Effect of Sub-Ohm Coils on Popular Flavor's in DYI

I found a video on a vertical build for the problem child Atlantis 2 Tank :smile:

1 Like

I’m going to necro this, only because I didn’t see the suggestion that I would propose, if someone else suggested it already forgive me as this is a very long thread lol. You can totally buy a dripper, get some 28-30 (I prefer 28) gauge wire, coil it to 1-1.2ohms, which will give you tons of surface area (surface area gives you clouds, not low resistance, even though lots of people think ohms=clouds for some reason), tons of flavor, and a warm hit. Basically by manipulating the surface area to your liking, you can get Atlantis clouds, with Kayfun flavor! Of course this is all preference, but it’s worth a shot. Velocity clone drippers on fasttech.com are like 10$, and they come in multiple colors. You can try this in RTA’s, but drippers always win. Keep the coil size at 2-3mm and I believe that you may find what you’re looking for. Good luck!

Everytime I’ve tried this I just wasn’t satisfied. For it never produced the flavor, vapor and warmth that appeals to me. It’s like you said it’s more of a preference. I wish I could be happy with that type of build, because it would be amazing for battery conservation. It obviously works because most people don’t vape as low as I like to vape. I have some 28g Ti and I will revisit the surface area part of your post to see how it compares to my norm.

God I hear you since I switch to the 22ga TI 6 wrap build in my TFV4 my charger has been working overtime!

3 Likes

I understand because I hate vaping at that resistance. Takes forever to heat up, but saves battery, and for most people produces more flavor, but a cold hit. You need to run it at like 7 volts if your device allows to get it warm like a subohm, and make sure to wick well lol. I’d rather get a warm-hot hit, and flavor personally.

2 Likes

Thats good to know. I’m thinging about getting kanger teck mini for on the go and as a back up. .8 ohms seams about right , that where I have my crown sub ohm, and my dripper w/one coil.I use the seigeli 150 watt for eveything.

Thought my bats were going till I red this. I put a .1 build in my tf r2. So if I switch to .8 and bring my watts up till my voltage maxes out your saying I will get better flavour and longer life on my bats?