan blades. I don’t know.

I am a woman who is in love with science, so it would be great to hear from any engineers, chemists or physicists out there – amateurs welcome. I’m sitting here with a folded pair of jeans held with rubber bands for lumbar support :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Yes, good idea. I was just reminded I have one of those giant handheld wand massagers. It has a huge bulbous head on it, and I think I’m going to strap a bag of bottles to it! I’m also brainstorming and going to keep my eyes open for something that naturally shakes around here. Maybe things we focus on because we don’t want them to shake as much as they do. Particularly those things that cause carpal tunnel syndrome.

Right now I’m thinking of my car’s broken shock absorber, motorcycle seat or handle bars, lawnmower, tractor seat on springs,

It could be an idea to fasten a large plastic container (with a top) above a lawnmower engine, so it becomes somewhat heated and the bottles can freely bounce around. Think of how a drumhead moves.

1 Like

Get one of those bandolier belts that photographers use to carry film canisters, find a kid with unmedicated ADHD, strap it on, and take them to the park. :laughing:

8 Likes

I looked a Lab Shakers once, until I saw the price. It was more affordable to buy a homogenizer from @mrpipes but I get it, sometimes you just want to do a good shake and leave it. Nothing to put away and clean afterwards. That’s the epitome of my laziness.

4 Likes