European vapers: TPD compliant devices

Since it won’t be long until you can only buy TPD compliant tanks I was wondering if there is a list of TPD compliant devices. I’d really like to see what will be available for purchase after the TPD has been introduced.
I have only seen one Kanger Tank which should be TPD compliant but at the moment I think I will have to go and buy a few Crowns…

Innokin iSub VE is TPD compliant

http://www.vapourlites.com/user/products/large/iSub%20VE%20New2.jpg

http://www.vapourlites.com/innokin-isub-ve-2ml-tank.html

2 Likes

Any tank that only holds 2ml of e-liquid is kinda TPD compliant if i’m not totally wrong.

1 Like

Take a look at anything called mini. Many of the companies rolled out “mini” version calling it innovation but it was more to be tbd compliant.

1 Like

E-cigs and refill containers must have a mechanism to ensure leak free refilling. Dunno how they’re going to manage that one, but it’s also in there.

1 Like

The goblin mini v3 and the aromamizer supreme lite are also under 2ml capacity but get round it by offering an extension tube, either along with the tank (aromamizer) or to buy separately (goblin). Tank capacity is the least of or worrier when it comes to TPD.

1 Like

I’ve spoken to the guys in the local shop today, they seemed quite relaxed about the hardware. Their main concern was the nicotine. But we can still buy the 72mg base and I have about 3 liters in the freezer already :innocent:

2 Likes

You think? I would be very suprised if that was the case…

1 Like

Yes, that’s what i thought. But since I’ve spoken to the guys in the shop i think it is not as bad as it sounded.

1 Like

Chocolate is harmful for dogs, do you get spill free packaging? No!

You know why? Because its down to the consumer to ensure that a product that is harmful is kept in a safe place.

Stupid rules that should calm down even if they are passed.

2 Likes

Unless they ban cigarette manufacturer / sales their TPD compliance is worthless imo

Absolutely, i totally agree. Personal responsibility is being replaced with bans and nannies telling us what we can and an not do.

1 Like

It isn’t the capacity or being leak-free that makes a device ‘TPD-compliant’ but that it’s been found to comply with all the requirements of the TPD by the authorities of a member state (eg. the MHRA for the UK) and issued an EU-CEG reference number.

The EU’s database is due to be available from the end of November so that retailers are able to check that devices have received ‘clearance’ for them to be sold within the EU and I believe consumers will also have access to the data.

1 Like

We are leaving the EU… At some point… :unamused:

Hahaha after yesterday I’m not too sure anymore…

1 Like

Great, that’s the answer i was looking for. I’ll have a look and post the link when i find it.

2ml capacity and leak free refilling is a requirement of the TPD. That was a direct quote from article 20. It may be relaxed, which I really hope it will be. I also don’t know how they would intend enforcing such ridiculous rules.

To be compliant, a cartridge or tank must “not exceed a volume of 2 ml”.
But being 2ml itself does not make a device compliant.

There are quite a few other requirements and hoops for manufacturers/importers to jump through (not least, emissions testing), a lot of paperwork and a six-month wait before TPD ‘approval’ may be granted to allow the device to be sold within the EU.

In one of the german web shops they said that the leak proof part will most likely be covered by the liquid bottles since pretty much every bottle on the market will be 10ml with the dripper thingies we know from the flavor bottles.
The 2ml capacity limit could be avoided by, let’s say, creative design such as after market glass tubes or extra thick glass, a removable layer of something around the chimney of the tank etc.

the only thing we’ll struggle with is buying Nic, you have until May to stock up and to be honest if you buy a litre a month (like I am) you’ll have years worth in the freezer.
There’s still a chance this could all be overturned but it wont be for a few years, 2 or 3 minimum, it’s just not a priority when there’s a shit ton of other more important stuff that needs to be sorted first with this shit show.

You’ll probably find most stores selling off there none TPD compliant gear nearer to May anyway so keep your eyes out for that and buy when you can, It really won’t be that bad if your clever enough to get prepared.

2 Likes