Even though you are DIY'ing, is there a juice that you still buy?

I know that I’ve been able to ween myself off of ALL of my old commercial juice favs, except ONE. Sure sure, I’ve tried nailing it down, got close, but ehhhh, every once in a while, I still pick up a bottle. I have kind of a donut custard problem. Every time I think I’m getting close, it come out doughy. Wondering if anyone else still have one they pick up time to time.

http://royalvapeproducts.com/products/strawberry-custard

5 Likes

I can’t think of any I would buy to replace but now and again I will grab a bottle to try something new.

3 Likes

Not really. I win a Reddit giveaway about once every two months it seems, so thanks to the deeming regulations those aren’t free. So, if that can be counted, I do usually pay some minimal amount (anywhere from $1 to $5 + shipping for every 30ml, 60ml, or 120ml depending on the contest prize) to try something new. I review every commercial juice I try (link is my JuiceDB review profile) giving back to the vendor and the community, so no guilty feelings about winning giveaways despite not likely ever buying their juice.

3 Likes

Short answer = no :wink:

5 Likes

I buy juice if I want to hang out in a Brick & Mortar vape shop. I dont buy it because I need it or (really) even like it, I buy it because if I want to hang out there, I feel like I have to support them to keep their doors open.

6 Likes

Same for me as @Lolly,nope, nada, not gonna do it. The whole reason to be into DIY in the 1st place and would rather spend on gear or flavors.

6 Likes

No for me too, I hardly bought any commercial juice to begin with but almost straight away got into DIY. I started to vape in februari and joint ELR in march. The juices I tried were meh and I don’t want to waste any more money than I already have.

8 Likes

I was that way with my Alien Visions Bobas Bounty… the mainstay of my tobacco vapes for a long, long time; couldn’t put it down. However, the more tobacco concentrates I purchased and the more I mixed my own tobacco juices, the easier it was to finally let go of the BB.

Furthermore, the decision to let go was eventually out of my hands all together,
due to the fact that Alien Visions had to stop selling BB outright. They couldn’t purchase the “secret ingredient” from their overseas vendor anymore (due to corporate greed), so BB was suddenly a thing of the past. :rage:

The “replacement” for BB was sub-par at best; just couldn’t hold a candle to the original BB. Then, my NET ventures took over and NO B&M juice tasted good; too damn sweet and synthetic (fake) tasting for my liking.

Now, for me, it’s naturally extracted tobacco or nothing. :wink: Kinda glad it all happened the way it did or I wouldn’t have known that NET was so damned tasty!

7 Likes

I buy the occasional bottle, usually for inspiration or out of boredom. Haven’t bought one that sparked much interest and most all are major disappointments regardless of how much a shop person or patron will brag on them. However, an ELR member recently sent me a bottle of Picasso’s Palette from One Last Drop. They are a Canadian company so I can’t get it here. This is to try and help clone it. I fully understand wanting to clone this juice…it is SOOO good. Unique to say the least.

Outside of that, I never buy liquid so I’ll have something to vape. Even some of my flops are better than most vendor juice. Or at least that’s what my conceited self tells me :wink:

8 Likes

Nope… I would make an exception if only Alien Visions could bring back the original Boba’s and Gorilla juice!

2 Likes

I sell to a lot of brick and mortar stores and usually wind up being asked to try/rate a new juice they are thinking of carrying. It’s free, so I guess you could say I don’t “buy” any juices.
I do have one obscure (and most will say “disgusting”) juice that I will buy, roughly about once or twice a year, until I perfect a clone.
That’s Marrakesh by Arkansas e-liquid.
Don’t know why I’m draw to that particular flavor, but then again, I’m sure @Bob_Bitchen and I have the ultra-refined pallette of a rabid raccoon. We just taste something in there that others will never get.

5 Likes

I never ever do anymore, commercial e-liquids they all taste weird to me these days.

4 Likes

Maybe because I just haven’t succeeded at cloning it but I can’t go without Strawberry Fields Forever from Holy Grail Elixir. It’s my holy grail. Unfortunately I will have to do without when this bottle is finished since my retard country doesn’t allow internet sales of eliquid and I can’t get it anywhere in a shop in Europe :cry:

1 Like

I haven’t bought juice in months, but I do have a local shop I like to support! With that being said I support them by buying mods, cotton, wire, rdas and etc. The money I save on juice I get to buy cool ass new tech instead! :wink:

3 Likes

Dat Element Pink Lemonade… For now.

Even when I only purchased e-liquid before I started DIY, if I could get anything I wanted for free, I could only probably pick 2 or 3 that I honestly like. Maybe I am too picky but just as @Beaufort_Batches put it, they all taste weird. Especially now.

2 Likes

DIY pretty exclusively now, but there is one juice I can’t get enough of…House of Poets Mexican Coffee. Totally delicious. Moderate coffee flavor with light chocolate and a hint of cinnamon. Been looking for a similar recipe but no luck yet. Made a couple of clone attempts but just not there yet.

2 Likes

Element ~ Pink Grapefruit and Just Add Heat ~ Darkside (Dragonfruit, Blueberry, Raspberry)

I don’t crave these anymore enough to buy my own bottle but if my son has any, he knows he can trade me 10 mils of these for 50 mils of one of mine. :yum:

2 Likes

Avalon and Infinite Bliss by Immortal Fog. Because I can’t replicate either one of them.

2 Likes

Nope. They all require me to hop in a car or order over the internet. I’m too lazy, rather vape my steeped premade mixes.

3 Likes

Oh, I love a challenge. Put together a thread and see if you can’t recruit a few people to give you a hand in cloning them. What is the profile of each?

1 Like