Everything Floral

I thing with VG you would have to keep it heated as its more thick it might be flavored uneven.

1 Like

No I havenā€™t for the reason you mentioned, not a good flavour carrier. I still had some PG so I just tried it with that.

[quote=ā€œOhm_IGod, post:61, topic:25488ā€]
with VG you would have to keep it heated
[/quote]That is probably true and you will most likely have to use more base flavour. (I think)

1 Like

Thanks! I was just curious, I donā€™t have any PG on hand, so I was wondering if there may be another step outside of heating it, I wanted to mess around with it at work tomorrowā€¦oh the possibilities with everything I have. I suppose a simple google search would help :wink:

1 Like

Ok. So this is where Iā€™m gonna jump into the pond. Topic being: VG not being a good flavor carrier. (Might need to transfer this over to another thread if this blows up)

Iā€™ve heard it said many times VG isnā€™t a good flavor carrier. Iā€™m calling BS on this, due to my mixes being +/- 80% VG. After emulsifying/whipping the flavors together 5 or 6 times with a mixer and steeping, I get bang on flavor. The flavor seems to have been carried in an awesome way.

Perhaps some one can ā€œSplain it to Lucyā€ here about VG being such a bad flavor carrier?

1 Like

Yeah this might need to go to a different thread but briefly my thoughts are similar to yours. In my experience with PG idk if its ā€œcarryingā€ it better as much as I get a more sharpness flavor? I heard that all day long about PG vs VG so when I first started DIY I bumped my flavors up (Im a vg guy) and it was too much.
I have had no issues with my VG juices and the flavor pops just fine for me! As far as flavorings themselvesā€¦Iā€™ve never made them so I cannot report my lil Lucy

1 Like

Itā€™s not just as a carrier in your finished liquid though - Take menthol crystals for example. You can dissolve up over 100% in alcohol, and up to 50% in PGā€¦ I donā€™t have numbers, but itā€™s much lower for VGā€¦ :smile: The same recipe in max PG and max VG, the taste is stronger in the PG oneā€¦ VG one is more muted and sweeter.

2 Likes

I guess I will never be able to experiment with this to see for myself; stopped using PG altogether, months ago. Youā€™ve been doing this for way longer, so Iā€™ll take your word for it. Thx for the ā€œsplainingā€! ; )

1 Like

Flavorah Vanilla Custard has a good egg note. Itā€™s rated highly among a lot of mixers on reddit.

1 Like

Rooibos moroccan pomegranate! Yummy stuff!

http://www.celestialseasonings.com/products/red-teas/moroccan-pomegranate-rooibos

1 Like

I love the Madagascar vanilla, too. Iā€™ll have to get some on amazon. I havenā€™t seen it anywhere since I moved south. :smile:

1 Like

Madagascar and Classic FA are the same.

Do you have publix? They have some Madagascar Vanilla in the specialty tea section I believe
Cant remember if its Rooibos though and not every Publix have it

1 Like

I thought she meant DIY concentrates. Ok.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure but I know Iā€™m getting me some Vassic FA now! :wink:
Im looking for a Bourbon vanilla bean myself (flavorings)

Haha yeah I have the flavoring, I want the tea! :stuck_out_tongue: @DarthVapor3 I know Kroger sells a rooibos and I buy a couple boxes any time Iā€™m in there. Not sure where the closest publix is, but Iā€™m sure thereā€™s one around here somewhere. :wink: Iā€™m excited we are getting a Whole Foods right across the street. Well, not really, but they usually have a good selection of tea and coffee.

I think Iā€™m gonna try doing a rooibos extraction with PG today. Iā€™ll let you know how it goes.

2 Likes

There you go again with the good ideas! Looks like Iā€™m gonna HAVE to buy some PG so as to do my own extractions!

2 Likes

Well I just gave it a taste and itā€™s GOOD! I tweaked it a bit and although I havenā€™t tasted the new recipe yet Iā€™ll post it soon, The violet is very soft with a subtle honey-citrus undertone and cream throughout, I like it and its the best I can do until I get some new creams/custards- I could vape it all day for sure!

Btw the new recipe has 10 flavors in it so farā€¦itā€™s almost like making a real panna cotta! :wink:

2 Likes

Ok here is the very first version of the panna cotta which turned out great for a first attempt but personally I wanted a bit more blueberry;

Blue-Violet Panna Cotta(Prototype) : http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/228541/Blue-Violet+Panna+Cotta%28Prototype%29

3.5% Bavarian Cream (TPA)
2.5% Blueberry Extra (TPA)
3.5% Blueberry Wild (TPA)
2.5% French Vanilla (CAP)
0.6% Honey Clover (LA)
0.7% Lemon Lime (TPA)
2% Sweet Cream (CAP)
1.5% Vanilla Swirl (TPA)
3% Violet (FA)

Flavor total: 19.8%
Remember to rate it at: http://e-liquid-recipes.com/r/1NnN

This is the tweaked version which I have yet to taste in all its glory but I think its going to turn out pretty good-- Iā€™m hoping to get some new creams/custards with this upcoming order so I can try it in other ways

Blue Violet Panna Cotta w/ Citrus Honey Glaze : http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/228542/Blue+Violet+Panna+Cotta+w%2F+Citrus+Honey+Glaze

3% Bavarian Cream (TPA)
1.8% Blueberry (CAP)
1.5% Blueberry Extra (TPA)
2% Blueberry Wild (TPA)
1.5% French Vanilla (CAP)
0.8% Honey Clover (LA)
1% Lemon Lime (TPA)
2% Sweet Cream (CAP)
3% Vanilla Swirl (TPA)
3.5% Violet (FA)

Flavor total: 20.1%
Remember to rate it at: http://e-liquid-recipes.com/r/1NnP

3 Likes

So Iā€™m thinking about trying FAā€™s rose and jasmine. I was thinking of the lavendar too but the reviews on ECX didnā€™t really convince me and right now iā€™m trying to buy the least as much as possible (yeah right)
Has anyone used these yet?
@Amy2 I know you said you donā€™t have them but want them, have you tried them before though?

I just made a recipe with my White Tea that I have had on the shelf since I bought it months ago and it turned out REALLY nice! Iā€™m kinda on a tea kick at the moment and besides the green and black we have already discussed is there any other teas out there I should get?
This white Tea is AMAZING and Iā€™m thinking since I have a cabinet full of dozens upon dozens of teas I can try my hand at making my own. Awaiting word from you @Jimk and how your Pom uberlong is coming :wink:
Iā€™m also curious if when making your own the tea would go off/stale like it does in real life with tea/coffee or if it will hold true in VG

2 Likes