Enough is enough...beware of gearbest!

On 3Fvape, they make sure to label it as ‘styled’ which is appropriate, and definitely gives the buyer an idea of what they are buying. I don’t think that’s quite the issue here though, I did look at the review pictures and sure enough people are posting pictures with the Shenray packaging. It looks very likely they are selling particular clones with a couple different manufacturers as the packaging looks different between the reviews. I for one might like to have the Clone manufacturer clearly stated on the product page, and whether they are using multiple manufacturers for the same product.

6 Likes

I really didnt want to post in here but I just wanted to get something straight in my head - the item you were ordering was a clone and you didnt get the clone that was made by shenray because you assumed SER meant shenray & you came to the conclusion that SER meant shenray because other users had uploaded pictures of the authentic clone you were chasing. Is that right?

11 Likes

This is the whole point about researching your purchase. If you’ve seen this @obijuan , then some red lights should’ve gone off and you should’ve at least fired a question to Gearbest to understand what exactly they were selling.
I’m not defending the practices of Gearbest to have 1 product listed on their web page and sell a bunch of different versions, but I don’t think it’s fair to shift the blame wholly on GB and try to get as many people as possible on the drama band wagon. Buying a clone, I’d probably do even more research on the product than an actual brand name and it’s clearly something you didn’t properly do.

Still, I hope they sort out your problem (which is in everybody’s interest) and that you’ve learned a lesson in online shopping.

5 Likes

yes that’s basically it

3 Likes

I for one might like to have the Clone manufacturer clearly stated on the product page, and whether they are using multiple manufacturers for the same product.

Now this would be ideal. thank you

2 Likes

you should’ve at least fired a question to Gearbest to understand what exactly they were selling.

I was about to but someone beat me to it:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

lol, how is that an answer to the question? :smiley:

• Is this a BMW?
  • we ship it out of Germany
    (and then you get an Opel Corsa)

That message got lost in translation

5 Likes

Every time I’ve ordered from Asian companies I’ve always had a super happy fun party experience

5 Likes

LMAO, yea unfortunately that language barrier is a big problem when something goes wrong, and you need to communicate, or in that case a correct answer would have avoided this…

Anyway, I did get a response from June last night regarding this whole thing, and I will keep you all updated. Lets see what happens…

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. That’s shady as fuck, close the ticket and show us proof that you have, then we promise we’ll send you a refund. Lol WTF. They’ve been stellar so far in the honesty department. Yea no way should you close the ticket. I’d eat the $30 just to cause them as much trouble as they’ve caused you. It’s a small price to pay to let them know that fucking with customers and running a business like that is not acceptable. If you can’t trust a business is going to be straight with you then I’m sure as hell not giving them my business. BOYCOTT GEARBEST!!! Hit them where it hurts.

1 Like

Yea, that was the last straw for me.

When I saw that is when I said “fuck it I’m posting this” lol

1 Like

@June please contact me, I have an issue too, thanks .

1 Like

Back in days I’ve placed two orders at Gearbest and none of them arrived as a complete order. There’s always missing something because of either a discontinued production or some stupid restock delay. Besides, both times it took like over a month to receive a notice about “issues”. On top of delay, another two and a half weeks to get the stuff delivered. Horrible customer service! The worst I ever had in my life!
DON’T EVER BUY FROM Gearbest, go for 3fvape if you have to.

2 Likes

@Mix_and_Hope Unfortunately June is absolutely no help and he/she is a liar.

I have an update for you all, which I will post shortly. I want to get everything ready.

1 Like

Just to be sure we’re still not lumping all the Chinese vendors into this, I have a FT order ‘out for delivery’ today on day 13, and the previous one was 9 days to the mailbox. Sorry this experience was a terrible one.

3 Likes

I have to second that. I deal exclusively with China for reviews both manufacturers and sales outlets. Zero problems to be honest. Delivery times vary greatly for sure. USPS affiliated deliveries can be 30 to 40 days. DHL has hit my door in six days flat.

3 Likes

Well, I guess there is one other thing and it’s a hoot! The broken english…

Ah, you like do review? We see you review and like. We have good vape you like. We work together?

Gotta love it!!!

3 Likes

In an effort to be completely transparent, and not just ‘vendor bashing,’ I am going to post ALL of my recent interactions with June here so everyone can see just how full of shit they really are. I for one will not be ordering from them ever again, but if anyone else does, be warned!

OK, so here is the update I promised:

When this all started about 2 weeks ago, I sent a PM to June first to see if she could help out a fellow forum member. This was her delightful response:

So after starting this thread, and about a weeks time, and several calls to PayPal, June responded to me again, and seemed like she wanted to help & offered a full refund:

Now, it seems I had her attention, so after reading her response, I had a few questions of my own:

Next came her response and my FINAL comment to her. Now this is where I feel they LIE & are FULL OF SHIT.

1. She claims “The product you hold which is we especially customized from ”ShenRay”. Because it has no logo, we did not mention its manufacturer on our website.”
  • Maybe so, but why is the spare parts bag from a different clone manufacturer, with their logo on it?

• I have an actual ShenRay RTA with no logo, but there is a serial #, and the quality is much different.

• I also did not receive an answer as to why the product reviews DO NOT match the item they are selling.

• In my final response to her I specifically said “Please contact PayPal to issue the refund, and I will gladly close the case & update the forum thread that all has been resolved.”

Well…over the weekend I finally received an email from PAYPAL, NOT GEARBEST:

So it seems that they did everything possible to delay, ignore or avoid my case. In the end I am getting my money back so fuck them, but it is complete bullshit that it had to go this far.

Lesson learned. Beware of this vendor. Their product reviews DO NOT match the item being sold, and lastly if you have a problem, get ready for frustrations and headaches.

They are NOT WORTH IT!

4 Likes

@obijuan These cases count as “dings” against Sellers and that’s why they wanted you to close the case. However you definitely would have lost your ability to get refunded by Paypal if you closed the case …but that’s obvious to everyone. Also obvious why they used it as leverage against you to get a refund from them …they need those cases off the record.

I am an Online Resale Professional and cannot imagine risking my reputation for $36. That’s a Lose Lose scenario. Imagine what $$ they spend to create their Marketshare. Spiting your nose to save face. I know you still don’t feel OK about this, but at least you enjoyed PayPal’s fervent Customer Protection. …now breeeeathe :smirk: Well communicated~! Kudos

6 Likes

Thanks Bo. I don’t understand it either smh

I’m fine now with the outcome, but it was a long painful road…

4 Likes