Easy single flavor mixing with premade vg/pg base

So the local shop here makes juice and I really like the simplicity of their setup and how fast they can make bottles.
They keep a large squeeze bottle of 65%PG/35%VG on the counter that already has 24mg in it. Then they add a few drops (I’m sure they know the amount of drops to add to each 30mL bottle) of flavor, then fill the bottle to the top with the squeeze bottle. They use Flavor West and TFA flavoring.

So for simple flavor mixes I’d like to do the same thing. They can literally make a 30mL bottle in about a minute.
My question is this, are they just using the same % across the board for all their flavors? Maybe they just do 10% for everything and know the drop count. I’d be ok with this for quick batches of single flavors. I am working on more complex flavors which will require weighing them, but this method seems simple. Any thoughts?

You can make a flavor base of recipes you make a lot of. If you click the blue wrench on the recipe page, it will let you make a batch of just the flavoring. Then you can use whatever amount of that you typically would in a recipe. Say your total flavor for that recipe is usually 10%, you would just use 10% of your new flavor base, PG, VG, and Nic.

As for pre-making your base, as long as you only use a certain %, you can definitely premix your PG, VG, and Nic. If you use the calculator, put everything in as normal, the amount of base you want to make, and then a random flavor set at the % you want. Then, just mix the base and not the flavoring. That’s the easiest way I can think of to make it.

I think its safe to assume that most of the single flavors i use range from 5-10%. So what I would do is build a recipe that has an average of 7.5% flavoring and then mix the PG/VG/Nic base and keep it handy. Then obviously when I add in 10% flavors they might be slightly higher in PG and the 5% flavors slightly higher in VG. It won’t make that much of a difference. Would you agree with this line of thinking?

Yep. As long as you don’t care about the ratios and amount of Nic being slightly higher or lower, you’d be peachy. :smile:

Here’s a couple threads that deal with this if you care to read more:

1 Like

If you make flavor bases of a few recipes and they average just below 10%, you can adjust your flavor base so that effectively all of them use 10% - just plot in 10 in “Desired mixing percentage”, and ELR will adjust it with extra PG to make sure it will work. Then you can make a nicotine base with room for 10% flavoring, and then all of your recipes can be mixed the same way, making it super quick! :smile:

1 Like

I’m all about time saving for the flavors I use the most so I will do that.
Is there a way to put in the cost of my 10ml, 30ml, and 50ml bottles too? I know I should re-use bottles, but I don’t have the time so I just bought a bulk order.

I have cost of flavor base on my todo list, but not bottles … don’t know when I’ll get to that one though :smile:

All good. I can always manually add in the cost :stuck_out_tongue:

I make a huge batch of premixed base at 3% nicotine (pg base) with a 75/25 vg/pg mix allowing for 20% pg based flavor. If flavor is less than 20%, I just add some 3% nicotine (pg base) to make up the difference. This keeps the viscosity right and nicotine right. Most of my recipes don’t go over 20% flavoring. I did this using an ejuice calculator. I store it in an air tight glass container, makes mixing a variety of flavors very easy and I don’t have to be working with high concentrate nicotine very often. This has not changed the taste of my e juice.