Editing Flavor Stash names

Hi, I`ve decided to give E-Liquid Recipes a try, I have just add all my flavors and added my bottle number at the start of the name, like 34 FA Condensed Milk, but the numbers in the title muck up the “What can I make” search, is it possible to edit the flavor names or have you to delete them and start again, Thanks.

I would make sure you type in exactly the way the bottle reads withe the Brand Manufacturer on the end of the name.

You will have to delete them and re-enter them, unfortunately. Make sure when you put the names in you do it: Flavor Name (Company). As you’re typing it in, a box should pop up. Pick the one that has the most recipes associated with it (number in green).

3 Likes

Thanks for that Maureenie and JoJo, I see the suggestions coming up as I type now, they didn`t show up typing a number in first, Many thanks Ladies.

3 Likes

That is a great idea. Time to summon @daath

How great would it be to have a flavor name and then a way to put a number or code so when/if we were to number our bottles on the top that’s all we have to see. That way when we mix by weight we pull out 33, 79, and flavor number 385 (for @Amy2 and @Alisa and all the flavor hoarders)
It would be faster to mix.

2 Likes

I really like the “summon” option. Lol. :innocent:

3 Likes

That would be great for some of us with huge inventory, but for a regular or new DIY’r it might just be confusing to have to use numbers.

I dunno.

Would be great for me though. :wink:

2 Likes

I have a paper word document with my flavour stash and numbered them there. I’ve numbered the top of my bottles too so I only have to look at the paper and get the numbers out. A bit old school I suppose but it works for me :grinning:

1 Like

I like it as well !

You should see my setup. I call it the ghetto tower of flavors. 2x4 on top of two containers of protein powder. All the flavors get lined up every time. But Atleast they all are at eye level. But I am running out of space on the 2x4. I now have flavors that go to a ledge on the counter to the right and flavors behind me for the ones I know I’m not using. But since I like everything sealed up at the end of the day I make it work.

But I think I’m gonna have to transition to a new setup soon.

The great and powerful @daath. Follow the yellow brick road.

Not sure what you mean? Do you want ELR to pick the number (it has a number, some of them are just very big)… Or do you want a separate input field for your own number? I just put my number in the notes field (along with an spreadsheet) and put a label on top of my bottles. My setup is here:

I love that system :slight_smile: I started to put the number in the notes field on ELR as well, so I don’t always have to open the spreadsheet…

6 Likes

I didn’t think about the notes part.

But either user define or website defined.

Website/webmaster choice would be the easiest to implement.

Like “strawberry FA item code 435”

I’d think an optional field like the current bottle size/price/etc would be the way to go. That way if folks leave it blank, nothing changes. But if folks put a number there, it could perhaps show up in recipes in front of the flavor name like the flavor warning does for tank crackers and DA/AP/etc.

The more I think about it though, the more I don’t like it. Bunch of meaningless numbers being added when sharing recipes with others. Maybe instead it would be better to present it as a “stash IDs” field down below with the strength, ratio, flavor total, and price per ml?

Either that or just leave it as is, and people can put whatever they want in the notes field and look up their numbers from their flavor stash.

Not a fan of adding a site-defined number because I wouldn’t think folks want a 5 digit code (currently 51907 flavors exist in the db) when 2 or 3 digits is plenty for most people.

Thats exactly the way I do it just now, all the flavors numbered on top of the bottles

I agree with this!

I have racks on the wall with my flavors lined up, in alphabetical order. Very easy to find any flavor I want.