ELR Anonymous

Stop trying to control everything and JUST LET GO!

5 Likes

Hello and thanks for the welcome. It depends on your country in Europe. In my specific country, the ban is 100% in clear writing that tanks over 2ml are gone. The end. Even the sellerā€™s sites have it written down clearly, which is why the next few weeks they will clear all their stock with it. Some sites already have it marked down to like 70+ percent, but others will do increased sales up to the date.

Not only are tanks going in my country; the laws they are doing are insane. Like from now on you canā€™t even buy a base with nicotine in bottles over 10ml.

It used to be that they were allowed to sell 0mg base up to 1000ml with 10ml nicotine bottles in a bundle. They would pull out the extra base and give you the amount of bottles needed, now they arenā€™t allowed to package specially any refillable bottles over 10ml with nicotineā€¦

Because thatā€™s obviously not a targeted ban trying to get more people to smoke cigarettes againā€¦ That quite obviously has an insane health valueā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

On top of a slew of other laws. My nordic country is really dependant on cigarette salesā€¦

1 Like

To clear up the tank issue, this is directly from article 20 of the TPD. Note part 3(a), ā€œDedicated refill containers in disposable electronic-cigarettesā€ i.e. ce4ā€™s, or ā€œin single use cartridgesā€ i.e.cartos. This is why Germany opted out of the tank ban and thereā€™s talk that a few more countries are going to follow suit pretty soon. Rtaā€™s and tanks are not disposable e-cigarettes.

3 Likes

I think a lot of people are confused over what it actually means. i received the following email from a retailer today

Vaping legislation arrives at midnight tomorrow

As you probably already know, the Tobacco Products Directive legislation comes into full effect at midnight tomorrow - Friday 19th May.

We just wanted to give you a quick reminder of what this means to you.

For all Vapers

The biggest changes youā€™ll notice are that bottles of e liquid are limited to a 10ml maximum size and 20mg maximum strength - and tanks/clearomisers have a 2ml maximum size. Also, because every product on the market has to be notified (with a hefty fee) to the Government, you might notice a reduction in the range of products available in the short-term.

For DIY Mixers

The good news, if you make your own e liquid, is that flavour concentrates are unaffected ā€“ so youā€™ll still be able to get hold of the full range of great flavours. PG and VG are also unaffected.

The trickiest part will be getting used to the new legal nicotine strength ā€“ as nicotine for mixing has been hit by the same 10ml/20mg maximums as e liquid. However, it is perfectly possible to carry on mixing as usual. Please see our guide here.

Trade Customers

If you own a business, please be aware that we can continue to supply 72mg nicotine to trade customers. I

1 Like

You might have seen my earlier post where I said that individual countries (except Germany so far) have taken it upon themselves to interpret the 2ml part as being all tanks. That screenshot is from the actual document so you can make up your own mind what it means. Either way it means that theyā€™ll be banned for the majority of us in the EU. I personally think that one could be repealed, especially if Spain, Portugal and France opt out of it too.

3 Likes

Should I start planning a BBQ for this summer for all ELR EU members?? LOL

7 Likes

Iā€™m there!!

1 Like

Great idea!

1 Like

Hi Iā€™m Gary and Iā€™m a VAPIST, Iā€™m on a fixed income so I canā€™t afford to buy all the shit I want so guard your gear peeps

5 Likes

Hello, my name is Robert, I have been vaping for 5 years and change. It all started out innocently, I was given an old Segeli by a friend, ran out and bought a kangertech tank (old 1.5 ohm coils) and a bottle of watermelon flavored juice. Immediately, I was thinking "I could make a better, stronger flavor than this! What the heck! This tank has a weak draw!"
By the following week I was already trying to find a better ā€œdealerā€ for my flavor fix and had bought the new herakles sub-ohm tank. 2 months went by, everything was fineā€¦ Until a new vape shop opened. Immediately I was offering to funnel business to themā€¦ For a discount on mods and tanks! I signed their business cards and handed them out by the hundreds! (signed them to ensure they knew that I was the one sending them customersā€¦ and I was getting a $5 discount for every customer I sent that bought at least $20 of merchandise)
I built up a nice stash of tanks and mods, the newest version of Lemoā€™s, IPV mods, anything I thought might improve the flavor, the experience.
I was in deep and making those guys rich.
One day, while hanging out in the shop (by this time I was a fixture of the shop) Joe tells me that the new ā€œDIYā€ packets came in. Weā€™ve all seen them.
I spent hours experimenting. I was close to flavor nirvana! So close, but still unable to attain my goal. The perfect vape.
I soon explored the flavor industry and started buying up any flavor, even hot chili.
Itā€™s been a while, Iā€™ve come so close, but I still havenā€™t made the ā€œperfectā€ vape.
Luckily, the guys at the shop have helped me with my addiction. They offered to buy my juices.
My wife has nicknamed me ā€œSmegalā€, because when Iā€™m home I sit in my lab room and continue to pursue my ā€œpreciousā€.
I am a serial Vapist.
There is no hope of recovery.

10 Likes

I partially blame Pugs

6 Likes

Sounds like my kind of insanity.

(Stands up)
Hello gang Iā€™m Bob and I have a vaping problem.
(Crowd yells back Hi Bob)
Like many Iā€™ve come here tonight because I have a problem
Itā€™s causing issues at home with threats of bodily injury if I donā€™t cease and desist the impulse buying I just canā€™t seem to control.
Itā€™s the Flavors. OHH MY FUCKING GOD !!! The wonder of it all.
At least with my mixes sheā€™s stopped bitching it stinks like burning candy but Ohh how I do like that one special B&M store juice. ( Will I ever stop trying to clone it ? NO ! ) Donā€™t tell her that.
So I try to limit myself but Iā€™m not sure I have enough self control if Walt tosses up more weekly Real Flavor freebees.
Thanks for listening.
( Sets back down)

11 Likes

Nah, I think you may find you do not have to hand over your 2ml tanks, you just wonā€™t be able to replace them. So be gentle with em.

1 Like

Yea I know, thats why I wanted to stockpile!

1 Like

Hello, I am known as Hobbit and I do not believe I have a problem. :expressionless:

Even though I said I was done buying flavors until next fallā€¦I can explain!

One was free, one was a limited edition that wonā€™t be available to me pretty soon and the others, well it was only two more. Thatā€™s not an addiction, I swear! I can stop any time I want!

~Grabs a coffee and doughnut and sits down.

8 Likes